MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jive Turkey

Karen
Miocic on his post-fight celebration jig:

“Has anybody seen Old School? We watched it today and I kind of ‘Frank the Tank’d’ it. I just had no idea what I was doing. I don’t know why I did it. I feel really dumb that I did it. Then I did the ‘suck it’, I don’t know why. I feel like I didn’t know what to do with my hands or my feet. I’m an idiot, just dumb. I think adrenaline takes over. I’m the guy at the party that does dumb stuff like ‘why would he do that?’ It’s fun.”

lol what a goon

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Here are the full salaries for UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2 as provided by the California State Athletic Commission:

Stipe Miocic: $800,000 — $750,000 flat fee plus $50,000 for ‘Performance of the Night’
Daniel Cormier: $500,000 flat fee.

Nate Diaz: $250,000 flat fee.
Anthony Pettis: $155,000

Paulo Costa: $170,000 — $60,000 to show, $60,000 to win plus $50,000 for ‘Fight of the Night’
Yoel Romero: $200,000 — $150,000 to show plus $50,000 for ‘Fight of the Night’

Sodiq Yusuff: $28,000 — $14,000 to show, $14,000 to win
Gabriel Benitez: $40,000
Derek Brunson: $190,000 — $95,000 to show, $95,000 to win
Ian Heinisch: $25,000
Khama Worthy: $74,000 — $12,000 to show, $12,000 to win plus $50,000 for ‘Performance of the Night’
Devonte Smith: $23,000
Cory Sandhagen: $154,000 — $77,000 to show, $77,000 to win
Raphael Assuncao: $79,000
Drakkar Klose: $56,000 — $28,000 to show, $28,000 to win
Christos Giagos: $28,000
Casey Kenney: $28,000 — $14,000 to show, $14,000 to win
Manny Bermudez: $20,000
Hannah Cifers: $28,000 — $14,000 to show, $14,000 to win
Jodie Esquibel: $10,000
Kyung Ho Kang: $44,000 — $22,000 to show, $22,000 to win
Brandon Davis: $21,000
Sabina Mazo: $20,000 — $10,000 to show, $10,000 to win
Shana Dobson: $12,000

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cormier is the worse thing that happened to MMA in the last 8 years or so.

His wrestling and athletic ability are both impressive, he also developed a striking game that kept heavies weary.

But his attitude and dirty fighting style literally makes me sick. The fucking eye poke shit is so egregious at this point, if I was fighting him, I would have my trainer talk to the ref specifically about Daniel extending to poke. It's just not fun for anyone, he trying to take the easy way out, get an eye poke, then go for broke with a head kick or swarm with actual punching strikes.

He is s good enough fighter where he doesnt need to be poking opponents to win. I'm so glad he got knocked the fuck out. Stipe a legend for just blasting his fat frame and literally breaking that fat faggot down. MMA will be better off without him.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Those weight swings are retarded. Retarded.

Men are dehydrating themselves to step on a scale. What's even the point? There are other ways to test discipline. Like getting beat up in front of a few hundred thousand people.

Those swings make a mockery of the concept.

Goatface

Paulo Costa 213.8 pounds on fight night.....Costa was precariously close to that 15-percent mark where CSAC is recommending fighters move up.
didn't think about the math last night when posting and didn't realize they used 186 as the base, 186+15% = 213.9
that is stupidly close

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Cormier is the worse thing that happened to MMA in the last 8 years or so.

His wrestling and athletic ability are both impressive, he also developed a striking game that kept heavies weary.

But his attitude and dirty fighting style literally makes me sick. The fucking eye poke shit is so egregious at this point, if I was fighting him, I would have my trainer talk to the ref specifically about Daniel extending to poke. It's just not fun for anyone, he trying to take the easy way out, get an eye poke, then go for broke with a head kick or swarm with actual punching strikes.

He is s good enough fighter where he doesnt need to be poking opponents to win. I'm so glad he got knocked the fuck out. Stipe a legend for just blasting his fat frame and literally breaking that fat faggot down. MMA will be better off without him.
it's my belief that DC only has fans b/c some ppl really despise Jon, otherwise DC is just an unlikeable turd

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am most confused by the DC weight gain. I mean, it isn't like he was cutting to make the 265 limit, so WTF did he put on an extra 11lbs overnight?

Also, I know it has been asked before, but why can't they just weigh in the day of the fight in order to combat the hardcore weight cuts? Just make everyone fight at what they actually weigh.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Those weight swings are retarded. Retarded.

Men are dehydrating themselves to step on a scale. What's even the point? There are other ways to test discipline. Like getting beat up in front of a few hundred thousand people.

Those swings make a mockery of the concept.

Also it's dangerous and makes for less entertaining fights. Lose-lose-lose.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I am most confused by the DC weight gain. I mean, it isn't like he was cutting to make the 265 limit, so WTF did he put on an extra 11lbs overnight?

Also, I know it has been asked before, but why can't they just weigh in the day of the fight in order to combat the hardcore weight cuts? Just make everyone fight at what they actually weigh.
b/c then everyone would weigh in all dehydrated and get dropped within a few seconds

it's not like it fucking matters, ONEFC does it best where they measure what your correct weight is, and do hydration tests,

while UFC is still in the stone age.

everyone is praising the UFC for having early weigh ins, and then having the "ceremonial" weigh ins in the afternoon.

who gives a shit really?

UFC can't even change their fucking gloves and lets cheaters like DC almost cheat towards a win the second time with Stipe.

I don't understand why you can't just automatically deduct 1pt for eye pokes, and 1pt for dick strikes.

Look at Yoel flopping around for 2 mins.

Captain Suave

In grappling competitions they do mat-side weigh ins right as you step on to compete. People simply go out dehydrated, believing it's an advantage. The only way to stop weight cutting is to either abolish weight limits or have an extensive program monitoring average body weight and hydration levels over a period of weeks.

Cocaine Samurai

Trakanon Raider
it's my belief that DC only has fans b/c some people really despise Jon, otherwise DC is just an unlikeable turd
Big Truth.
The first time DC poked Stipe I was mad but the ref caught it and it happens especially with fighters that grab your hands and wrestle a lot. Then DC won right after the eye poke and I felt "Well that's kinda bullshit but shit happens"
Then the prefight trailers and teasers with the interviews and DC just starts talking so much shit even Indian designated shitting streets would say "woah man ease up a bit" while Stipe is being mostly respectful.

241 comes and I almost wake up the whole house screaming when DC blatantly hooks him in the eye with his thumb and Herb fucking says "It's clean".

Then I realized the only reason I ever rooted for DC in a fight before was he was fighting Jones, a guy caught doping(which means he was probably been doping before/after and just got caught) and gets out of his criminal troubles with money and fame.

DC looked like a saint in comparison. Hope he retires on that L.

Goatface

Extended fingers
In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand, fingers pointing at the opponent's face/eyes, will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

do the refs just not care about that rule anymore?

==
another tweet in that string that i missed

Captain Suave

==
another tweet in that string that i missed

That's heavy-handed and would just result in fighters cutting off their rehydration. I swear the people who come up with these ideas simply don't understand that fighters will do ANYTHING to their bodies if they think they'll win.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Have 3 Weigh ins
3 days before,
1 day before
the day of.

Average value of all 3 can not exceed your class limit.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like if you are fighting at 185? Max over is 190 and can still fight with a pay penalty. Anything over 190 canceled fight. Maybe make it 10 lbs. Weigh ins 1 hour before the fight

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Weigh ins are early in the morning, before guys have stuffed their face with foodstuffs. Fight-night weigh ins are in the evening, with fighters fully hydrated and fueled up.

Also and more importantly, habit and ritual. He also has a 20+ year history of draining his body and then gorging himself for competition. Imagine he's got some superstitious Popeyes meal before his fight or something similarly silly that gets him in the zone to engage another man in gladiatorial combat.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Also how easily people forget DC's "popularity" used to be similar to Woodley or Colby. Dude got a lot of boos.

Dude turned around his image hardcore the last year+ of his career and this is how he'll be remembered.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
jones and DC deserve each other in that respect. the two best fighters humanity has to offer, and both of them have to fight dirty to win.

and it is easy to see the impact of the heavy weight cut, TJ is a prime example. everyone has been talking about more weight classes or different cut rules for years, but nothing gets done. where is the hold up? the athletic commissions?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Weigh ins are early in the morning, before guys have stuffed their face with foodstuffs. Fight-night weigh ins are in the evening, with fighters fully hydrated and fueled up.

Also and more importantly, habit and ritual. He also has a 20+ year history of draining his body and then gorging himself for competition. Imagine he's got some superstitious Popeyes meal before his fight or something similarly silly that gets him in the zone to engage another man in gladiatorial combat.
lulz what about DC and towel gate, he weighed in at 206.2, then after dropping trou and using a towel, his underwear magically weighs 1.2lbs

he's a cheater, ppl just let him go b/c they hate jon jones.

• 1Solidarity