MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is mostly HK news but more relevant here.

if you remember this guy, he's China's MMA guy and challenges wushu fighters to real fights to prove wushu tai chi is bullshit.
03.gif

In China EVERY actor/actress is PRO China (or they say they are supporting HK Police... yea bullshit)

Yes, even the great Jackie Chan.

But not this guy!

yea, well basically he supports HK

and says that Hong kongers are not rioters(thats how China is viewing them)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

That fight cost Jon Jones $8 million, Put it that way. That’s how much it just changed the future. Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier will never even be discussed again. Let alone happen again. It will never even come up again. The only way you’re gonna get Daniel back, I can all but assure you guys you are gonna get Daniel back, but let me play along. The only way you’re gonna get Daniel back now is Daniel vs. Stipe

also said DC was in the sauna before weigh ins

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember when the UFC was about the Champ's defending their belts 3 times a year against the guys the fought their way up the ladder against the best competition?

Thanks Dana. Thanks Brock. Thanks Connor. Thanks Nate. You have ruined everything.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Remember when the UFC was about the Champ's defending their belts 3 times a year against the guys the fought their way up the ladder against the best competition?

Thanks Dana. Thanks Brock. Thanks Connor. Thanks Nate. You have ruined everything.
they fucked that shit up all w/ fucking ferg being the "interim" and tripping on a wire

they fucked that w/ colby being the "interim" and wanting to heal, he wanted to fucking heal!

they gave that tuf bitch the fw champ title for fighting other scrubby fw girls NOT in the UFC, and when faced w/ Valentina as a contender, she ran.

Nunes is the only double champ champ and she still gets no respect b/c no one gives a shit about "cyborgs" division.

Honestly womens MMA sucks so bad i wouldn't be mad at Valentina vs. Nunes 3, just so Nunes has a shot at being Triple champ champ champ and we just see, that even when have a triple champ, no one gives a shit cuz she's Nunes

Goatface

how do you mangle a finger that bad and not look? when i stub my toe, neighbors probably know about it

=

apparently Dana is going to make Henry give up Fly belt if he doesn't fight Benavidez
Henry wants to fight Aldo or a chick. i thought Henry was out till next year.
anyway, seems funny Dana caring about FW, guess they just need someone to headline a ppv.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Khabib vs Poirier, any reasonable way Khabib loses?
don't sleep on poirier, khabib has never faced an accurate /fast/strong volume striker like diamond.

he has wins over the toughest LW's by sheer destruction, eddie x2/gaethje/pettis

diamond only really loses to getting cracked by more accurate strikers like conor and mj.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
don't sleep on poirier, khabib has never faced an accurate /fast/strong volume striker like diamond.

he has wins over the toughest LW's by sheer destruction, eddie x2/gaethje/pettis

diamond only really loses to getting cracked by more accurate strikers like conor and mj.
Oh, I am definitely sleeping on ol'Dusty Diamond.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Shouldn't pick fights with people. Never know how well versed in combat they are. Dummy

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If you're in a street fight and your opponent throws a leg kick, it's time to reconsider your commitment.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh, I am definitely sleeping on ol'Dusty Diamond.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. No way Khabib loses on his home turf, and Poirier looked listless in the press conference. But anything could happen, isn't Khabib getting married recently? Might take some of his edge off?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. No way Khabib loses on his home turf, and Poirier looked listless in the press conference. But anything could happen, isn't Khabib getting married recently? Might take some of his edge off?
aka is in tatters, only with the destruction of khabib will the cycle be complete.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like Poriers endurance and overall stamina. Not only does he press opponents, he can go 5 rds and not wane in the championship ones.

Some fighters have great cardio but in the sense of being in good condition, where they arent going to get winded after 8 minutes. Then there is Porier/Covington/Usman types who literally NEVER stop. It is a huge attribute to be able to not only throw a high volume of significant strikes, but then maintain that pace throughout the fight.

Point is, I dont see Khabib outworking Porier. He might have the leverage and strength to cage him or take him down, but Dustin has great TD defense and scramble ability. He is also a superior striker to Khabib, he got the better of Holloway who might be one if the greatest stand up fighters of all time (who's work rate was said to be unmatched, yet still lost to DP, and convincingly so).

I also dont see DP tapping out. So he could lose a boring decision, but besides that outcome there is only the possibility for Dustin to win by decision himself, unless he gets lucky and catches Khabib in something or clips him.

I dont see how Khabib wins in any other fashion besides decision, where Dustin could theoretically stop submit or decision him if he fights a perfect fight.