MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

AliveQueasyBonobo-size_restricted.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If that dude cuts & bleeds that easy, then he might have issues in a boxing match against Alex, LOL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The top 3, maybe even the Lauzon fight, on this card are fun fights. All they are missing is one big headliner fight and this could have been a really good PPV card.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Had no idea Lauzon was still fighting. I feel like he got wrecked the last few times I watched him. He was always fun to watch though

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Had no idea Lauzon was still fighting. I feel like he got wrecked the last few times I watched him. He was always fun to watch though
i remember clay wrecked him in 20s and proceeded to gnp him for another 30s

Highlights-UFN-120-Best-of-CLAY-GUIDA-vs-Joe-Lauzon.gif

probably the best running uppercut

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

4 out of his last 5 matches have been losses and the one win was a split decision that literally everyone (including Lauzon himself) thought he lost. The only reason he hasn't been cut is because he's tied for the second most post-fight bonuses in UFC history, but I suspect this is his last UFC fight if he loses again.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone should be a fan of Joe Lauzon. Him and guys like Jim Miller, and Cowboy have bridged the Founder Generation to the Current Era. They have given their lives to the sport and rarely had a boring fight. I'd take one of those guys over 5 Conor McGregor's any day.

Goatface

he seems like a great dude, but his last fights have been sad. just don't think the power/stamina are there anymore. at least he is getting $62k per fight, plus $20k fight week

=

looks like it pretty certain Khabib isn't going to fight till March/April. Dana saying all Conor wants is a rematch and of course he like$ that.

Goatface

In fact, cops say they tried to work with the accuser -- but she stopped cooperating with law enforcement during the investigation.

Ultimately, the Bernalillo County DA's office tells TMZ Sports, "There was not enough evidence to proceed with the petty misdemeanor charge of battery under New Mexico state law."

But, Jones isn't out of the woods ... somehow, officials say Jones agreed to plead no contest to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a 90-day deferment program, which we'll explain in a sec.

What we can't understand ... if no witnesses confirmed a crime took place and there's no longer a victim, why would Jones take a plea deal? We're trying to get in touch with his people for an answer.

As for the 90-day deferment program -- it essentially means the charge will be dropped altogether if Jones adheres to several conditions over the next 90 days, including:

-- no alcohol or drugs
-- no going to the strip club where the alleged incident took place
-- no contacting the accuser

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
As for the 90-day deferment program -- it essentially means the charge will be dropped altogether if Jones adheres to several conditions over the next 90 days, including:

-- no alcohol or drugs
-- no going to the strip club where the alleged incident took place
-- no contacting the accuser

he probably just took cuz if all he has to do for 3months is avoid being a piece of shit drug addict, ignoring the waitress and go to a different strip club, that shit will be over with.

i mean is this no different than cutting a check pre-trial instead of going through with the whole debacle? doesn't mean youre guilty, you just want this shit out of your life.

it's also probably cuz he has other legal shit to deal with, like this

i mean, yea, asshole, pay taxes, jesus christ

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
lulz, no more UFCs in CA for the future i see.

there aren't any UFC events in cali at all this year, and i doubt there will be any, ever again.
I really like the rule but yeah no more UFC or Bellator in Cali. Too bad it didn't happen in Nevada first.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I really like the rule but yeah no more UFC or Bellator in Cali. Too bad it didn't happen in Nevada first.
the rule makes sense sure, but everyone in UFC comes in at like AT LEAST 20% over and look completely different.

It was even worse b4 USADA stepped in and said "no needles", b4 USADA they step off the scale and get saline bag already injected.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
lulz, no more UFCs in CA for the future i see.

there aren't any UFC events in cali at all this year, and i doubt there will be any, ever again.

Proof the UFC isn't interested in fighter safety. Of course we all knew that already.

Like the NFL, they give enough lip service to the issue insofar as it helps them avoid lawsuits.