MMA Thread

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
first ever bmf belt called by doctor stoppage is pottery in motion. the legend grows ....

and /mourn johnny walker. this sport derails so many hype trains the exceptions are precisely that .. exceptional.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also Masvidal already won rounds 1/2/3, all he had to do was run away like Conor for 10minutes

you guys can't tell me you had Nate winning any rounds?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Also Masvidal already won rounds 1/2/3, all he had to do was run away like Conor for 10minutes

you guys can't tell me you had Nate winning any rounds?
I think the best hope anyone had after rounds 1-3 was that Nate would outlast him and that maybe Masvidal would gas. Except I don't think there's much of a chance he would have gassed, and Nate's cardio would have just left him upright for another two rounds of getting his face smashed open.

I love the Diaz bros for being tough, but this isn't the first time they've tanked a boss mob with their face

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love Nate, and shitty for it to stop because of a cut, but he pretty much got beat up for 3 rouns prior to stoppage. Maybe he turns it on late if Jorge's gas tank runs low, but that shit was 30-27 going to round 4 on any sane person's scorecard.

Of course after the previous split 30-27's on both sides split decisions, who the fuck knows anymore...that was some stupid shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dana actually supporting the doctor stoppage. I guess the vaseline helping hold it partially together concealed how bad the cut was to us non-medical folks, Dana said when he got a good look Nate's eyebrow was hanging down in front of his eye.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

lulz for contex, i guess MGM grand was showing UFC244 for the canelo fight and they didn't start until the main was over.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Great card. Not the least bit disappointed. I really thought Johnny Walker was going to be the guy to challenge Jones though. Looks like its Reyes or Corey Anderson now.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When the fuck did Masvidal become this elite fighter? It basically materialized out of nowhere. He has beaten a lot of great fighters in the UFC, Cerrone etc but his rise was startling.

ESPN has been running his backyard fight videos from way back, like no one ever knew who he was. The guy has almost 50 pro fights.

I'm happy for him though, his personality is great, and he is fucking people up.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When the fuck did Masvidal become this elite fighter? It basically materialized out of nowhere. He has beaten a lot of great fighters in the UFC, Cerrone etc but his rise was startling.

ESPN has been running his backyard fight videos from way back, like no one ever knew who he was. The guy has almost 50 pro fights.

I'm happy for him though, his personality is great, and he is fucking people up.
after 10 decisions in a row and many splits, he changed it up and started to sit down w/ his team and watch a lot of tape.

you notice w/ cowboy, he EATS those leg kicks that cowboy throws, but any body kicks, he catches and throws him off balance

for till, he knew he also watches a lot of tape, so Masvidal started to train up his overhand left, which he rarely used and Till wasn't prepared for

for Ben, all the tape he watched, Ben always starts out ducking down left to sniff balls.

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
As Nate was complaining about the stoppage and they showed the closeup of the cuts, I was telling my buddy that the two big crescent shaped cuts looked like they were going to connect at both ends and then asked him if that whole patch of skin would just fall off. Then as I'm reading sports news I see a medical doctor comment on it:

“The risk here goes beyond losing the eye—that’s certainly the main concern, and what everything is thinking of here. But, it’s not just that,” Sutterer said. “Based on just how deep and wide this cut is, it really could progress to a point where [Diaz’s] eyelid skin could kind of completely just fall forward.”

That would have been gnarly.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf