MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
d3a2698353b624c53935d6b2ef20984f.jpg

Goatface

Lanx Lanx slippin again with the fight cards :)
looks like could be good event prelims start at 5pm, main at 8pm both on espn+ again
not going to name any names, as last time i did that, think went 1 for 6 lol

=
in other news, looks like Stipe wants to box Tyson Fury over fighting DC again
Francis says he is up to fight Volkov or rematch Lewis
J Jones hinting Reyes fight could still happen this year
Adesanya vs Yoel might happen
Khabib saying April for next fight
Cejudo still talking shit more than about fights, seems like a lot of people want to see him stripped of the flyweight belt, but that would certainly just end the division

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx slippin again with the fight cards :)
looks like could be good event prelims start at 5pm, main at 8pm both on espn+ again
not going to name any names, as last time i did that, think went 1 for 6 lol

=
in other news, looks like Stipe wants to box Tyson Fury over fighting DC again
Francis says he is up to fight Volkov or rematch Lewis
J Jones hinting Reyes fight could still happen this year
Adesanya vs Yoel might happen
Khabib saying April for next fight
Cejudo still talking shit more than about fights, seems like a lot of people want to see him stripped of the flyweight belt, but that would certainly just end the division
that's b/c this card is stupid and now it's all about fat bitches.

here, these two bitches came in .7 overweight., since they both missed weight and fighting each other, no fine!!!

wthats the fucking point.

then the usual brasil bullshit

oh yea, the magical scale was off by the exact amount these two bitches needed!!!

then for 125, some bitch got popped for rhoids, then her replacement says she has headaches walking n shit, so then they had to find another replacement 7days out, and OF COURSE she misses weight, shes a 7day replacement, everyone should be thanking her she stepped up after 2 ppl popped for being retards... BUT NO, they still fine her 30%

and thats the exciting stuff all about fat bitches, main card is garbage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Quite the snorefest tonight. I was hoping either Jacare or Jan would be more aggressive but it being so close for a boring fight I guess I can see why they didn't want to push the pace. I wouldn't call that a great win for Jan. I would call it an expected debut for Jacare given his age and new weightclass. All of the fights tonight were meh.

Either way that was like 2 straight months of a UFC event every weekend. We get a break til December 7 now. I found out this week that UFC is coming to Raleigh, NC. I'm very excited about that as we have only had fights at Ft. Bragg and Charlotte so far. JDS vs. Blaydes will headline that one, with presumably Frankie Edgar as the co-main. Derek Brunson, NC native, will fit in there somehow. He won't get a top 10 guy like he's hoping for if he wants on this card.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He was 'basically' 0-3 in the UFC after going 19-0 in other organizations. I don't have much of a feeling about the dude one way or another, but it does tell you where the best talent in the world resides.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
With Askren retiring, it's hard to say he wasn't one of the best in the world even after his controversial win against Robbie. He was certainly on the decline. I had a feeling it would not go well when he and Burroughs had that exhibition wrestling match and you could see exactly how much slower he was than someone that was presumably on his level (and before you start I know Burroughs was the better wrestler). He looked equally as slow vs Masvidal as long as that lasted and just hadn't evolved by the time he fought Maia. I think it's a good decision for him to retire. It was intriguing while it lasted.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
After losing to Maia, this was his best move. Dude spent his prime dominating lesser-known organizations. He came out of retirement, old and clearly beat up, and did good things for the UFC and his own brand.

He can step away from the sport without regrets and built up enough street cred to be involved in talks about the UFC later on. We'll see if he ever cares to do anything, but he's a potential guy to be a force for change re: fighter pay, etc.

All said, Askren walks away from MMA without brain trauma and well-positioned to provide for his family for decades to come. Thanks, Funky.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
greg hardy lasted longer in the UFC than askren, and his last bought got him praise for "steppin it up" (filling in for JDS) and not doing terrible against a top 10 guy.

sad

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He can step away from the sport without regrets and built up enough street cred to be involved in talks about the UFC later on. We'll see if he ever cares to do anything, but he's a potential guy to be a force for change re: fighter pay, etc.

I don't see him being any more successful doing that than he was successful fighting in the UFC.

Dana is perfectly happy ignoring bigger names than Askren.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I don't see him being any more successful doing that than he was successful fighting in the UFC.

Dana is perfectly happy ignoring bigger names than Askren.

Which would play into Ben's hand. A lot of the talk about the fighter's union, etc. has been quiet lately. He's established his bona fides to be a thorn in the UFC's side.

Luckily for Dana, Ben has better, more lucrative, and more fulfilling things to do.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
He can step away from the sport without regrets and built up enough street cred to be involved in talks about the UFC later on.

Agreed, he is going to hold that UFC record for the fastest knockout for a long time, my money is on forever.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's almost certain she's dead at this point.

I really wish people would just confess once they're caught. The odds of getting off probably aren't all that good. At least make a deal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's almost certain she's dead at this point.

I really wish people would just confess once they're caught. The odds of getting off probably aren't all that good. At least make a deal.

i mean... if you get caught murdering someone, don't say shit and hope that they'll drop your sentence plea bargain so low, b/c they only want to find the body to let the family have some peace.