MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Refs need to have a stricter stance on holding out hands open.

Without a yellow card system the rules are gutless and anemic.

The most pawing and reaching for eyes with outstretched hands can get you is a "stern talking to".

Its never seen a point deduction or been treated as an intentional foul like nutshots can be.

This is begging for some rule reforms so refs can feel more comfortable taking appropriate action.

They don't seem to want to take a point away on the scorecards for it, but I would 100% bet if allowed and instructed they would happily issue a yellow card for a 2nd offense of not listening to the ref about out-stretched hands and pawing toward the eyes. Don't wait for the foul, issue the fucking warnings and if they don't obey the warnings issue the yellow card.

Because as of right now there is no ref thats taken a point for eye pokes. it doesn't seem to be a real thing even when the foul is committed with serious intent.

Unfortunately a ref reducing a purse due to in-ring performance in the USA is pretty much illegal according to the athletic commission and would require passing new policy and regs.

Goatface

surprise?
1576278250524.png

Only one fighter missed weight, and that’s recent former flyweight title challenger Jessica Eye. She gave two thumbs down at the scale, and for good reason, as she came in at 131 lbs for her bout vs. Viviane Araujo. Eye has been fined 30% of her purse but the fight will go on as scheduled, even with Jessica exceeding the non-title limit by five pounds.

===
aldo today vs 237 in may

1576278340357.png
1576278545395.png

UFC 245 Salaries:
Kamaru Usman: $500,000 (no win bonus)
Colby Covington: $500,000 (no win bonus)

Max Holloway: $350,000 (no win bonus)
Alexander Volkanovski: $250,000 (no win bonus)

Amanda Nunes: $350,000 ($100,000 win bonus)
Germaine de Randamie: $100,000 (no win bonus)

Marlon Moraes: $110,000 ($110,000 win bonus)
Jose Aldo: $400,000 ($50,000 win bonus)

Petr Yan: $66,000 ($66,000 win bonus)
Urijah Faber: $250,000 (no win bonus)

Mike Perry: $90,000 ($90,000 win bonus)
Geoff Neal: $31,000 ($31,000 win bonus)

Ketlen Vieira: $33,000 ($33,000 win bonus)
Irene Aldana: $40,000 ($40,000 win bonus)

Ian Heinisch: $25,000 ($25,000 win bonus)
Omari Akhmedov: $55,000 ($55,000 win bonus)

Matt Brown: $80,000 ($80,000 win bonus)
Ben Saunders: $35,000 ($35,000 win bonus)

Daniel Teymur: $18,000 ($18,000 win bonus)
Chase Hooper: $24,000 ($24,000 win bonus)

Brandon Moreno: $31,000 ($31,000 win bonus)
Kai Kara-France: $25,000 ($25,000 win bonus)

Jessica Eye: $48,000 ($48,000 win bonus, Eye fined $14,400 for missing weight)
Viviane Araujo: $45,000 ($45,000 win bonus)

Punahele Soriano: $10,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
Oskar Piechota: $20,000 ($20,000 win bonus)

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“Well, Marty’s been saying all these things that he’s more American than me,” Covington responded when asked the reasons behind his Trump gear on media day. “There’s nothing more American about him than me.

“Let’s be honest, my family served in the military. They shed blood for the red, white and blue. What’s his family ever served besides in the federal penitentiary?”

also earlier

idk, from Usmans POV which is obviously skewed, his dad was just unlucky dumb patsy

for reference

AngryGerbil AngryGerbil how does this fraud stack up to your sniff test?
At the core of the case against Mr. Usman, sits the issue of the fraudulent run sheets. As Usman’s ambulance companies didn’t operate as traditional emergency transports but rather transferred non-emergency dialysis patients to and from their weekly infusions, they were required to log “run sheets” for every trip.

A “run sheet” is a document filled out by an EMT that records the specifics of an ambulance ride for the purpose of billing later on: who was the patient, where they were picked up and dropped off, time of the trip, etc. The run sheets are then submitted to a contracted medical billing company, whose experts review the details of the trip and send a bill to Medicare (government-funded health insurance for those over 65) and Medicaid (government-funded health insurance for low-income individuals) on behalf of Royal Ambulance and First Choice EMS.

It was these medical billing companies that first expressed concern that the run sheets were ripe with false information: many run sheets evidenced “multiple loading,” a fraudulent practice where two patients ride in the same ambulance, but two run sheets are fabricated to show that there were two separate trips.

Others showed evidence of improper documentation, such as stating patients needed to be loaded into the ambulance when they actually climbed in autonomously, and claiming the patients needed a stretcher when they actually just sat in a chair.

Medicare will only pay for a non-emergency ambulance ride for a patient if other types of transport would place the patient at risk, so by lying about the patient’s medical condition on the run sheet, bad actors at First Choice EMS and Royal Ambulance were attempting to defraud the government.

Goatface

don't know about the multiple loading, but fudging the reason for the ambulance ride is normal-ish, at least here. isn't really a fraud thing, but get a old person that had some issue like bumping there head or dizzy spell that needs to be checked out and really don't want to tell them to jump in the car and drive themselves.

==
1576340097661.png

current odds
Tony Ferguson +180
Khabib Nurmagomedov -220

was looking at prop bets, was hoping to find odds for the fight happening, but nothing yet lol

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
“Well, Marty’s been saying all these things that he’s more American than me,” Covington responded when asked the reasons behind his Trump gear on media day. “There’s nothing more American about him than me.

“Let’s be honest, my family served in the military. They shed blood for the red, white and blue. What’s his family ever served besides in the federal penitentiary?”

also earlier

idk, from Usmans POV which is obviously skewed, his dad was just unlucky dumb patsy

for reference

AngryGerbil AngryGerbil how does this fraud stack up to your sniff test?

Medicare requires a Physician's Certification Statement (PCS) for payment of non-emergency transports. This is a form that explains why the patient must be transported and also why they must be transported by ambulance.

However, the EMTs or Medic also perform their own assessment. So if the PCS states that the patient is bed confined (and thus requires an ambulance) and then the EMT documents that the patient walked to the stretcher, then that claim will likely not be paid.

Of course falsifying medical records is fraud so we always tell our guys to do an honest assessment no matter what the PCS says. If the RN or MD wants to lie then that's on them, we won't do it.

There also exists a type of run (rarely used in my experience) called a 'Stretcher Van'. This vehicle looks like an ambulance but is not equipped like one. It is just the truck and the stretcher, no medical equipment. These are conceptually more like a wheelchair van than an actual ambulance.

In the past, Missouri did not require any medical personnel to be on a stretcher van, just two dudes who passed a background check. These days in my state they require at least one EMT and the other guy can be just anybody. However, this EMT does not actually operate as an EMT. I think the logic is that the EMT can more readily recognize a serious medical condition and know when the call needs to be upgraded to an ambulance.

The fact that a patient walked to the stretcher does not inherently mean that they didn't need an ambulance. That's only a problem if you lie about their mobility. If they need oxygen or an IV monitored or an ECG monitoring, they might still be able to walk a few steps to the ambulance and that can be legit.

Also I've loaded multiple patients many times before but these are always emergencies, usually car crashes. In those cases we do write a separate patient care report for each patient because the report isn't about the usage of the truck, it's about the medical care of the patient and each patient is a separate case, even if three of them are in your truck at the same time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Back in Hood River I became friends with the local cab guy from using him to get to/from shows bars and the like. He also had a Sprinter van with a wheelchair lift for taking patients around. He makes a killing with it, wanted me to go in on half of it with him. I regret that now.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else getting an error when trying to order the PPV?

Edit: Never mind, I got it to go.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking of having a friend over for this fight so I planned on ordering the PPV. But that probably won't work out, feels like a waste just ordering it for me. So I need to borrow a stream, any links?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I love Faber he is probably the reason I became a fan of MMA. I love his heart, but this is getting hard to watch. Fucking Warrior!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Faber is great, but he's just too old now to keep up with the younger contenders.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users