MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if the new talent is just too good these days. It's gonna shorten their window of how long they can stay competitive.

I'd suggest Synj Synj give them the 'ol butt-pellet therapy, but we've definitely seen that before.

Think about the guys who were on it and how badly they nosedived afterwards. Wasn't Bigfoot an example? Trying to think of some others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I wonder if the new talent is just too good these days. It's gonna shorten their window of how long they can stay competitive.

I think that's part of it. The new blood gets to cherry-pick the best training methods and athletic science without suffering the same physical and mental wear and tear as the older athletes. Also MMA is a larger sport now than 10 years ago and the selection bias is stronger for the new entrants. You're just going to keep seeing better, stronger, faster, smarter athletes who started training better, younger until the champions are in their athletic peak of 25 to maaaybe 30 and then they'll drop off hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah MMA is really turning into a young mans sport like all the others. It's been really fun to watch the transition. I mean the kid that won last night was going to celebrate his win my going to the m and m store to celebrate because he wasn't old enough to drink.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
And I dunno...maybe it was a little early, but Usman was sprawled on him and was just gonna light him up more. Colby was covering with his left and had his right behind Usman's knee, but I didn't see him doing much more than that. Was he technically defending? I mean...I guess?

A quick stoppage but not an early one. Colby was knocked down twice in a row and his body buckled both times. He instinctually turtled up and tucked his head towards Usman's crotch, but dude was covering up and getting his head pounded in.

Colby showed a lot of heart, but his body gave out on him there. Usman absolutely did the right thing by pouncing on him and not giving him a chance. The volume of those nasty headshots after a couple knockdowns was nasty, ref didn't want to watch that happen for any longer.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'd suggest Synj Synj give them the 'ol butt-pellet therapy, but we've definitely seen that before.

Think about the guys who were on it and how badly they nosedived afterwards. Wasn't Bigfoot an example? Trying to think of some others.

Every Brazilian ever. Really most of those older generation guys had a fall off when they had to come off the peds.

And yeah, it's just so hard to be a long-term champ. Especially when you face the best of the best repeatedly. Unlike boxing where you can take a year off and slow the game down and fight questionably sanctioned mandatories that don't belong. Also the style matchups in MMA are quite a bit wider. Champion turnover is always gonna be high.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That punch that separated Covingtons jaw from his skull was nasty. I'm not sure if Colby had his mouth open because he was fatigued, or maybe he was just reacting to the punch landed before that, but it was a bad time to not be clenching down on your mouthpiece.

He did show a lot of guts, but Usman is solid as fuck. I think he would beat Masvidal, too young too strong.( young in mileage more than age, Usman is still a young fighter in terms of fights. Masvidal is only 3 years older but has WAY more pro mileage.)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That punch that separated Covingtons jaw from his skull was nasty. I'm not sure if Colby had his mouth open because he was fatigued, or maybe he was just reacting to the punch landed before that, but it was a bad time to not be clenching down on your mouthpiece.

He did show a lot of guts, but Usman is solid as fuck. I think he would beat Masvidal, too young too strong.
I agree, I think Usman shits all over Masvidal. I really think Usman finishes Masvidal inside three rounds, but since the fight will supposedly happen I would love to be proven wrong by a great fight.

gak

<Gold Donor>

Horsemeat ?
horsemeat.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
The pace Usman and Colby had throughout the fight tells me Masvidal wouldn't be able to keep up. I don't know who would be able to keep up with that pace and not get slept. Shit was crazy.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Covingtons jaw being wired shut is pretty damn funny.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fractured jaw, and still complained that the stoppage was early.

And I dunno...maybe it was a little early, but Usman was sprawled on him and was just gonna light him up more. Colby was covering with his left and had his right behind Usman's knee, but I didn't see him doing much more than that. Was he technically defending? I mean...I guess?
1128485706.jpg.0.jpg

usada trying so hard to catch him
2848be0d4ac8b088031b7e31609eb522.png

is that a lot? here is how many times they tested the GOAT
e61b0889440de2611cdf130eb82faf4f.png

• 1Like

Goatface

is that a lot? here is how many times they tested the GOAT

think Yoel Romero won last year with 17

update on that list as of December 4, 2019
Sean O'Malley to 25
Chance Rencountre to 17
Jose Aldo to 16

all time UFC list as of December 4, 2019
Daniel Cormier– 53
Yoel Romero - 52
Holly Holm– 49
Jose Aldo– 49
Rafael dos Anjos– 47
Stipe Miocic– 45
Amanda Nunes– 44
Conor McGregor – 42
Jon Jones - 42
Robbie Lawler– 42
Tyron Woodley– 38

Goatface

Fly will be probably be gone before the end of next year

=

tomorrow's event starts at 5am est, i might be up in time to see that last 2 fights lol