MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Cowboy just took a dive? Shell shocked? The fuck happened?

Conor broke Cowboy's nose in the first five seconds with a shoulder-butt from the clinch, then head kicked him on the break and finished with punches. Cowboy didn't choke as much as Conor just fucked him up, hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My thought was more that he caught him with whatever he charged in with more than those goofy looking shoulder checks, cause Cowboy already seemed dazed at that point.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Initially, I thought Cowboy going into the clinch was genius. Going through my head was the opening of the Masvidal–Askren fight. Great fight IQ to avoid the obvious initial shot and go where he wanted.

Then Conor showed us all why he is still the most dangerous striker in the sport. Shoulder strikes and a perfect kick to finish Cowboy. He's more than a left hand.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
My thought was more that he caught him with whatever he charged in with more than those goofy looking shoulder checks, cause Cowboy already seemed dazed at that point.

His initial left completely whiffed as Cowboy ducked it. Quick clinch after that and the shoulder throws.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like that he didn't say shit about Masvidal or Usman after the fight, but instead calls out fucking Felder - lmao. Scared much?

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like that he didn't say shit about Masvidal or Usman after the fight, but instead calls out fucking Felder - lmao. Scared much?

Be surprised if he calls out anyone specifically too much. You know Conor, he'll wait to take the temperature of whatever he thinks will make the most money (and be a decent match up)

Jive Turkey

Karen
Cowboy just took a dive? Shell shocked? The fuck happened? (other than big fight Cowboy)

No, dude. You could see his nose break on the second shoulder strike. His face was a fucking mess at the end of the fight

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

No, dude. You could see his nose break on the second shoulder strike. He face was a fucking mess at the end of the fight

Yeah saw the replay of the head kick too on espn. That head snap. He caught it flush right on the jaw.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure cowboy realized his nose was broke until after the clinch. Kinda seemed like he took a slight hesitation when he realized it was broke and by then it was already to late to block the kick

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Be surprised if he calls out anyone specifically too much. You know Conor, he'll wait to take the temperature of whatever he thinks will make the most money (and be a decent match up)

I can't imagine that would be anyone other then Masvidal at this point. Conor vs Jorge would be a huge PPV.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I can't imagine that would be anyone other then Masvidal at this point. Conor vs Jorge would be a huge PPV.

I agree it would be huge money. Conor might think Masvidal is a bad match up, though. If he could get Khabib in Russia that might be bigger (although I don't think he should get that fight next).

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I bought proper 12 to try it out during the fight. Took one sip and next thing you know fight was over. Thanks cowboy. Threw the proper 12 out because it tasted like a shittier jack daniels and went back to jim Beam. Solid night.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One could argue that Cowboy never actually showed up for that fight, thus how could he have lost it?

• 1Worf

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't quiet get the whole Cowboy didn't show up angle. The second the fight started Conor ran across the ring and threw a huge left that missed which put them in the clinch that within seconds lead to those crazy shoulder strikes that busted Cowboys nose, they separated for a second then Cowboy threw a headkick which was blocked then Conor threw one that landed and that was the beginning of the end. There was never really any time for Cowboy to do anything. Just my 2 cents.

• 1Like

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
That escalated quickly. As much as I expected this outcome still expected more from Cerrone. Will see more from Connor's next fight...