MMA Thread

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I mean even if you're talking shit, if someone else throws the first punch and you retaliate, that's on them. Can't really get mad at Herrig for that.

Well except that Felcia Herring is a professional fighter and could seriously hurt someone that isn't trained to fight. Sounds like she baited the other person into the fight as well. People that have those types of skills should be held to higher standard then just being able to walk around and talk shit to people to goad them into a confrontation. There is some responsibility that goes along with that shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't feel like the legal aspect is up in the air, but if you're a fighter and you could kick the shit out of 98% of the randos you come across in normal life, you're looked at as a douche if you don't put in at least a half hearted effort at deescalation. That was kind of a douche move on her part.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

he needs to take a year off or retire
June UFC 238
Donald Cerrone: Suspended indefinitely; needs CT of facial bones and MRI of head for physician’s clearance.
Sept 14 Fight Night
Donald Cerrone: suspended 90 days with no contact and no competition.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana said at post-fight hes Chuck 2.0. He won't retire and will need to be retired.

He's not sure when hes going to retire him, but he sees the end is closer than Cowboy thinks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz, conor is catapulted to 3 unseats gaethje, beating a now 3x losing streak cowboy and he keeps his #5 position?
a3345e5dc3344a1409210ed2564c2aed.png

justin gaethje is like
8txrp.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

think odds are low that gaethje get conor, dana isn't happy that gaethje apparently turned down other fights, but some oddsmakers think he would be best match up for conor though.

1579726794565.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Dana said at post-fight hes Chuck 2.0. He won't retire and will need to be retired.

He's not sure when hes going to retire him, but he sees the end is closer than Cowboy thinks.

Dana is kind of a dick about this issue by weighing in during a press conference but he's not wrong. As guys hit the wrong side of 35 there's just no such thing as fully recovering from the kind of damage a fighter takes in a bad loss. I felt the difference in my own body in BJJ before I shredded my knees, and that's not even on the same scale as pro MMA.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that's total bullshit and everyone knows her dad is lying because everyone could plainly see the exact moment that her knee went bad and couldn't properly hold her weight anymore.

and frankly, all this 'respect for being a warrior' is kinda fucking stupid. Her corner should have thrown the towel in after the second round. She's 21 goddamn years old, she has a potentially long career ahead of her if she doesn't cripple herself trying to be tough. and I'd say that about a 21 year old dude fighting on a torn ACL too.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
feel good story, why whittaker pulled out of 248 and no one is gonna shit on his decision.

ppl were wondering why dana was on the verge of tears talking about whittaker pulling out
“When you talk about somebody whose priorities are in the right place, who is completely selfless and down to the core a good human being, that’s Robert Whittaker,"
"The reason Robert Whittaker is not fighting in this fight is one of the most unselfish things I’ve seen in my life.

“He’s a good man, he’s a good human being, and I have a lot of respect for him. Good luck to him in what he’s dealing with right now.

"What he's doing and how he's handling it, I have so much respect for him."

Captain Suave

What kind shit journalism is that? "Robert Whittaker has pulled out of his upcoming fight... the reason is truly heartwarming." Dude's baby daughter is sick enough to need a bone marrow transplant. The reasons for needing that are universally scary. Nothing heartwarming there.

Tough hand for him, his daughter, and his family. Hope it works out.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
My issue with this story is why are they making his decision to not fight something its not. Its his friggin daughter for petes sake. Doing what hes doing should be expected!

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Doing what hes doing should be expected!

Not taking anything away from Whittaker, but yes. Can you imagine if this were the other way around?

"Man's daughter will die without bone marrow transplant, but he refuses because it's inconvenient for his sports career."

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny, that got Michelle Williams a standing ovation at the golden globes.

relevant

1576988487810.png

it's a shame whittaker has had to spend so long out of the cage as well, aussies love him. each romero bout fucked him up for months, then the hernia, now this. poor guy can't catch a break, but he is still under 30 so still time to peak.

• 1Like

Goatface

i have been tested to be a donor 2-3 times and been in the "be the match" database for almost 20 years. all those years, never really worried about, but last year news had like 4 stories in quick succession of a guy dying and others getting messed up. then started reading other horror stories. now i am like 50/50 if i could go through with it.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Funny, that got Michelle Williams a standing ovation at the golden globes.

Why does she look like someone slapped a dress and a wig on the crypt keeper as she's walking to the stage?

More importantly, why do these fucking mooks have to continually act like women haven't been voting for their self interests since the moment they had the right to vote? I'm all for abortion, but the reality is that at least 50% of the population of *females* in the US doesn't agree with me. Stop pretending men are holding you down, dummy

Jive Turkey

Karen
In fact, look at this. By a small margin, men are MORE likely to support abortion in all cases than women. Get the fuck out of here with that shit

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 1.53.09 AM.png