MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why is cowboy responding?
[IMG]

like sure cowboy, you probably weren't paid to take a dive, but you sure as hell were paid to NOT take conor down.
[IMG]

like why give up on that takedown? conor was mid-air and didn't stop any hooks.

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
why is cowboy responding?
[IMG]

like sure cowboy, you probably weren't paid to take a dive, but you sure as hell were paid to NOT take conor down.
[IMG]

like why give up on that takedown? conor was mid-air and didn't stop any hooks.

I think the leg to the head rocked him, near the start of the gif.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
It definitely sent his body weight backwards which would hinder the takedown and throw off his balance and yeah, I would think it might have rattled him a bit, nothing crazy but enough where the takedown was out of the picture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
like why give up on that takedown?

He didn't give up, he just stopped when the attack was no longer available. Conor was sprawled hard mid-air. It's very difficult to keep a grip against a good sprawl in the best of circumstances, never mind when you're clashing bodies at a run and ducking a punch at the same time.

There's no need for conspiracy thinking here. Conor straight fucked Cowboy up. What we saw is consistent with both of their performance histories. You'll note there's no one with personal experience in combat sports calling foul.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He didn't give up, he just stopped when the attack was no longer available. Conor was sprawled hard mid-air. It's very difficult to keep a grip against a good sprawl in the best of circumstances, never mind when you're clashing bodies at a run and ducking a punch at the same time.

There's no need for conspiracy thinking here. Conor straight fucked Cowboy up. What we saw is consistent with both of their performance histories.
i mean watching that 40s beatdown, it just seams like cowboy is going at .75x, like he was always 2s away from a takedown or 2s away from checked headkick

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
i mean watching that 40s beatdown, it just seams like cowboy is going at .75x, like he was always 2s away from a takedown or 2s away from checked headkick

Break your nose and orbital with an angry irishman still trying to knock you out and see how on point you feel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Break your nose and orbital with an angry irishman still trying to knock you out and see how on point you feel.
it's that tuft of hair he's now fighting with, initially it gave him a bit of luck vs. perry and that tiny mexican but he just kept on getting beat down afterwards, bald cowboy is best cowboy