MMA Thread

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
i mean watching that 40s beatdown, it just seams like cowboy is going at .75x, like he was always 2s away from a takedown or 2s away from checked headkick

Jack Slack always comes down pretty hard on cowboy about that. Starts fights too slowly and has real problems dealing with early pressure.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
doesn't even look juiced

Most of these guys aren't taking androgens or whatever else make you gain bulk. They're taking compounds that stimulate recovery, letting them train more, harder, and through injury. In BJJ a world champion was busted for juicing and he was a 135 lbs dude who looks like a spider.

Last edited:

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Conor is getting winner of Tony vs. Khabib. A title fight against either of them is risky but a loss to Gaethje kinda jackknifes that whole thing. I really don't want want to watch the Diaz trilogy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Conor vs Tony could be interesting but I'm not seeing Tony getting the W against Khabib. I would much rather see Diaz 3 vs Khabib 2

Goatface

think it will be Daiz, even with dana saying winner of Tony/Khabib. Conor has been saying he wants to fight 3 times this year, Daiz would be another massive paycheck. waiting on winner of t/k could be long. If Khabib wins, would be at least Oct/Nov and if Tony wins could next year.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Light HeavyweightJon Jones (c)vs.Dominick Reyes
Women's FlyweightValentina Shevchenko (c)vs.Katlyn Chookagian
HeavyweightJuan Adamsvs.Justin Tafa
FeatherweightMirsad Bektićvs.Dan Ige
HeavyweightDerrick Lewisvs.Ilir Latifi
MiddleweightTrevin Gilesvs.Antonio Arroyo
WelterweightAlex Moronovs.Kalinn Williams
Women's FlyweightLauren Murphyvs.Andrea Lee

The goat fights some newb whose biggest win is KO a undersized weidman, while i'll take almost any bet, i'll never go against JJ and i doubt anyone wants like 1000000:1 odds of winning and it's unfair, ha. odds has jones coming in at -400 and he's obviously just cleaning out this horrible division, hopefully he's gonna just run through Reyes and on the mic he wants to challenge Stipe.

36c5242b268296882f68dfb2b44202c7.png

no idea who this choogaikan chick is her last 8 fights have been decision w/l's and somehow that earns her a titleshot against Valentina?

Fight to watch obviously has to be black beast against latifi

Goatface

hopefully he's gonna just run through Reyes and on the mic he wants to challenge Stipe.
for good or bad, think that is Team Stipe is wanting. JJ-Stipe is probably the best money fight they could book.
don't think that many really want DC-Stipe3.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Everything out of Jones' mouth sounds like something you'd get from the Hallmark Greeting Cards edition of the Bible.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Look I've been an MMA fan for a long long time.... I am not gonna buy a ticket to this event here in Houston.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

A few months ago nobody knew the name of the Chinese girl Weili,” Shevchenko told MMA Fighting. “I don’t know what number she was but because of lucky circumstances she became champion but she still has to prove that she is in the right place and she’s there because no one is better than her. Because my opinion, she still has Joanna, she’s a very hard test for her. She has Rose and she’s also a very hard test for her and she has Tatiana Suarez. So before she proves that she’s better than them, I think it’s not right to jump over the stairs. It’s not right.

sounds pretty salty for a chick that had to step down a weight class in a division with zero competition and is defending against a girl whose been in the ufc for 4 years but no one knows who she is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
long ass read if you care

Ronda Rousey’s September 2015 contract (Ex. 99) compensated her $3 million total (to show with no win) “if defending or challenging for a UFC belt and $500,000 if not challenging for UFC title.” It also “provided that she would receive $1 for every PPV buy between 200,000 buys and 400,000 buys; $2 for every PPV buy between 400,000 buys and 600,000 buys; $3 for every PPV buy between 600,000 buys and 900,000 buys; and $4 for every PPV buy over 900,000 buys.”

Roy Nelson’s last contract paid a different amount for his show compensation from his win compensation, with only his bout show compensation rising with each win. (50/50, 75/50, 100/50, 125/50, 150/50, 175/50, 200/50). He apparently ended the contract at $100,000 to show and $50,000 to win. Nelson was to also receive a separate LOA payment after each bout.

Gegard Mousasi’s contract was the inverse of Nelson’s, with his to show compensation remaining the same, but his win compensation rising with each victory. (75/20, 75/25, 75/30, 75/35, 75/40, 75/45, 75/50, 75/55).

Quinton Jackson’s 2014 contract indicated he was to receive PPV payments if he is a defending champion, if he is the main event, or if his first bout is UFC 186. He also had a $300,000 LOA for signing his first Bout Agreement and an additional $515,000 for completing his first Bout; $750,000 for Bouts two, three, and four; and Zuffa will “locate and purchase” for Rampage a new “Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat” vehicle. (Jackson ended up only fighting once under this agreement, returning to Bellator as part of a settlement.)

Gilbert Melendez and Alistair Overeem’s also received PPV points when challenging or defending a UFC belt, while Urijah Faber received PPV payments as a defending champion or if he was challenging TJ Dillashaw or Dominick Cruz for the Bantamweight belt. CM Punk was to receive PPV payments for first bout (which ended up being at UFC 203).

An unnamed fighter at UFC 141 received a LOA payment in lieu of PPV payment. “The parties have specifically agreed that in exchange for increasing Fighter’s total compensation including Bout Agreement compensation from $2,750,000 to $3,000,000, Fighter will not be eligible for or entitled to any PPV for the UFC 141 Bout.” (The obvious guess for this fighter’s identity would be Brock Lesnar.)

In addition to receiving a $50,000 POTN bonuses at UFC 189 (7/11/2015), Conor McGregor also received a $2.11 million discretionary bonus.

Holly Holm apparently had a unique clause in her contract regarding incidental compensation, that also had a rather specific stipulation regarding any fight with Ronda Rousey: “For every non-championship bout, Holly Holm received 2 rooms, 2 economy class flights, $50 per diem for 2 people, 6 tickets to each Bout (within 10 rows of the Octagon if main event), two Bout tickets for her manager within the first 4 rows, two credentials, and the opportunity to pre-sale order 100 tickets to every bout (1,000 tickets if opponent is Rousey).”

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
everyone is making fun of reyes

he gets on a stationary bike and says no one wants it more than me, i peddle for 45minutes!!!

i'mma watch the game, i think the 49'ers are gonna take it!!!

this kid is full of lulz

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user