MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There have been quite a few refs who have been fired by the UFC. Can’t remember that one Asian ref who called a fight after a bunch of punches were blocked. But he was called out by Rogan and canned after that. Same shit gonna happen here.
Yamasaki was NOT fired, he was put on blast by dana and he's doing other stuff now

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There's part of a rant from Dana White himself lamenting the fact that he couldn't keep Mazzagatti out of the octagon. What the fuck is so hard to understand?

Was mazzagatti one of the people you named in the post I responded to. Because

A. If he was then you gave incorrect info
B. If he wasnt then you're talking about different shit. Mazzagatti just hasn't been fired yet. Theres obviously a process.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
If the UFC had the ability to influence the selection of refs and judges for their fights, it would be one of the most epic corruption scandals in the history of professional sports. Use your brain.

I’m sorry that you suffered a brain injury, but that makes no excuse for your incapable thinking. Corruption....because having a MMA promotion fielding the refs for their events is worse than having a broad sporting commission fielding refs untrained in MMA rules? Yea that’s it..... maybe you should remove your drool mask and let the drool ruin your keyboard so you don’t make asinine comments like that again.

I’m sure that if I bothered to look deeper, I could find plenty of refs who are no longer allowed to ref MMA fights because they fucked up and got fired by the MMA agency at the event. I only looked at the first page of google. Which is sorted by the most recent/highest relevance.

Mario even enrolled into Big Johns MMA reffing class. And was failed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
some of you guys are maybe confusing boxing and mma. As far as i know, the states athletic commission books and pays refs, which is why boxing is considered shady b/c the promotion (ex, mayweather promotions) books and pays the refs.

i'm sure while dana has no say in the matter, he can and does complain and of course the state athletic commission will try to be favorable to the UFC cuz an event means money... i.e. they know danas preferences so they can maybe not book Yamasaki.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
so they can maybe not book Yamasaki.

Yamasaki acknowledged he fucked up the Shevchenko fight and stopped reffing for a while afterwards. Dana's desperate ass-covering rant had nothing to do with it. And while Yamasaki should have stopped the fight way sooner, a large share of the blame can also be placed on the UFC for matching the #1 bantamweight against an unranked nobody at flyweight in the first place, and another large share of the blame can presumably be placed on Cachoeira's corner for not stopping the fight either.

But if Yamasaki had decided to keep working, nothing Dana said would have kept him out of UFC events.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The only thing that Dana can do is put in something along the lines of a "Will not work with list" with whichever state athletic commission. The state will oblige 99.999% of the time.

Also, the refs/judges themselves can turn down the job. I am sure both Mazagatti and Yamasaki do not want to be put on blast again publicly and avoid anything to do with the UFC ever again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The state will oblige 99.999% of the time.

There is no chance this is true. If there was any such list, Mazzagatti would have been put on it ages ago. Like back in 2008 when he gave Ken Burns the eye-poke win over Anthony Johnson. Instead Mazzagatti was still reffing UFC fights all the way through 2013. Presumably he stopped applying for UFC fights at that point because he didn't stop reffing until after the legendary WSOF Palhares/Shields fight in 2015 when he either finally got shitcanned or realized he was an incompetent shmuck.

Yamasaki has been a major fuckup for ages too, dating at least as far back back as when he missed the super obvious groin shot from Frank Trigg against Matt Hughes in 2005. If the UFC had the ability to blacklist refs, they wouldn't allow them to keep fucking up for years before doing so.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
248!!!
MiddleweightIsrael Adesanya (c)vs.Yoel Romero
Women's StrawweightZhang Weili (c)vs.Joanna Jędrzejczyk
LightweightBeneil Dariushvs.Drakkar Klose
WelterweightNeil Magnyvs.Li Jingliang
WelterweightAlex Oliveiravs.Max Griffin

fuck yes an exciting main and co-main.

i'm going for zhang, JJ is not even caring, too busy taking fashion photos

while zhang is training everyday for no reason

i really want to say yoel, but he's been on the decline, missing weight and is old while israel is a young undefeated champ...

but still if anyone wants it, i'm siding with zhang and yoel

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No way Adesanya loses. I think he will fight a smart fight and not take too many chances. He will frustrate Romero and try to tire him out and pour it on late.

Romero is a slow starter himself though, and tends to do well as the fight gets to the later stages so who knows what strategy Adesnya will go for. I just cant see him knocking Yoel out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No way Adesanya loses. I think he will fight a smart fight and not take too many chances. He will frustrate Romero and try to tire him out and pour it on late.

Romero is a slow starter himself though, and tends to do well as the fight gets to the later stages so who knows what strategy Adesnya will go for. I just cant see him knocking Yoel out.
imo it's b/c of back to back 5 round matches with yoel that whittaker eventually lost to adesanya.

gay jesus stole some of that soul.

Goatface

i am going with Yoel and Zhang

=
so Henry is still talking stupid trash
1583173092348.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
she sounds like a mental case

I mean Andrade could have straight up killed her with that slam, I'd probably have a bad case of nerves after a loss like that too. Especially after already having previously had a C6 fracture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user