MMA Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This is shit, if the lady's hadn't put on a show I'd want my money back if I paid for tickets/PPV

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fight (after the first round) was fine. Yoel knows he doesn't have the gas tank to keep a high pace going, and Adesanya was justifiably scared of his power.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yoel tagged him enough with the hands, but Stylebender with the more consistent and damaging leg kicks in round 5.

Like I said earlier, wouldn't be surprised to see one judge with 49-46 for Romero and still have a split for Israel staying champ.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean, it wasn't particularly exciting, but it's a dude with a kickboxing background leg kicking the stronger dangerous dude. That's smart even if some people don't like it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I get why it was fought that way, but dear God. That was painful.

At least we got to see Joanna morph into Worf.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm pretty sure there were more "fucks" in that post fight, than strikes than that negreanu just said/gave.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I get why it was fought that way, but dear God. That was painful.

At least we got to see Joanna morph into Worf.
I mean I totally get why casual fight fans would hate it, but watching those continuous leg kicks was pretty impressive.

Chick fight was a fucking war for sure though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I guess when you get a hall of fame fight you need a hall of shame one right after

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A better question is why the fuck a 42 year old man coming off two losses was handed a title fight in the first place. I guess Paulo Costa (Romero's previous loss and the guy who was jawing with him outside the cage) had surgery that prevented him from taking the fight and Romero was the only other name that Adesanya hadn't already recently beaten.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
A better question is why the fuck a 42 year old man coming off two losses was handed a title fight in the first place. I guess Paulo Costa (Romero's previous loss and the guy who was jawing with him outside the cage) had surgery that prevented him from taking the fight and Romero was the only other name that Adesanya hadn't already recently beaten.

He's the #3 ranked contender.

Considering Stylebender just beat the #1 contender & former Champ, the #2 guy is injured, the #3 ranked guy is as high ranked an opponent we were going to see.

The rest of the top 5, for what it's worth, is made up of a #4 guy who's lost 2 of his last 5 in Cannonier and a #5 Fat Darren Till who never amounted to much at 170 and is still feeling out the division.

185 isn't deep. The guys at the top are absolute studs, but there's a chasm between them and everyone else.