MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Super bummed out because I just had to cancel my UFC Party Tonight. My oldest is showing signs of a cold (Washington St and all etc) we had to be responsible and not expose 3 other families. I doubt it is Corona, shit it might just be allergies but we play these things safe. Really sucks I was so excited to drink whiskey and watch fights with a few bros.
Rip bro. RIP.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for the fights. I think we just saw the best women's MMA fight of all time.

The men's title fight wasn't much better than Woodley v Thompson 2017. If you want the belt, go take it from the champ. Don't dance around and hold your hand up after the 5th bell sounds. Fuck that shit. Both fighters just got down-graded in my mind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Both fighters just got down-graded in my mind.

I mean Adesanya didn't look great, but Romero is a hulking monster and it's nothing short of miraculous that he actually made weight for once. That first round was shameful but he mostly fought Romero the way he needed to.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, not sure what people wanted him to do. Slug it out with Romero? Those leg kicks did work. Romero not engaging was somewhat on himself, but a lot of it was getting caught by those kicks too.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
f545c76b7bf2cd16e63d0e4bfca5c553.png

bajoran pollock

zhang predicted this

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yo wtf, look at this slow mo and you can literally see the liquid in jj's head swoosh back and forth

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's traditional for me to face palm at a few comments in my event post-mortem but holy shit Gavinmad Gavinmad you should probably change your name to Sal D if you think Joanna won 50-45.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow JJ looked like an alien after the fight. She got punched in her forehead so many fucking times she got her shit rearranged.

Was an amazing fight though, JJ proved she belonged in ANOTHER title fight. She might even deserve another.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tony Ferguson might be the biggest douche in MMA history.

ALMOST makes me root for the muslim.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to go watch the press conference. One of the most cringe things I have ever seen. Tony is mentally handicapped.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LightweightKevin Leevs.Charles Oliveira
WelterweightDemian Maiavs.Gilbert Burns
LightweightRenato Moicanovs.Damir Hadžović
Light HeavyweightJohnny Walkervs.Nikita Krylov
LightweightFrancisco Trinaldovs.John Makdessi
WelterweightElizeu Zaleski dos Santosvs.Alexey Kunchenko
FlyweightJussier Formigavs.Brandon Moreno
BantamweightRani Yahyavs.Enrique Barzola