MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What I mean is the eye will "clear up" and not be a problem as soon as Jon Jones puts ink down on paper.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
...has a problem with an eye injury, but he should duck DC to fight the only fighter in the UFC who is MORE notorious for eye pokes?

He's reformed. Jones hasn't poked anyone in quite a while. The refs specifically enforced on him the rules. With face to face time outside of the Octagon. After the media started to ask questions that applied a lot of pressure.

D.C. slipped through the cracks and is actively doing it.

Also, Jones pokes are well-known. He's subject to scrutiny and referee awareness on the issue. Whereas D.C. is not subject to any more scrutiny than any fighter would normally get for jabbing with fingers, which is about 0. Not to mention the risk of a loss to D.C. the fact he permanently damaged his eye is extra salt and even more reason to avoid a rematch.

Whos eyes were permanently damaged by Jon Jones? Doesn't seem like there are any victims. You take the Jones fight.

I'd further argue the style of Jones eye pokes are less invasive than what D.C. does. Jones is more known for pawing/raking, and D.C. goes for deliberate jabbing which is really dangerous. The fact he permanently damaged someone is evidence of that difference.

Last edited:

Goatface

Gov of Ohio
1583888365647.png

still 2+ weeks away
1583888455536.png

didn't see anything about UK's actions, but sure this has a chance to be affected too
1583888582699.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
giphy.gif

Israel Adesanya: Must have x-ray of both feet. If positive, must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until 9/4/20. Minimum suspension until 4/7/20 with no contact until 3/29/20.
Yoel Romero: thank you gay jesus!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Woodley: “Funny how no one got into Rogan’s ear piece, and let him know he broke the record for least amount of strikes thrown in a title fight. No sh*tting on their prime donna. Just excuses and exceptions. How convenient.”

he's got a point, everyone is hating on yoel for not engaging (ufc), israel was complicit as well, even tho woodley is all butthurt about being boring.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so orega is just looking like a retard, also remember he's a retard gracie student

now both dipshits have to issue apologies

imo, they're praying the musician drops the assault charge

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is so fucking stupid. How could anyone have beef with the Zombie or his translator? None of this shit makes actual sense.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Ortega is basically a surrogate Gracie. Gracies have been ego-driven thugs since the beginning. I say this as a guy with 10 years in the BJJ community whose first teacher spent decades with Royce, Rickson, and Rolls.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Goatface

Cuomo declined to say how long the ban would last. He said it would be evaluated daily.

=

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“My whole face is bruised but … there’s no more swelling on my head,” Jedrzejczyk said. “It’s more on my face, and like my neck. It’s going down, but it’s much better.”

“I scheduled surgery in Poland with the best plastic surgeon, so it’s all good. On Monday, I’ll have a small medical procedure on my ear and the swelling will go down and I will be ready to rock and roll.”

jesus fuck

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

UFC on ESPN+ 28 Weigh-in Results

Main Card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
  • Main Event: Kevin Lee (158.5)* vs Charles Oliveira (156)
  • Co-Main Event: Demian Maia (170.5) vs Gilbert Burns (170.5)
  • Renato Moicano (155.5) vs Damir Hadzovic (155)
  • Johnny Walker (206) vs Nikita Krylov (206)
  • Francisco Trinaldo (156) vs John Makdessi (155)
Prelims (3 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
  • Jussier Formiga (126) vs Brandon Moreno (126)
  • Amanda Ribas (115.5) vs Randa Markos (116)
  • Elizeu Dos Santos (171) vs Aleksei Kunchenko (170)
  • Rani Yahya (136) vs Enrique Barzola (136)
  • Mayra Bueno Silva (126) vs Maryna Moroz (126)
  • Bruno Silva (125.5) vs David Dvorak (126)
  • Veronica Macedo (135.5) vs Bea Malecki (136)

*Kevin Lee missed weight, but the fight is expected to proceed

Jive Turkey

Karen

he's got a point, everyone is hating on yoel for not engaging (ufc), israel was complicit as well, even tho woodley is all butthurt about being boring.

I honestly believe the onus is on the challenger. They're the ones saying "i'm coming to get the belt". The champion is already on top of the hill and will remain there until someone comes to knock them off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

if they do hold fights in the apex center, the ring will look like a nascar driver.

didn't realize it was an early event today
Prelims 3:00 PM EDT ESPN & ESPN+
Main Card 6:00 PM EDT ESPN & ESPN+

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“My whole face is bruised but … there’s no more swelling on my head,” Jedrzejczyk said. “It’s more on my face, and like my neck. It’s going down, but it’s much better.”

“I scheduled surgery in Poland with the best plastic surgeon, so it’s all good. On Monday, I’ll have a small medical procedure on my ear and the swelling will go down and I will be ready to rock and roll.”

jesus fuck
JJ looks like a goblin and retards think she did enough to win, while Weili is chillin eatin popeyes

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
if they do hold fights in the apex center, the ring will look like a nascar driver.

didn't realize it was an early event today
Prelims 3:00 PM EDT ESPN & ESPN+
Main Card 6:00 PM EDT ESPN & ESPN+

Just a reminder this is on now.

EDIT: Also feels like a TUF Episode but, with an announcer and no crowd.

Last edited: