MMA Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh man... That could go either way. Alexander definitely did more "damage" the last 3 rounds, and finished very strong.

I'll take a 3rd, please.

edit: Damn tough for Max there - If there was ever a "Draw" that was it. Was really looking for Max to finish that fight better, definitely a "Tale of Two Fights".

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hard to argue for a third immediate go when one guy is 2-0.

Not sure Max lost that one, but Volkanovski only needed 2 people in the world to think he won that third round. He fought well, but he was fortunate, too.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had a feeling some judges might be able to convince themselves that 3rd could go the other way if champ finished strong. Rough decision I think.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
0-2 definitely doesn't tell the whole story for Max, but yeah tough for him. Hope he can get another shot and reclaim it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No. Rounds are scored individually. It's like boxing. Each round is scored 100% independently.
Allegedly, but like boxing, human judges often weigh later rounds differently than earlier rounds. Only way I can see max losing that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Max won. Wtf is this shit?

Yet another case of judges giving too much credit for a guy "doing better" than he did in the previous rounds. Sure, it's great you weren't getting completely dominated as much...doesn't mean you won the round.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Masvidal on 6 days is gonna be such an uphill battle. Keep throwing bombs, see if you hit the grand slam.