MMA Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jorge out there looking like I got paid to take this on 6 days so I'll just let him lean on me.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These fucking smother fighters are boring as fuck.

Its basically a Pyrrhic victory. Yea, you won. Yup, you're the champ! Yay.

Who gives a fuck. Its boring as fuck and its not in any way a spectacle for the fans. I get that he is capable of knocking guys out, and he beat the fuck out of Covington, but that safety first shit is garbage.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Wrestlefuckers are bad for the sport. No one wants to pay to watch what Usman is selling.

Jorge, in the few moments he wasn't being controlled, gave us more entertainment in Usman offered in the full 25 minutes.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly really impressed Masvidal lasted there. Was some really good ground and cage defense on 6 days notice.

• 2Solidarity

Jozu

Masvidal takes no real loss here IMO. He wont lose respect, he will just lose momentum. His last 3 fights were fights you wont forget for a while, he is just fun to watch. This wrestle rape shit needs to die. THey should break guys up if there is no real offense happening. Simply controlling a guy shouldnt be allowed for minutes at a time.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Probably should have went harder in 1 and 2 before the gas tank runs out and you get smothered on the fence.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Masvidal takes no real loss here IMO. He wont lose respect, he will just lose momentum. His last 3 fights were fights you wont forget for a while, he is just fun to watch. This wrestle rape shit needs to die. THey should break guys up if there is no real offense happening. Simply controlling a guy shouldnt be allowed for minutes at a time.

To be fair, Usman is active generally and there was never a time in this fight I thought they're just hugging it out waiting for the ref.

I posted about wrestlefuckers atop the rankings a year or two ago. The current ruleset favors grappling over striking. BJJ alone hasn't been too effective for awhile now, but there's very little counter to a good wrastler.

If you thought this fight was bad, don't buy the DC fight. Especially in that small Octagon, it's going to be a mess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Usman isn't completely useless as an entertainer, as we saw in the Covington fight. The spooky Nigerian shtick, his physical style and Greek God physique make him somewhat marketable, but other than that?

He is well spoken but not convincing or humorous. Kind of stale personality. His actual presence as a fighter is impressive, but we pretty much know anytime he is in any kind of danger he is not going for broke, he is going to do the opposite and just hug control.

Dana should put guys on the shelf who do that homosexual shit.

Masvidal was on 6 days notice. Usman wouldn't have done that. Takes no risk.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yet another case of judges giving too much credit for a guy "doing better" than he did in the previous rounds. Sure, it's great you weren't getting completely dominated as much...doesn't mean you won the round.
time stampped

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
So after the first round, Usman decided to no longer stand and fight Masvidal. Usman did nearly 5 rounds on his feet with Covington. My takeaway, Masvidal hits way harder than Covington, and Usman knew he’d get knocked out if he played the stand up game. Grappler bitch runs his mouth, can’t take a real punch.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So after the first round, Usman decided to no longer stand and fight Masvidal. Usman did nearly 5 rounds on his feet with Covington. My takeaway, Masvidal hits way harder than Covington, and Usman knew he’d get knocked out if he played the stand up game. Grappler bitch runs his mouth, can’t take a real punch.
when two high level wrestlers fight, it becomes a shitty standup match, they never wrestle

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user