MMA Thread

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think rashad is done as a top 5 light heavy. getting donated by "lay and pray bader" standing for 3 rounds.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pls big Rashad vs Rampage 2. both guys are beyond their peak but would be a fun fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I can't see Rashad really competing with the top competition of the LHW division anymore.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What was that guy bitching about?

And holy shit at this fight! What a fantastic 3rd round

Arakkis

N00b
That was an amazing fight, and not at all the way I saw it going. I mean, who thought Gus would get 2 takedowns and DC would walk him down the entire fight?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats a fight! I think DC deserves the narrow win but I would not have been sad if Gus took it..

Damn, gotta suck to lose two super close decisions vs the 2 best LHW of all time. GG Gus, dude is a beast and would be HW champion at any other point in UFC history.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Assuming it's DC vs JBJ for the tittle next. Does anyone wanna see Gus vs Rumble 2 for the next title shot? I think if gus can avoid getting bombed in the first round he can easily win that.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Assuming it's DC vs JBJ for the tittle next. Does anyone wanna see Gus vs Rumble 2 for the next title shot? I think if gus can avoid getting bombed in the first round he can easily win that.
I was thinking along those same lines. Obviously Rumble hits like a fucking truck, because Gus has clearly shown he can take some serious damage (just look at this fight and his fight against Jones) but Rumble put him down pretty quick. However, Rumble also starts to wear out pretty quick after round 1, so if Gus can keep him at by for a bit I think he would start to pick Rumble apart.

As much of an ass as Jones is, I really hope he has his shit together and will come back to fight in early-mid 2016. Dude is way too much of a talent to not be fighting. I would be very curious to see if he can handle DC the same way as the first fight after such a long layoff.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Sage seems like the kind of kid GSP got out of MMA for. That standing front flip was fucking bonkers. Bader surprised me tonight. Didn't see him picking apart Evans like that. DC and Gus went about the same way that I thought it would. I still don't think DC will be much of a challenge for Jones when he returns.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone had the fight that close? I felt like DC took it fairly clearly. I especially liked in the 3rd when he realized Gus couldn't hurt him on the feet and just started walking through whatever he could muster.

I thought we, the MMA community, decided not to reward takedowns that accomplished nothing offensively. But here we are with people sucking Gus' dick for a couple worthless takedowns.

In general I loved the fight. And it really felt like Gus could have taken it if he'd been better prepared to keep his distance. He'd land some awesome funky punches from crazy angles, then just fall back in to generic MMA striking distance and get his shit pushed in. I think he was scared of the takedown, but come the 4th and 5th rounds he should have known better and started using real distance attacks. Push kicks etc.

DC beat him up.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I think that last KO has him shook so bad that he's afraid to be aggressive against any top 5 competition. I think he put everything into the JJ fight and will simply never look the same again.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Great fight, had Gus winning rounds 2-4. Cormier was winning round 3 with the uppercuts, but was absolutely flattened with that knee, left hook-right hand. Also took down DC 2-1 which was surprising. Either way fantastic fight, both were winners. Not a surprising performance by any means from Gus. People slept on him after he got caught by Rumble.

Would MUCH rather watch Gus in a rematch with Jones. I believe DC is a better all-around fighter, more adaptive to a multitude of styles, but I don't think he does any one thing well enough to really, really challenge Jones. Gus on the other hand has an interesting reach and boxing match up.