MMA Thread

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Pretty interesting comments on the FS1 aftershow. Connor says he will fight anybody that is interesting, including maybe Edgar at 145. Then Dana comes on and says that Connor's coach said this would be his last fight at 145 because it was so hard to make weight. Dana then says Connor would get immediate title shot at 155 at winner of Cerrone/Dos Anjos. Would be pretty crazy for a brand new champion to immediately drop his belt and move up to fight for another weight class title in their next fight.
I still think Connor probably stays at 145 for at least 1 or 2 more fights, but will be interesting regardless.

Fedor

<Banned>
rk6r8p1.jpg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
How is it that every big fight lately ends in spectacular dramatic fashion. Seriously its getting old in a very weird way.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Conor said if he does jump up to 155 for a title shot he will not vacate his 145 belt. Said he is too active to vacate he will be a dual weight champ.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm still stunned about that fight. I bet on Conor to win but I never would have believed Aldo would get laid out in the first 13 fucking seconds. Godamn. Why why why? Weidman looked so small tonight, I don't know if it was his diet or what but he looked tiny in the shoulders. Was still leading that fight before the most retarded spinning heel kick in UFC history. That fight should have been stopped in the last 15 secs of that round. He was getting destroyed. What an emotional rollercoaster tonight. Reminded me of why I love the sport so much.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Rewatching Rockhold vs. Weidman and I have never seen Rockhold fight so big. Like someone said earlier, Weidman just looked small...but I think it's because Rockhold was just putting heat on everything that he threw. Crazy.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Weidman definitely looked way softer than Rockhold when they both first walked into the cage. I wish his dad didn't take the mic after the loss, that shit will be memed and haunt Chris.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Would've liked to see a bit more from the fight. It's worth it however to see a guy talk the most epic amount of shit for a year and not only back it up but exceed even his own crazy predictions with a 12 second knock out. I mean, fuck, nothing he said the entire year was wrong.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Connor was really fuckin cool in his post fight interviews. Confident yet alot more respectful and downright cool. love the dude

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hey apparently a fight was on last night?

Was super shocked before the fight to see Vegas swing in favor of Aldo. It's easy to say in hindsight but I thought Aldo was gonna get knocked out in 1, peppered with shots and get ground & pound. Especially after seeing the success a raw punching Mendes had against Aldo in the 2nd fight. But that was shocking. Like Jones before him McGregor just represents a dramatically better level of "world class" athlete, no disrespect to Aldo but some of these future imports will just get dramatically better and better as the sport draws in better athletes. Reason why Aldo folded so badly there: 1) He's dry 2) He left his chin up 3) Closed his eyes while winging his combo. That punch McGregor threw was just a simple check left hook/jab. He will wreck Aldo again even if they ever did rematch. Aldo was extremely stiff.

Ps. Thought Chris fought a stupid fucking fight. Have success to the body, even hurting Rockhold in the 2nd & then wheel kick which you never do? What the fuck was that shit.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mabe its because I was in sour mood from the weidman fight but Aldo should not had went out like that. I can only imagine the fans building him up

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey apparently a fight was on last night?

Was super shocked before the fight to see Vegas swing in favor of Aldo. It's easy to say in hindsight but I thought Aldo was gonna get knocked out in 1, peppered with shots and get ground & pound. Especially after seeing the success a raw punching Mendes had against Aldo in the 2nd fight. But that was shocking.Like Jones before him McGregor just represents a dramatically better level of "world class" athlete, no disrespect to Aldo but some of these future imports will just get dramatically better and better as the sport draws in better athletes. Reason why Aldo folded so badly there: 1) He's dry 2) He left his chin up 3) Closed his eyes while winging his combo. That punch McGregor threw was just a simple check left hook/jab.He will wreck Aldo again even if they ever did rematch. Aldo was extremely stiff.
rofl