MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's jon jones eyepokes, and then there's the Next Level with this guy, holy shit he's an amazing cheater.

Santiago "Pokinibbio"

One of those things where in the Colosseum some executioner would come out to right this injustice.

Gained a lot of respect for Jon Jones explanation on his pokes and his situation in general-- he gains plausible deniability. This shitbag set a new bar. Travis Browne, step aside.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Link to the JJ fingerfacebanging explanation please.

I watched the Bellator event at 4x speed. Didn't feel like I missed much. Main event I went normal and back to start when it looked good.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Link to the JJ fingerfacebanging explanation please.

I watched the Bellator event at 4x speed. Didn't feel like I missed much. Main event I went normal and back to start when it looked good.

I'd be really interested to hearing/seeing his explanation for consistently keeping his hands open and in his opponent's face that doesn't involve intentionally eye-poking within the rules of the UFC. Especially after multiple warnings and penalties because of it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't locate it offhand it was at a promo and was a guerilla question.

Just steroid press-conference type BS, not missing much. Something to do with range and distance finding in high level striking and if you watch striking at the elite level both guys are trying to keep track. I guess its true when you watch elite strikers at the higher weight classes there is a whole lot of reaching at 205+ and up. Gus does a similar hand motion. The game seems to change when both guys are packing knockdown power.

Re: Browne. Instead of losing his cool, and unilaterally deciding the press conference was over with bullying, he could have said that he never advanced on Mitrione with his hand open. I watched that fight again and Mitrione does look pretty fucking stupid repeatedly sprinting his eyeball into the hand. You can say "well Browne's hand is open he knows what hes doing". But as mentioned that is not against the rules. Browne doesn't seem to ever extend an inch or advance on Mitrione even once.

I was pretty impressed with Browne's ability to not act aggressively with his hand while someone with KO power is charging him H1Z1 zombie style. Fuck Mitrione for repeatedly poking himself, right.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd be really interested to hearing/seeing his explanation for consistently keeping his hands open and in his opponent's face that doesn't involve intentionally eye-poking within the rules of the UFC. Especially after multiple warnings and penalties because of it.
"I went there to knock him out and thank God it went as expected, I won by knockout,” Ponzinibbio said. "If (the eye poke) happened, of course it wasn’t intentional, but I watched the video again and didn’t see it. I don’t know. But it was a knockout with the right hand that I landed on him. The right hand hurt him and I finished with a precise jab."

"It doesn’t take anything away from the win,” Ponzinibbio said. "What he says doesn’t change anything. There’s a referee inside the Octagon looking at it, and he can stop the fight any time he wants. The No. 8 in the world lasted 82 seconds. He’s 28, he’s versatile, a great athlete, one of the best in the division, has a bright future in the UFC, will be at the top, but it was an excellent win. (He) lasted 82 seconds.

"I was well trained, the distance, connected heavy hands,” he added. "I don’t think it takes anything away from the win. He can say whatever he wants. A beautiful knockout for my career, another one in the first round. It’s my fourth first-round knockout (in the UFC). I’m happy."

He's gonna deny and deny for life, he's not wrong that the ref should have seen it, but fuck, no one saw shit until Nelson gave an interview that he saw double and we had CSI mma guys slow mo this shit.

Even if Nelson protests it, it's not gonna get NC or shit, if Germaine could get away w/ 2 illegal after the bell blows that rocked Holly, you can get away w/ anything.

Unless you smoke weed, then you're Nick Diaz fucked.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He has to serve the remainder of his USADA suspension under USADA testing, then he is clear to fight.

So 5 months drug free...Thats hell and high water for a semi-active professional wrestler. The depression and pain and mood changes of low testosterone are no joke, ask Vitor.

That means absolutely no banned substance can be found in his system for 5 solid months. This would indicate he is absolutely coming back, given the serious nature of the task-- its a 100% given Brock is back.

Goatface

According to a report by MMAOddsBreaker.com, UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic will defend his title against Cain Velasquez.

The bout would take place at UFC 216 on October 7 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

if that turns out to be true, i could see Brock vs Overeem in Dec. some places saying he could return as early as November.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if that turns out to be true, i could see Brock vs Overeem in Dec. some places saying he could return as early as November.
latest

MeatyBasicIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Prop bets. I want to make some money given that he tapped to USADA after a mere 4 months last time.

Last edited:

Goatface

Looks like no fight till Stipe gets paid

“According to his team, the main issue is Miocic, who is on the verge of beating the heavyweight record for most title defenses (2), has earned less than his challenger in his last two title defenses against JDS and Alistair Overeem. And so his team says Miocic isn’t willing to discuss his next fight until issues with his contract are properly addressed.”

when i 1st heard of Brock coming back thought for sure it would be a rematch against Cain.
would think a warm up fight for Cain would be best for him.
and Overeem and Miocic 2 would be the proper title matchup

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe some of the names on the UFC on Fox card tonight...good headliner...but I'm pretty sure the casual fan doesn't know anyone on this card.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Weidman loses tonight, is he done? A 4 loss streak against basically the "current" top 5 (not taking into account Gegard left). And fuck UFC for letting Gegard go. I wanted to see him fuck some bitches up in top 5.

• 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Weidman has 2 losses left before they cut him. He can't be that big of a draw. His last win was May 2015 and new people watching the sport will know this guy from being a can. He has 3 knock outs his last 3 losses. He is on the direct path to CTE without any slow downs. Put a fork in him.

• 1Solidarity