MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Man that a comeback by Shogun last night! Instead of getting finished with his back against the fence per usual, he does something else. Fucking awesome. Also the JDS win was also a highlight of my night. Tuivasa kept doing this thing where he was basically headbutting JDS when he was kind of bullying him against the fence. Top it off with Fury rising from the dead in round 12 of his fight and finishing the fight, I'd say it was a good night of fights.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Pedro said he thinks he tore his ACL in the 2nd round.

don't think it on same leg as his wrecked ankle

=

Pedro got the better of all the early exchanges and had Rua in serious trouble at various moments in the first round.

The Brazilian legend later admitted he couldn’t remember the first five minutes of the fight, and it wasn’t until he left the cage that he was told he’d lost the first round.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC 231
FeatherweightMax Holloway (c)vs.Brian Ortega[a]
Women's FlyweightValentina Shevchenkovs.Joanna Jedrzejczykhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_231#cite_note-19
WelterweightAlex Oliveiravs.Gunnar Nelson
FeatherweightHakeem Dawoduvs.Kyle Bochniak
Light HeavyweightJimi Manuwavs.Thiago Santos

anyone a JJ fan wanna avatar bet? just until the next numbered ufc(232)

or anyone believes holloway gonna stay champ?

i'll bet on valentina and ortega, while i believe holloway is the better fighter, he looked mega loopy the last time.

Goatface

Max Holloway hints at vile reason for mysterious illness that kept him out of UFC 226

“Something went wrong after my first meal in Vegas,” Holloway said. “That was about eight days out from the fight. I gave it a couple of days and it just got worse. That’s when my team and the UFC sent me to the [emergency room]. I hadn’t started cutting weight. I was actually eating 2,500 calories a day, and all my labs and stuff with my kidneys were fine. If it was a weight-cutting thing, I’m pretty sure the UFC would have stripped me [of the title] because the UFC doctors could see that.

“People thought it was a concussion and we debunked that pretty quick. Someone on my team said to the doc that we should run [toxicology] tests and the doc said, ‘That’s actually not a bad idea.’ Vegas is a crazy place. Who knows what could have been done? But right now, everything is looking good.”

There has to be more than Holloway is saying, because neither the UFC nor the athletic commission would allow him to fight if things weren’t perfectly in order.

===

a year off, leg injury and been pretty much a lab specimen of last 5 months
if max does pull it off will be a feat

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
UFC 231
FeatherweightMax Holloway (c)vs.Brian Ortega[a]
Women's FlyweightValentina Shevchenkovs.Joanna Jedrzejczyk
WelterweightAlex Oliveiravs.Gunnar Nelson
FeatherweightHakeem Dawoduvs.Kyle Bochniak
Light HeavyweightJimi Manuwavs.Thiago Santos

anyone a JJ fan wanna avatar bet? just until the next numbered ufc(232)

or anyone believes holloway gonna stay champ?

i'll bet on valentina and ortega, while i believe holloway is the better fighter, he looked mega loopy the last time.
I'll take that Bet, JJ gonna handle Valentina

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He's been on a killing spree.

Fight makes more sense than Cowboy, is safer than Cowboy, but sells less than Cowboy.

McGregor doesn't want the money fight on this one. He wants the W and I don't blame him.
if he wants a legit rematch, hes better off asking Aldo to bulk up on some Aldo burgers and meet him at 155 instead of this shit.

Goatface

Conor McGregor granted continuance in Nevada Athletic Commission case

The UFC star’s legal team asked for and was granted a continuance in his Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) case in relation to the UFC 229 post-fight brawl, sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. Therefore, McGregor will not be at the NAC meeting for a disciplinary hearing Monday, nor will his potential sanction be discussed.
As of Tuesday, Khabib Nurmagomedov’s disciplinary hearing remains on for Monday. However, sources said Nurmagomedov is unlikely to be in attendance for the meeting in Las Vegas. Sources said a continuance is still possible, as is some kind of settlement agreement, which has become regular protocol for the NAC over the last year plus.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
The Conor vs. Poirier thing isn't official yet. Dana talks shit, maybe to try to let some fights be a surprise. I still wouldn't be surprised if Conor vs. Cowboy is the fight they make once they figure out what's going on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Conor vs. Poirier thing isn't official yet. Dana talks shit, maybe to try to let some fights be a surprise. I still wouldn't be surprised if Conor vs. Cowboy is the fight they make once they figure out what's going on.
The only reason to hype Poirier, is to either get Cowboy on board or to lessen Cowboys purse. Which is stupid on both fronts since Cowboy is one of the few fighters that actually will fight whoever (no name cheater till), whenever, and he's well off on money.

Cowboy is the fight to make, Conor can talk all the shit he wants to on Cowboy, and theres even more fuel to add w/ Jack/Wink. No one wants to see poirier 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user