MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, Max looked amazing last night. I was really pulling for Ortega, but Max is clearly the far superior striker.

I am sure Ortega will come back from this and be just fine. Hopefully he continues to improve his striking to compliment his ground game.

And holy shit, that cut from Gunnar was NASTY. That was the most blood I have seen in a while.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Let me know what my avatar is
eh something simple should do, GG

BeautifulFarawayAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Man, Max looked amazing last night. I was really pulling for Ortega, but Max is clearly the far superior striker.

I am sure Ortega will come back from this and be just fine. Hopefully he continues to improve his striking to compliment his ground game.

And holy shit, that cut from Gunnar was NASTY. That was the most blood I have seen in a while.
I'm not sure about Ortega. After last night his brain cells may look like Ali's at this point. He had a slim chance, but he couldn't keep up. Dude for sure developed some CTE last night.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Is this FOTY? if not what are ya'lls picks?
(don't no fool say conor)

zombie v. yair?

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Zombie for knockout of the year. Derrick Lewis, if he wasn't hated, might also be a good pick.

I think there are some other contenders for FOTY, but as a promotion, this is a good one to hype up. Both fighters are in high esteem with UFC brass. Dana is pushing Max to move to 155 (where both the dude and the company will get paid bigly), and T-City is a game, bad motherfucker while also being heir apparent to the 145 throne. Ortega could make the company a lot of money as 145 champ (which is still a division that UFC isn't good at marketing because of fighters' size – dude will bring in a lot of fans), fighting 3-4x a year while other champs fight just 1-2x.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Zombie for knockout of the year. Derrick Lewis, if he wasn't hated, might also be a good pick.

I think there are some other contenders for FOTY, but as a promotion, this is a good one to hype up. Both fighters are in high esteem with UFC brass. Dana is pushing Max to move to 155 (where both the dude and the company will get paid bigly), and T-City is a game, bad motherfucker while also being heir apparent to the 145 throne. Ortega could make the company a lot of money as 145 champ (which is still a division that UFC isn't good at marketing because of fighters' size – dude will bring in a lot of fans), fighting 3-4x a year while other champs fight just 1-2x.
i would love for them to nix the tiny men divisions, have halloway eat a few cheeseburgers and wreck shit at 155, theres no reason to have DJ's division w/o him anymore, 135 is a snore, and maybe just keep FW 145, around as a transition div. i don't see a reason to keep tiny man division around when women are competing in the same weight class. then fix 155, 170, by axing 170 and adding 165,175

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Jon Jones had to go in front of the California Commission today. Apparently they have requested he submit to VADA in addition to USADA. The request was an on the spot request and Okamoto says it doesn't appear it was on Jon Jones' radar.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tuned in right when they started talking about that and it seems kinda pointless because unless I misunderstood it, which is a possibility, they want him to volunteer to be tested through VADA and will reimburse him afterwards. So it's completely his choice and he doesn't even have to.

I never really watch these things or read about them to much but I'm curious why is Andy Foster, the current ED for the CSAC, sitting right beside Jones, whispering to him and acting like his lawyer? Is this normal?

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
VADA will test more comprehensively for methods used, and with a better track record (no Brock Lesnar incident).

If they are footing the bill, he has no reason to not comply.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know how to say this without sounding rapey but let's see her do it when he is controlling her hands or arms .

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I don't know how to say this without sounding rapey but let's see her do it when he is controlling her hands or arms .
i don't have that gay ass useless sheet on the bed, wtf is the purpose?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users