MMA Thread

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Worst UFC card this year.

Max toyed with his food,
Cyborg Sucked
Niko price is the man for trying to fight (only one on the card that tried)
OAM should have won

the whole card was people playing paddy cake for points

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
some good prelim fights. figueiredo vs pantoja was great, i love the figs elbow work, and there were 2 asian fighters. watching asians fight is always good because they all seem to have that zombie gene in them. and i like my chunky honey spencer, she had some nice superman elbow work in there, and she was smiling after taking a some solid combos from cyborg. looks like the cyborg mystique is dead, father time catches all.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
discord mma chat has a stream thread i use since reddit broke. it points to sportsurge.net and it has had boxing and other mma promotions when they are up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
discord mma chat has a stream thread i use since reddit broke. it points to sportsurge.net and it has had boxing and other mma promotions when they are up.
I'm very happy for you

Thanks for the links

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Only really looking forward to the main event tonight.

ufc is currently lobbying to make that illegal. the posting of the link and/or hosting of the link by whatever site the link was posted on.

probably a glacial process. its not technically illegal to host stream links or post them right now under the current law. they want to hold the provider of the link and the website that allowed the link to remain up be responsible. but again, still in the very early lobbying phase.

Sounds like a disaster like FOSTA / SESTA. I hate these stupid "assign responsibility" laws. They have a chilling effect. The corporations seem hellbent on adding as many of them as possible as fast as possible to police the internet though.

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Cool if him to do

Yeah, generous of Joe to help. I'm sure his history of knee and neck problems makes him sympathetic to athletes with broken down bodies. My knee is in a similar situation to this lady's - massive meniscus tear where repair surgery has failed and removing the cartilage would be irresponsible. I hope the therapy works for her. Stem cell treatments of this kind for the knee are not established medicine in humans and it's hard to know the space of outcomes and long-term side effects.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have any opinions on two of the judges for Max & Frankie scoring it 50-45? I was drunk as fuck, but me and my friends were shocked it was such a lopsided decision. I really felt like Max did next to nothing in 4 of the rounds and Frankie was staying ineffectively busy at least.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Worst UFC card this year.

Max toyed with his food,
Cyborg Sucked
Niko price is the man for trying to fight (only one on the card that tried)
OAM should have won

the whole card was people playing paddy cake for points

We shut it off after RD1 of main event. We used the official ESPN stream purchase for the first time (not on TV though).

The stream kept losing frames and hitching. The player they use just isn't ready for primetime.

We vowed to not buy another one. Can't understate how fucking bad this card sucked ass. It's affected our decision to make future purchases.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, generous of Joe to help. I'm sure his history of knee and neck problems makes him sympathetic to athletes with broken down bodies. My knee is in a similar situation to this lady's - massive meniscus tear where repair surgery has failed and removing the cartilage would be irresponsible. I hope the therapy works for her. Stem cell treatments of this kind for the knee are not established medicine in humans and it's hard to know the space of outcomes and long-term side effects.
it's also dr. riordan + joe cover it (probably dr covers the surgery and joe covers the flight, expense, lodging, recovery), if anyone remembers from mel gibson

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any opinions on two of the judges for Max & Frankie scoring it 50-45? I was drunk as fuck, but me and my friends were shocked it was such a lopsided decision. I really felt like Max did next to nothing in 4 of the rounds and Frankie was staying ineffectively busy at least.

Max got the bigger shots in every round. Frankie never presented a danger.

It helped Max's case that Frankie was the one bloodied up because MMA judges are shit at judging damage, but it was an easy 50 points for Max; giving Frankie 9 points in every round was maybe even a bit generous, but again that's because MMA judges suck at scoring 10-8 rounds.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is way outside what I normally run into, but I had to laugh at the big dude being reluctant to kick the shit out of the scrawny troll that kept insulting him online until he agreed to fight. Overall the story seems weird and the video is mostly boring, but dude being like "You really want to do this?" along with just kicking him repeatedly made me LOL

I ran the video forward a lot, to just before they started.

I mean, I guess it could be a work, but it'd be the oddest work I can imagine.

LOL @ "Eat Shit Brother" 吃屎哥 that'd be a great tattoo for some American to get

An internet celebrity named Yu Chao-lin (游兆霖), who goes by the handle Eat S*** Brother (吃屎哥), was beaten to a pulp in a cage match with Chen that was live-streamed on Saturday. After the match, Chen said he accepted the challenge in an effort to "fish" for those actually behind Yu.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is way outside what I normally run into, but I had to laugh at the big dude being reluctant to kick the shit out of the scrawny troll that kept insulting him online until he agreed to fight. Overall the story seems weird and the video is mostly boring, but dude being like "You really want to do this?" along with just kicking him repeatedly made me LOL

I ran the video forward a lot, to just before they started.

I mean, I guess it could be a work, but it'd be the oddest work I can imagine.

LOL @ "Eat Shit Brother" 吃屎哥 that'd be a great tattoo for some American to get
This is way worse than Zelenoff lol

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Jesus christ. "If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough" at its finest. He's going to have some Uriah Faber legs in the morning.

• 1Like