MMA Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Probable should have gone to Reyes, but he certainly didn't perform in the late rounds

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I think it's time we stopped giving Bones the benefit of the doubt as the goat. His last few wins have been unimpressive and he's gotten lucky to get these decisions.

Earlier, we thought "He's playing with his food" or "Trying to beat them at their own game."

No, he's a champ who's been on the fortunate side of some bad judges; now that he's getting tested, he's no longer a world-beater, he's just another champ.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
My money is on Joe Solis. He is a terrible local judge here in town. He is worse that Cecil Peoples.
Will probably come out and say "body shots don't win fights"

This fight, the gus fight, the Santos fight, and USADA giving Jones the pass for his pulsing is enough for me to stop watching this god awful sports.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's time we stopped giving Bones the benefit of the doubt as the goat. His last few wins have been unimpressive and he's gotten lucky to get these decisions.

Earlier, we thought "He's playing with his food" or "Trying to beat them at their own game."

No, he's a champ who's been on the lucky side of some bad judges; now that he's getting tested, he's no longer a world-beater, he's just another champ.

I fucking hate Jones but get the fuck out of here with this shit.

• 2Solidarity

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider

No, he's a champ who's been on the fortunate side of some bad judges; now that he's getting tested, he's no longer a world-beater, he's just another champ.
He wasn't playing with his food. The early shots stunned him, and the body shots sapped his energy and will in the fight. Dom gassed, but Jones gave up.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit drunk, and had to stream the fight on my phone, but that really looked like Reyes had that 3-2 pretty easy.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I could see Jones taking it 3-2 being the champ and all that but when I heard 49-46 I was like good lawd give that man some glasses.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
He wasn't playing with his food. The early shots stunned him, and the body shots sapped his energy and will in the fight. Dom gassed, but Jones gave up.

Dom fought well and put on a fantastic performance. More referring to earlier in his reign against Gus, et al.

He should've been DQ'd against Smith and won a split decision against Santos.

Dude hasn't been the impressive dude from another planet since he's been getting extra testing. In no universe should he have gotten all of these last four wins.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dom fought well and put on a fantastic performance. More referring to earlier in his reign against Gus, et al.

He should've been DQ'd against Smith and won a split decision against Santos.

Dude hasn't been the impressive dude from another planet since he's been getting extra testing. In no universe should he have gotten all of these last four wins.
Jones got figured out. His main weapon is his oblique kick controlling space and it worked really well... until it didn't. Once you take that out, he has wrestling that had zero success lately and random spinning elbows. Even Reyes had more success with his kicks than Jones. If jones ever fight Adesanya I would bet the house on Adesanya.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
grandpahouse.gif

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Jones got figured out. His main weapon is his oblique kick controlling space and it worked really well... until it didn't. Once you take that out, he has wrestling that had zero success lately and random spinning elbows. Even Reyes had more success with his kicks than Jones. If jones ever fight Adesanya I would bet the house on Adesanya.

Second theory:

Bones was on the best drugs. Now he's not. Sorry Jonny.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
judges were kinda fucked today, but me and my mates at the pub gave it 3-2 to jones. reyes had a good start with the leg attacks, and he nullified the eye pokes by smacking at the fingers, but that front side kick to the knee, or even better that weird instep rear leg to the front knee still haven't seen a counter in all the fights i've seen. by the end of round 1 you could see jones already had the read, i was just expecting more elbow clinch work but whatever ... not a controversial decision.

jon jones still the humanity representative for the "show us what you got" intergalactic fight club.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it was easy 3-2 jones, but NOT 49-46 from one judge lulz, but it was also clear reyes forgot it was a 5round fight.

reyes clearly won rd1, jones clearly won rd4,5

now which round do you believe jones won, 2 or 3? i lean towards 2

Last edited: