MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chandler gif, though it really doesn't do justice. That first big right was so clean and awesome.

1.gif

No good version on Youtube right now or I'd post that.

And here's Patricio Pitbull scoring 3 knockdowns(4?) in one gif. Real time.

Patricio+Freire+vs.+Jared+Downing.gif

I love watching those Pitbull brothers fight. Someone should team them up with the Limas and make a sitcom out of it.

Full gifbomb of the event.

Oh, let's not forget Askren starting a U-S-A chant, mid-fight, while riding a guy's back.

4+Ben+Askren+vs.+Andrey+Koreshkov.gif

He has been more aggressive his last two fights at least.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I was watching the Askren fight at the bar last night and the audio was off...needless to say I thought they were showing parts of the fight in slow motion replay style.

Aldo is going to kill him.

I'd love to see Askren against UFC welters. His wrestling really is fucking stupidly dominant, I just wonder if he'd be able to do that to top fighters.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Zombie has a chance. He definetely wont be scared of Aldo. Perhaps he will develop some type of respect for him if he gets hurt early, but I think he will put pressure on Aldo ala Hominick and try to nullify his leg kicks and explosive strikes by crowding him. Or Aldo might just destroy him who knows, but either way we should see at least 5 minutes of awesome exchanges until someone gets KO'd.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Great main event...I think Aldo will work him though. I think the most interesting fight will be Machida vs. Davis...hoping Davis takes it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm hoping for Davis as well but don't see it happening unless his striking has gotten exponentially better.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pulling for Davis and KZ, while fully expecting both to lose by decision.

Davis has disappointed me a lot. I was pimping him as the one guy that might challenge JJ a year or two back, but he's been so slow to grasp the striking game that the idea of him challenging Jones is laughable at this point.

Right now I sort of want Davis to just go full Maia. He has elite wrestling, and he's got serious high end BJJ. Should be a lethal combo, but he hasn't been able to translate his wrestling to MMA so far.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The Machida vs Davis fight is probably going to be terrible. The Jose Aldo vs KZ fight should be great.