MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Whatever, seems like even better potential for a good fight if one or both of them aren't draining themselves to make weight.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whatever, seems like even better potential for a good fight if one or both of them aren't draining themselves to make weight.
Exactly. Diaz fights are just show-fights anyways. They aren't actually trying to compete within any divisions for belts at this point.

• 1Truth!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
same thing happened at 196, nate couldn't make LW (it was like 2weeks notice) so conor said make it WW fight then

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
wonder who was coming in heavy

excited-hockey.gif

So fuckin' stoked for this fight now.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Diaz is an interesting (weird) dude. If you read that article without knowing his overall attitude or ever really heard him talk before, it sounds pretty dark and like a guy on his way to killing himself. Also, I didn't realize his last win was in 2011.

Diaz (26-9, 2 NC) was winless in three fights before his six-year absence. His last win came against BJ Penn in 2011. Even so, Diaz remains a cult favorite among MMA fans. He won 11 straight at one point, is the former Strikeforce welterweight champion and is known for his all-action, pushing-forward style.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Diaz is an interesting (weird) dude. If you read that article without knowing his overall attitude or ever really heard him talk before, it sounds pretty dark and like a guy on his way to killing himself. Also, I didn't realize his last win was in 2011.

To be fair, the quality of his opponents was very high and he was competitive.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I mean don't get my wrong, I wasn't knocking him for it. Was just surprised to realize it had been so long since he won

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I mean don't get my wrong, I wasn't knocking him for it. Was just surprised to realize it had been so long since he won
robbies on a 4L streak, but no one cares, this fight is more hype than valentina and volkanovski

hell it's even a 5rounder

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It'd be fun to see a classic Diaz beatdown, something like the Penn fight. I'll watch it just on the off chance of that.

What's actually going to happen?
He'll get rocked early, like sat down maybe survive the round and get finished in round two. It's predicable. He doesn't care, free money.

Sometimes getting beat up for a million or two is enough. Fans are kidding themselves if they think it's more than that. If you've never competed as a professional in a sport you don't understand that the money is the thing. The vast majority of professional athletes are ok as long as the next paycheck is good.

Do you really think Diaz cares about the next two fights?

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Diaz is an interesting (weird) dude.

The brothers are both nuts. I know some people who are close to them through BJJ and what you get in interviews is exactly who they are. They're semi-literate, brutally tough guys who don't actually like fighting and have to act like primates to hype themselves up for it, but are none the less pretty good. And, sadly, it's their only skill that society is willing to pay them for.

• 1Like