MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I scored it the same way as McCarthy and Cleary, except I gave round 5 to Gane because he was the only one who actually did anything. Ngannou just did his best Clay Guida impression when he got top.

No surprise at all D'Amato is the 49-46.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I scored it the same way as McCarthy and Cleary, except I gave round 5 to Gane because he was the only one who actually did anything. Ngannou just did his best Clay Guida impression when he got top.
Isn’t Sal the judge whose scores are always misaligned with the rest? And no way in hell would anyone other than a retard would give round 5 to Gane.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I spaced out in round 4, but I loved that round 1. IDK who won by what-- I need to rewatch the fight again.

Ngannou surviving that kneebar/heelhook attempt was surprising. I really thought Gane would have the strength/grip to do something with it. But Ngannou's leg was too long and big to really get position.

People are calling the fight boring. I think there were just minutes in the rounds that tainted it but the big peaks like the ground work made up for it.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn’t Sal the judge whose scores are always misaligned with the rest? And no way in hell would anyone other than a retard would give round 5 to Gane.
Look faggot, I was calling the judges retards, not anyone here. Why don't you muster up some goddamn civility and chill the fuck out?

• 1Worf

taebin

Same trailer, different park
The strength of Ngannou to shrug off the kimura and heel hook and overpower his way out was what impressed me the most. And the torn MCL, lol. Dude is a freak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was surprising that Francis actually has something resembling ground game that is effective. The last 40 seconds or so of 5 looked like Gane was just going "Shit, I didn't sign up for this. Blow the horn plz."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The strength of Ngannou to shrug off the kimura and heel hook and overpower his way out was what impressed me the most. And the torn MCL, lol. Dude is a freak.
Gane was on the wrong side of Ngannou to hold/torque the kimura, but being able to avoid the heel hook that late in the fight was impressive.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
being able to avoid the heel hook that late in the fight was impressive.
It was really a dogshit heel hook. The only reason it was at all close was that Ngannou didn't defend it at all (but then, he didn't have to). Gane could have had it later but didn't even try to get his hips in tighter or develop any real control with his own legs.

• 1Pathetic

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fight was uninspired. Just got back from the bar and they put the entire place to sleep. The energy before the fight vs after was palpable. People were leaving before the decision was even read.

This is a heavy weight fight and people come to see someone get slept or submitted. This French bitch Gane got skipped to the head of the line because Dana hates Ngannou. How'd that work out for ya? What a shit division.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea not sure what the hype was all about.

Ngannou most terrifying man on the planet, the new era of heavyweights, etc....hasnt really worked out. His destruction of Overeem turned out to be the peak.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Fight was uninspired. Just got back from the bar and they put the entire place to sleep. The energy before the fight vs after was palpable. People were leaving before the decision was even read.

This is a heavy weight fight and people come to see someone get slept or submitted. This French bitch Gane got skipped to the head of the line because Dana hates Ngannou. How'd that work out for ya? What a shit division.
Ehhhh, Gane was the favorite in Vegas. Those dudes don't like losing money over there. He was in the fight for a good reason, regardless of Dana's views. Dude was undefeated and worked Lewis/Volkov.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Look faggot, I was calling the judges retards, not anyone here. Why don't you muster up some goddamn civility and chill the fuck out?
So it’s perfectly ok for you to call someone retarded, but not for me? What type of hypocritical attitude is that? You want some civility, you need to chill the fuck out first.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i guess we have to give nganou credit for evolving his ground game

when he actually faced someone he couldn't ko in 2minutes
MiocicNgannou.gif

but gane really also seemed to be hesitant

Goatface

Ngannou said he thinks he will be a free agent in a year, and admitted he may have fought his last fight in the Octagon, with some serious knee ligament injuries sustained in his training camp likely to require surgery. A lengthy recovery could ice him for the whole remaining year of his champion’s clause in his contract
I have a grade 3 MCL [tear], a damaged ACL, a damaged MPFL, 25 days ago,” he said, but added that he never considered withdrawing from the fight: “If I needed to leave that leg in the Octagon to get a win, I would have done it.”

so stipe vs jones for interim belt?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe Gane refused to go after leg kicks knowing that Ngannou had fucked up his knee?

This is possible. I watched a pre-fight interview with Gane's coach when they were discussing the training footage leaks.

Gane's coach said Gane isn't the type of guy to do bad shit. He said if Gane hurt Ngannou in training he wouldn't correct anything publicly even if it happened. That's the type of guy that doesn't do sleezy shit like Daniel Cormier or Jones. Gane is a sportsman.