MMA Thread

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
he'd be hard to twist, he's a solid nugget and can't be folded many more times. you saw him escape ortega with his neck.

also don't discount his previous NRL career, he was a front rower and nearly 100kg, so he was consistently running into brick walls of all the islanders we have over here playing footy. i'd still back him at lightweight, his skills are solid, he's got mad cardio, and he's a tenacious little fucker. he's also a fellow aussie so fuck you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
24 and 1 - 1 TKO. and he is roshambo champion so balls of steel

1656053307595.png

Goatface

UFC Vegas 57

MAIN CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
  • Arman Tsarukyan (156) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (156)
  • Neil Magny (171) vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov (170.5)
  • Alan Baudot (253) vs. Josh Parisian (265.5)
  • Christos Giagos (156) vs. Thiago Moises (155.5)
  • Nate Maness (135) vs. Umar Nurmagomedov (136)
  • Chris Curtis (185.5) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2/ESPN+, 7:30 p.m. ET)
  • Tafon Nchukwi (206) vs. Carlos Ulberg (204.5)
  • TJ Brown (145.5) vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke (146)
  • Sergey Morozov (136) vs. Raulian Paiva (136)
  • JP Buys (126) vs. Cody Durden (126)
  • Mario Bautista (135.5) vs. Brian Kelleher (135.5)
  • Vanessa Demopoulos (115.5) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (115.5)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He seems pretty smart business wise in how to keep himself relevent and getting massive payouts but then I see he has rocks for brains outside the ring..

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
props to the the announcer for calling the sub the second it began to unfold, why its good to have a grappler in the booth.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry, side topic. Does anyone happen to know a good place to stream King of the table 4? Yeah, it's arm wrestling and I'm not going to make the argument it's actually fighting. I checked the usual but nothing.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Sorry, side topic. Does anyone happen to know a good place to stream King of the table 4? Yeah, it's arm wrestling and I'm not going to make the argument it's actually fighting. I checked the usual but nothing.

I don't.

I'm really hoping that Devon vs Levan doesn't go down like Devon vs Denis did.

Hopefully Devon can stop Levan within a couple pulls, and then bleed Levan out and then dominate him.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
looks like a chuck liddell situation with the auto KO on any type of contact. not a good sign. prob looking at a Goodridge retirement.

• 1Like

Goatface

1656249205888.png

1656249295624.png

“I’m not going to lie: I was surprised,” Lawler told MMA Junkie on Friday. “I’m like, ‘OK, whatever.’ I get to get out of there earlier, which is nice. I wish they just put me first. Start the show and then get out. Maybe fly home.”

sherdog moved up Riddell/Turner to the main card, with Robbie/Barberena headlining prelims, which still leaves Cowboy/Miller the 2nd fight of the prelims. when was last time Cowboy was on prelims? decade ago?

don't think it is official, guess they could make Tate/Jessica Eye, might be Jessica last fight, she lost 3 in a row and 5-9-1 in ufc. if not could end up with only 2 chick fights on the early prelims

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Guurn Guurn What are your thoughts, post KoTT4?

Levan is just way way way too strong. 6-0 was the least surprising outcome given just how fucking big Levan is. I didnt think Larratt was going to get a pin but I did think he was going to have at least some resistance. That was one sided to the point of absurdity. Its gonna kill any Levan match up hype though, there is no point in anyone pulling him currently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Guurn Guurn What are your thoughts, post KoTT4?
I think Levan screwed up by being so obviously dominant. It's going to be hard to find him an interesting opponent. The scary thing is Devon is almost that dominant in North America. There really no one anywhere close for Levan and there won't be for a very long time.

I have no clue why I find arm wrestling so interesting, I'm in no way built for it and I don't normally watch sports that I don't compete in.

• 1Like