MMA Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Crazy, Usman literally had to do basically nothing in the 5th round and guaranteed victory.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Early I thought Leon was gassed after his awesome first. Then midway through the I just wondered if all he was doing was surviving hoping for his moment. I didn't think it would really happen, as he was outclassed 2-4, but WTF-else could his strategy have been? Yeah, I am no Nostrodumbass!

Last edited:

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Man, Rockhold was still throwing some heat despite being completely gassed. He's always been very dangerous with the speed and power he throws behind his strikes. I agree something had to have happened early on. It could have just been not being able to breathe out of his nose and it threw him off but the altitude, those early body shots, and being away from the sport for a couple of years likely played a part as well.

As for the main event, I was just waiting for the time to run out and thought Edwards had given up. He was still defending take-downs so I'm sure Usman knew he had some energy left. I don't think he was expecting that to happen though. I don't really care to see an immediate rematch, though Usman's reign may warrant one. I think I'd much prefer Chimaev getting the shot after the Diaz fight (presuming he wins).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
hey Ameraves Ameraves how crazy was it when usman got knocked the fuck out?

apparently conner knows nigerian
It was absolute insane. It was really quiet in there leading up to it because the fight was so slow. Then the head kick landed and it just exploded in there. Was a really cool experience.

6510AE2E-8D4E-40BD-B668-3E8905E333FF.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Insane ending. I thought for certain that Leon was done and I'd have to listen to GOAT bullshit about Usman. So glad he pulled it out. I hope they do the rematch in England and he starches him again. I can't fucking stand Usman.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it was funny watching them be ringside, but clearly just staring at the screens in front of them

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rogan and the UFC is literally the perfect marriage.

It almost seems like having an elevated vantage point not too far from the ring is better than sitting cageside and having to watch through the fence with a flat angle.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow I didnt realize how long he was in the shadow realm.

You saw that boys eyes? Usman saw unspeakable things.