MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
any more than the MMA fighter is gonna beat a seal in a no rules fight to the death

I used to do BJJ with some specops guys. The MMA fighter would absolutely tool the seal absent weapons. The level of hand to hand fighting in the armed forces, even special forces, is not high and basically amounts to "hold off the untrained dude until your buddies can shoot him." If you're fighting hand to hand in modern warfare, something has gone badly wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I used to do BJJ with some specops guys. The MMA fighter would absolutely tool the seal absent weapons. The level of hand to hand fighting in the armed forces, even special forces, is not high and basically amounts to "hold off the untrained dude until your buddies can shoot him." If you're fighting hand to hand in modern warfare, something has gone badly wrong.
I didn't say it would be a hand to hand fight, I just said a no rules fight to the death. But yes, 'stay alive until your buddy can shoot him' is the training standard in the military and it's appropriate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

this weekend could be a good, but damn 3 chick fights on the prelims. still a month+ out from 281 and already getting a little hyped.

Goatface

make that 2 chick fights

UFC Vegas 60

Main Card (ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET)

Cory Sandhagen (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)
Chidi Njokuani (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5)
Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Bill Algeo (146)
Joe Pyfer (185) vs. Alen Amedovski (185.5)*
Tanner Boser (229) vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (261)
Anthony Hernandez (185.5) vs. Marc-Andre Barriault (185)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 4 p.m. ET)

Damon Jackson (145.5) vs. Pat Sabatini (145.5)
Trevin Giles (170) vs. Louis Cosce (170.5)
Aspen Ladd (138)** vs. Sara McMann (135) — cancelled
Denise Gomes (115) vs. Loma Lookboonmee (115.5)
Trey Ogden (156) vs. Daniel Zellhuber (155)
Mariya Agapova (125.5) vs. Gillian Robertson (125)
Tony Gravely (135.5) vs. Javid Basharat (135.5)
Nikolas Motta (155) vs. Cameron VanCamp (155.5)

*Alen Amedovski weighed in at 186.5 pounds on first attempt, 0.5 pounds over the middleweight limit. He successfully made weight at 185.5 pounds on second attempt

**Aspen Ladd missed the bantamweight limit by two pounds. Her bout with Sara McMann has been cancelled, according to UFC officials.

• 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
make that 2 chick fights

UFC Vegas 60

Main Card (ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET)

Cory Sandhagen (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)
Chidi Njokuani (185.5) vs. Gregory Rodrigues (185.5)
Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Bill Algeo (146)
Joe Pyfer (185) vs. Alen Amedovski (185.5)*
Tanner Boser (229) vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (261)
Anthony Hernandez (185.5) vs. Marc-Andre Barriault (185)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 4 p.m. ET)

Damon Jackson (145.5) vs. Pat Sabatini (145.5)
Trevin Giles (170) vs. Louis Cosce (170.5)
Aspen Ladd (138)** vs. Sara McMann (135) — cancelled
Denise Gomes (115) vs. Loma Lookboonmee (115.5)
Trey Ogden (156) vs. Daniel Zellhuber (155)
Mariya Agapova (125.5) vs. Gillian Robertson (125)
Tony Gravely (135.5) vs. Javid Basharat (135.5)
Nikolas Motta (155) vs. Cameron VanCamp (155.5)

*Alen Amedovski weighed in at 186.5 pounds on first attempt, 0.5 pounds over the middleweight limit. He successfully made weight at 185.5 pounds on second attempt

**Aspen Ladd missed the bantamweight limit by two pounds. Her bout with Sara McMann has been cancelled, according to UFC officials.
Why would anyone pay for this event? I really hate that there is a ppv every fucking weekend. Been saying it for years now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why would anyone pay for this event? I really hate that there is a ppv every fucking weekend. Been saying it for years now.
Fight Nights aren't PPV. You just have to have an ESPN+ subscription.

Aspen Ladd missed weight again? Hasn't this hippo missed like 2 or 3 times before? Why the fuck does she still have a contract?

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fight Nights aren't PPV. You just have to have an ESPN+ subscription.

Aspen Ladd missed weight again? Hasn't this hippo missed like 2 or 3 times before? Why the fuck does she still have a contract?
maybe youre thinking of irene aldana

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UFC was at it's best when you had one stacked card per month and 12 PPV's a year. Plenty of time to build up, market, and hype each card. Every fight felt important and you knew every fighter. I never missed a single PPV for like a decade.

Now? Shit, I maybe watch 3 a year even though they are on every weekend.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck that's the most obvious shit ever. Shouldn't have even been a point off, should have been an instant DQ. There are fouls that are just accidents and some that are caused by carelessness/negligence, but that was just flat out cheating.

well, it gets worse

• 1WTF

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UFC was at it's best when you had one stacked card per month and 12 PPV's a year. Plenty of time to build up, market, and hype each card. Every fight felt important and you knew every fighter. I never missed a single PPV for like a decade.

Now? Shit, I maybe watch 3 a year even though they are on every weekend.
I LOVE the new schedule. You basically get fights every weekend. Plus, I used to be waaaay out of the loop on the roster prior to the newer schedule.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
It seriously seems like every other fight lmao. Everytime i see her on a card Im just waiting for it

gak

<Gold Donor>
Why would anyone pay for this event? I really hate that there is a ppv every fucking weekend.
p.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol @ Fatspen Lad.

Its so insane how some fighters kill themselves to make weight. I guess it really just comes down to that weight does matter quite a bit in a fight. Fighting at 170 lbs and fighting at 185 lbs is different. The guy that struggles to make 170 might not be able to compete with some of the bigger guys at 185, so its a conundrum. Do you try and cut weight in order to be able to be matched up with someone who you can actually beat, or just go up a division and probably get crushed.

I mean, think about it. How often do guys switch weight? Not too often. It happens, but usually out of necessity or if someone is trying to do the double champ thing. Its not easy to switch weight classes. Jon Jones has been in training camp for 3 fucking years in order to go from 205 to 250.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean, think about it. How often do guys switch weight? Not too often. It happens, but usually out of necessity or if someone is trying to do the double champ thing. Its not easy to switch weight classes. Jon Jones has been in training camp for 3 fucking years in order to go from 205 to 250.
dana don't care

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't suppose anyone has a stream for ADCC? IMO a much more entertaining event than the UFC tonight. I'll keep scrounging around and post here if I find one.

In the meantime I'll spoiler some of the better finishes/upsets

Best one so far IMO:

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I don't suppose anyone has a stream for ADCC? IMO a much more entertaining event than the UFC tonight. I'll keep scrounging around and post here if I find one.

In the meantime I'll spoiler some of the better finishes/upsets

Best one so far IMO:

try here:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like