MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UFC 280

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 2 p.m. ET)

• Charles Oliveira (154.5) vs. Islam Makhachev (154.5) – for vacant lightweight title
  • Champ Aljamain Sterling (135) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (135) – for bantamweight title
  • Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs. Petr Yan (136)
  • Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (156)
  • Katlyn Chookagian (127.5)* vs. Manon Fiorot (125.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPNews/ESPN+, 10 a.m. ET)

• Sean Brady (171) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
  • Caio Borralho (186) vs. Makhmud Muradov (185.5)
  • Nikita Krylov (206) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (206)
  • Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170.5) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (171)
  • AJ Dobson (185) vs. Armen Petrosyan (186)
  • Malcolm Gordon (126) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (126)
  • Lina Lansberg (135) vs. Karol Rosa (135)
* Chookagian misses weight by 1.5 pounds

Zubaira Tukhugov and Lucas Almeida was officially announced as canceled just minutes before weigh-ins began due to a medical issue.
Rofl imagine putting a fight like Belal and Brady on the fucking undercard over fatty fat fatty Chookagian. Yay diversity!!

Fuck, even Krylov v. Oezdemir is a better fight than that garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Team Suga, Team Do Bronx. Fuck the Russkies... and hope for a double KO in the battle of the Cheatin Bastards.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that staredown was tense from do bronx. he said hes gonna kill him as he walked back after

this ones for the favelas

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dana I think the universe was trying to warn you about this fight.

Chookagian was scheduled to face Manon Fiorot on September 3, 2022, at UFC Fight Night 209.[52] However, Chookagian withdrew due to unknown reasons in mid June and was replaced by former UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Jéssica Andrade.[53] In turn, Andrade withdrew in mid-July due to undisclosed reasons and was replaced by Fiorot's original opponent: Chookagian.[54][55] After Fiorot injured her knee, the bout was eventually shifted to take place at UFC 280 on October 22, 2022.[56][57] At the weigh-ins, Chookagian weighed in at 127.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds over the flyweight non-title fight limit. Chookagian was fined 20% of her purse, which will go to her opponent Fiorot.[58]

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Belal v. Brady should be great.

Nice to see Dariush fight again after a long(ish) layoff, especially against a guy on a big upswing like Gamrot.

TJ v. Sterling is the battle of the hated bastards.

Sugar Sean is always great, but I have a feeling Yan is going to bring him back down to earth.

Hell, the Oezdemir and Krylov fight has major potential too.

And of course my boy Do Bronx hopefully shows the world why he's the GOAT.

Card is absolutely fucking STACKED. I really hope Rogan does a fight companion for it.
no
1872b20a27f847cd521fcbebbe323e7a.jpg

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet against Oliveira the last 4 times he has fought, not doing it again. Machachev is a boring faggot anyway.

I hope Dilly crushes Sterling. He probably won but one can hope. I dont think Omalley could beat Yan if he had 5 tries. It could be interesting in the first round though. Any streams?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I bet against Oliveira the last 4 times he has fought, not doing it again. Machachev is a boring faggot anyway.

I hope Dilly crushes Sterling. He probably won but one can hope. I dont think Omalley could beat Yan if he had 5 tries. It could be interesting in the first round though. Any streams?
Bronx, TJ and Yan are my picks too.

I hope TJ makes Aljo cry like a little bitch. I fucking hate that douche

• 2Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nikita did very well.

Hoping for

Chuck
Pillashaw
Yan
Gamot

Girls do not belong on this main card, hope they both trip on the way to the cage and save me 20 mins.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how anyone can doubt Oliveira at this point. He hasn't lost in 5 years and knocked off every big name that isn't Khabib in that time. For him to be a defending champ underdog (technically he doesn't have the belt, but he is still the champ) is pretty crazy.
I've watched every Do Bronxfight in the UFC,

When he rag-dolled Tony, I knew something had changed. That was the last time I bet against him

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've watched every Do Bronxfight in the UFC,

When he rag-dolled Tony, I knew something had changed. That was the last time I bet against him
He first got on my radar when he smoked Jim Miller back in like 2017? 2018? Then he smoked Guida on the Whitaker v. Romero card and I knew the dude was definitely legit, but I agree that TFerg fight was when it really opened my eyes that he was "elite".

• 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slap fighting is so fucking dumb. I hope no one watches and it makes no money and dies off within a year.
It's not even slapping, Its an open-handed punch to the jaw,

It's about as stupid and dangerous as you could get.

Fuking embarresed for Dana White.

• 2Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Belal really needs the next title shot at Welterweight, but for some dumb reason they'll probably give it to Khamzat or Colby.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's not even slapping, Its an open-handed punch to the jaw,
Bas Rutten used to talk about how he preferred open-handed strikes from Pancrase because you could hit just as hard with less risk of breaking your hand.

• 2Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Belal is a super boring fighter but Im glad he's getting some cred finally.

He should be next in line at WW for sure, Colby, Mas, and the fat Russian all need to take a back seat.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they are putting lame girls up early and not in the middle of the PPV,

Time to go make food till the lame decision is done.

• 1Like