MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Dana said in the post fight press conference that Michael Chandler and Connor aren't getting along all that great on the TUF season they're filming, and that some shit went down Friday.

Not that it's a surprise to anyone, just figured I'd mention it while I'm watching the post fight

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jones is so good because he can stop basically anyone from threatening a takedown, allowing him to dictate where the fight will happen. he even admitted after the fight that he is probably going to make what we saw in this fight his new style instead of trying to kickbox and win via strikes. He hasnt submitted someone in 11 years, but maybe it was more by choice than anything else. His most dominant victories have been ground and pound or grappling based.

The other part is his chin. He has shown he is able to absorb damage, so not only is it hard to get him to the ground, its hard to effect him standing. I wonder if Stipe could crack his shit? I doubt it at this stage in his career. He is old and looks old. I just dont see Jones losing to him. It will just be a legacy win for him, another feather in his cap. The fight most likely will not be a spectacle.

What the fuck is wrong with Mcgregor's face? He looks WAY different. It almost looks like he has a touch of acromegaly or something. His brow has become more prominent, going down to his large, flat looking nose, his facial features have transformed. The size of his head is also looks larger, maybe it is just his bulked up traps and neck, but the entire shape of his head and face has changed. Obviously its most likely due to that sweet, sweet HGH, as he probably cycled hard on testosterone and other high powered supplements, but he looks so drastically different it makes you wonder what that stuff really does to your body.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Dana said in the post fight press conference that Michael Chandler and Connor aren't getting along all that great on the TUF season they're filming, and that some shit went down Friday.

Not that it's a surprise to anyone, just figured I'd mention it while I'm watching the post fight
lol, he also compared the slap stuff to the early days of the UFC, and how everyone was a doubter and hater.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think McGregor probably got some cosmetic surgery done in his time off. His eyes look a lot different too. But maybe it's just his face not looking so deflated because he's carrying around extra weight. Does look like a different person though

edit: If you zoom in, you can see the scars just under his eyebrows. I think he got the Wanderlei business

2_conor-insta-1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

speaking of powerslap

Week 1: 295,000 viewers, 0.10 share, No. 45 rated program for the night.
Week 2: 413,000 viewers, 0.13 share, No. 30 rated program for the night.
Week 3: 284,000 viewers, 0.09 share, No. 51 rated program for the night.
Week 4: 275,000 viewers, 0.08 share, No. 68 rated program for the night.
Week 5: 275,000 viewers, 0.09 share, No. 55 rated program for the night.
Week 6: 309,000 viewers 0.10 share. No. 43 rated program for the night.
Week 7: 277,000 viewers 0.09 share. No. 50 rated program for the night.
that is with AEW Wrestling lead in, which is around 800k-1.x million viewers and a top 5 cable show of the night most every week

week 8 is a highlight show, with the finale sat march 11th at 9pm live on Rumble

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jones is so good because he can stop basically anyone from threatening a takedown, allowing him to dictate where the fight will happen. he even admitted after the fight that he is probably going to make what we saw in this fight his new style instead of trying to kickbox and win via strikes. He hasnt submitted someone in 11 years, but maybe it was more by choice than anything else. His most dominant victories have been ground and pound or grappling based.

The other part is his chin. He has shown he is able to absorb damage, so not only is it hard to get him to the ground, its hard to effect him standing. I wonder if Stipe could crack his shit? I doubt it at this stage in his career. He is old and looks old. I just dont see Jones losing to him. It will just be a legacy win for him, another feather in his cap. The fight most likely will not be a spectacle.

He's too light for Jones. Stipe recently claimed hes 250 but that's just beers and inactivity. He's naturally a small HW and is going to get thrown on his head.

Jones is set for a 5-6 fight run. HW has nothing for him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What happens if Jones beats Stipe? Is he going to want to stick around defend the title against the entire HW ranking? Is he just gonna lose interest and wander off into the sunset?

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What happens if Jones beats Stipe? Is he going to want to stick around defend the title against the entire HW ranking? Is he just gonna lose interest and wander off into the sunset?
Maybe they could exhume Brock Lesnar for Jones to beat up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well he could eventually fight the young Russian dude who raped Lewis. Tom Aspinall once healthy. Maybe even Blaydes.

Shavkhat shitted on Neal even with the 4 pound weight disadvantage at weigh ins. He said he wants Covington and then a title shot. I dont know if he can beat Colby at this point, but he definitely deserves to fast-tracked. He is openly campaigning to fight Kahmzat as well, so it should be interesting to see how things shake out.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

He's looking to fight twice a year he said. 1-2 more years I'd guess. Age 37 is when he'll eye the door.

He's good for at least 3 fights at HW. Clean out the rest of the top 5.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happens if Jones beats Stipe?
Yeah bro. What happens if a race of giant aliens from another planet riding unicorns tries to perform a hostile take over of our planet? Do you have any more ridiculous questions that need to be answered?

• 2Cringe

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's looking to fight twice a year he said. 1-2 more years I'd guess. Age 37 is when he'll eye the door.

He's good for at least 3 fights at HW. Clean out the rest of the top 5.
Shit if he fights Pavlovich that might be the first avatar bet I've taken in at least five years.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As much as I am loving Pavlovich's work, I am sure Jones would take him down and wrestle-rape, ground & pound him out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much as I am loving Pavlovich's work, I am sure Jones would take him down and wrestle-rape, ground & pound him out.
Three years ago Jones couldn't even secure a takedown on a football player with a blue belt.

Pavlovich outweighs him, matches his reach, and has a grappling background. A little bit of searching suggests that his embarrassing UFC debut against Overeem was the only takedown he's suffered in his career. Now obviously the competition in "Fight Night Global" isn't on the same level as the UFC but there's no reason to assume that Jones is just gonna ragdoll him around the cage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he was gonna get subbed anyway, but not in this way

“I hit him in the leg, in the thigh,” Nickal said. “I had him in a bad position along the wall. He wanted to get off the wall and he wanted the ref to stop it. If I were to have actually hit him low, I would feel bad because I don’t want to win that way. I’m not a cheater. I’m not somebody who tries to take short cuts. If I did hit him low, I would’ve just relaxed probably or let the ref stop it. But I didn’t hit him low at all, so it’s a weird move, bro.”

Dude really should have waited to see the video footage before he decided his defense would be to just outright deny that he hit him in the groin and call Pickett a faker. That isn't even a 'hits the thigh and slides up' situation, the knee just goes straight to crotch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What do you use,

I use to use solarPM but it's been gone for a few years.
I use IPGurl. It's invite only now, and they get all cranky if you invite someone that doesn't sign up. Happy to send you an invite if you think you'll actually use it.