MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, as long as we note who we are on there it shouldn't be a problem. I am fine with creating another one if needed

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
What I'm wondering is if it will reset when it's actually 2013 and this is the last card of their season or if it's just continuous.

EDIT: This was their challenge in 2011..."The Challenge is based on the results of the Mixed Martial Arts events taking place between December 10, 2011 and December 30, 2011 (the "Season")."

Only three weeks but it ran up to and through the last UFC event of the year (Overeem vs Lesnar).

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a particular highlight in there, or is it worth listening to all 3 hours?

Woad_sl

shitlord
Is there a particular highlight in there, or is it worth listening to all 3 hours?
I like Rogan's podcasts in general so I listened to the whole thing. I thought it was good up until the last 30 minutes or so when they start getting into gun control/politics. Before that they talk a lot about the early years of MMA and how it's evolved.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At certain points during the podcast, I'm thinking Barnett is a fucking awesome guy who I'd love to share a beer with... other points, I'm thinking this guy is every bit the pretentious douche people say he is. Take the good with the bad I guess.

Joe Lauzon & Jim Miller this weekend!!

Falmer_sl

shitlord
With all the recent shooting sprees, I don't think JDS will be positively accepted by the American audience if he shows up in the octagon with guns like these.

When keeping it real goes wrong.

Pride fight here and the dude who looks like he just got up off the couch to grab some chips knocks the other guy the fuck out.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, new fan eh? You should spend a few hours looking up PRIDE highlights if so=)

The big guy is James "The Colossus" Thompson. Always seemed like a bit of an idiot, but he started blogging last year and the man is actually pretty awesome.

http://colossalconcerns.com/

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dana doesn't want to do random drug tests cause he fears all his fighters smoke pot!

http://www.yardbarker.com/mma/articl...crazy/12524995

When you think about it, it is probably true. And you can tell from his comments that he probably just doesn't give a shit about pot. Why exactly is that deemed illegal in terms of drug testing for fighters anyways? Surely they don't think it gives any kind of advantage.

Renault

N00b
Dana is so full of shit. He accuses MLB and NFL of being rife with PED's but somehow MMA isn't even though it's a super injury prone sport with equally intense physical requirements. He's just trying, and apparently successfully, throwing up a smokescreen to distract from PED's by making up a phantom pot issue.

How many fighters even pop for pot; Nick Diaz and Dave Herman are the repeat offenders and then you have guys like Thiago Silva, Matt Riddle and Tyson Griffin so other then Diaz who gives a shit. Compare that to thishttp://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroi...tive-timeline/Yep real big pot vs steroid issue in MMA.