MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
"I bet I can take you down," Jones told Cormier at that meeting. Cormier, 35, said Jones' words "festered" as Cormier proceeded to become Strikeforce heavyweight champion.
~5 years later and he did.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, first 3 rounds were living up to the hype, but the last 2 were awful.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
someone told dc that cardio is a part of the train up right
I'm sure they did but the paced they pushed was pretty insane for Light-Heavy's. 10-minute first rounds in Pride killed off a lot of peeps. It's why I liked them so much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I loved the cheap shot at the end. I mean yeah the fight technically wasn't over, but what a piece of shit JJ is.

Fedor

<Banned>
dgRRTUc.gif

giphy.gif

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh god can you imagine if one of those after the bell shots landed flush and knocked JJ out?

That would have been the greatest thing ever.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Who's even left for Jones? Gus and LJ? Yeah, there's no way he loses.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gustaffson had him in trouble and Vitor should have subbed him but Jones decided to risk a career ending injury rather than tap out. He isn't invincible, he's just really damn good.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Gustaffson had him in trouble and Vitor should have subbed him but Jones decided to risk a career ending injury rather than tap out. He isn't invincible, he's just really damn good.
There are VERY few opponents that have the physical tools to be able to beat JJ. The guys height and reach are just so dominant. Gus was the only opponent that matched up against him and that was a great fight. The rematch is long overdue.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If Gus gets a better gas tank, he has a chance of beating him. It was similar to this fight in that JJ absolutely took over in the 4th and 5th rounds, and Gus couldn't keep up. I would think since Gus doesn't have the weight cut issues like DC does, he should be able to improve his cardio and possibly beat JJ.

All that being said though, I honestly believe JJ completely overlooked Gus and won't do that again. Does that mean it will be an easy fight? No way. I do think JJ will be far better prepared though.

This is all assuming that Gus even gets by Rumble. Rumble is a man that has looked terrifying in his last few fights, so he could very well be next in line.