MMO Glitches / Sploits

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Most of the fun EQ stuff was mentioned, but the one I remember from WoW that was awesome was the Living Bomb thing where pets could get the bomb and you could dismiss them, then summon them again with it to level all the sheep in the Auction House.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Nice, I like the posted link that explains it fully.

Player receives Developer item in the mail, one-shots Ulduar

Glad this thread wasn't rickshawed :p

I apologize for only listing EQ1, but I never really cheated or used glitches like good old EQ1.

One time a guild group got overwhelmed in Siren's Grotto, and the wizard did that in-zone evac (Succor I think?). She got it off but somehow died anyway, resulting in a duped corpse. You bet I tried my best to replicate it, and eventually found that if you /dueled the wiz, killed them a split second after the Succor spell got off(while still on the screen due to lag), they'd teleport with all their stuff *and* leave a corpse behind. My buddy and I did all this in Toxxulia as it was an empty zone, and joked about our 'Factory in Toxxulia'. To this day I still have a few pre-nerf holgresh beads and skelly illusion necklaces.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Old ass EQ1 exploits? This is the oldest I remember:

Back when I first hit 50 on my cleric, and lguk was completely empty at all but prime time, I would always run around and check the named spawns to see if they were holding any good weapons, then I'd run them to one of several null pathing spots and nuke them down. Best one was the big urn in the ghoul savant's room. I would Invis to Undead over to the ghoul lord and if he had a ssoy (only if he had the ssoy, or if I was really bored, since it took so long), I would Pac both his buddies and then root him. Re-invis, run back down to the end of his main hallway and wait till I saw movement, signifying he had broken root (was way before you got messages for debuffs wearing off), then I'd hall ass back to the savant room. Stand in the middle of the room and wait till I saw the huge ass train start coming up the stairs, then throw myself into the urn. The entire train would just come to a screeching halt and stand there completely motionless, while I spent like 15 minutes nuking him down, regening mana, nuking some more, regening, etc. Once he was dead, throw up Invis to Undead again and relog, so everything would de aggro and run away. Log back in and loot corpse. Made tons of plat farming him and a bunch of other named that way. If anyone ever came by and tried to interfere, I would just start atoning other mobs in the train and they'd aggro on anyone else around and beat their asses down. And if the whole Pac/Root/Re-Invis thing got fucked by a resist, I could always DA/DB and just run like the wind, though it'd be a little more risky.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Before EQ had aggregate damage it sure was fun to run around stealing peoples shit on a constant basis, timing all the spawns and mapping out how you plan to kill every fucking thing in lguk or solb, people hating you so much that as soon as you zoned in everyone started freaking the fuck out, watching the sheer amount of tells about how much they hate you, while you mock and taunt the entire zone only to have a GM show up (after 6hrs of course) and scold you publicly and laugh his ass off in private tells.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
One really cool thing I discovered was in WoW the event that happened prior to WOTLK launch, theZombie Infestation - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft. If you and a member of the opposite faction were both zombies, you could talk to each other in /say just fine. Only way I know of for that to occur.
There was also a mod in vanilla, called babbles if I recall correctly, that converted both languages to a common one. It was disabled by Blizzard quite quickly, reason was that segregation = cool. Fuck them and fuck hardcoded factions.

In EQ I remember using Eye of Zomm in Sebilis at zone in, cast from my bard singing steel helmet, done in the right place it spawned down into Trakanon's lair and I could check on the Undead Bard fairly quickly that way.
I also went past the locked door in Chardok by sticking myself into the door, casting the aforementioned eye of Zomm, using it to target a mob past the door, then casting something to agro it and make it run at me opening the door.
Aside from these small glitches I never truly exploited or cheated with stuff like MQ. My guild had an army of rangers parked all over the world and we had no problems killing everything that spawned on a regular basis.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always loved when Ssoulz or someone would lose an argument and bring RL into the fray. I was a GD boss at that ripe young age owning my own house and stacking already while that clown was living with his mom at 23. We played with a lot of losers who were very bad.

There is a FB group for Sol Ro now btw, Diison still talks about Destiny in it =p

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Not so much a sploit as unintended game play but raiding in Gates of Discord the first 6 months after it's launch as an Enchanter was nuts. There were a few mobs we could charm which put out more DPS than the whole rest of the raid put together.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Early stages of EQ1, forgot the exact method, but something like typing ||||||||||||| to someone in private message would crash their game. Also a flower pot in lower guk made you unkillable from the frogs.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
EQ1: Running mobs off high drops while you had levitate then finishing them off (they took fall damage) for xp.

kaxfenix

N00b
Back in Vanilla wow I remember ( barely ) you could edit a file on your local machine that would allow you to read the other sides Faction chat in /say ..

Also in Deadmines at the ship if you get tomany adds due to bad pathing bad pulling etc.. you can jump on to the ships Paddle wheel causing the mobs (range or melee) to reset.

razzle_sl

shitlord
EQ1

During PoP for a short period of time, a rogue could use an item to cast Eye of Zomm, hand it a crappy item, steal it back, zone would crash. Needless to say, one particular alliance's first Coirnav kill was cut a bit short.

PoTactics pit. The pit mobs were on multiple factions. If an enchanter charmed one faction, and made it attack the other faction, then broke charm, the mobs would continue fighting each other. You then began training the other pit mobs, making sure to balance faction, and as long as you held agro, you'd get massive amounts of XP when they died.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man Coirnav brought the fun, we used to kill the trigger all day so Euros couldnt kill on their time. The PoTactics thing was the shit, you would get spells that sold for a mint from those named that charmed mobs would mow down in seconds in the pit too.

kudos

<Banned>
Not sure when it started but I know it lasted until people broke elemental planes in EQ POP.

You could duel in Vex Thal and after killing the other person it would crash the zone for full repop. We farmed the shit out of it.