MMORPGS, what do you miss?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
AAs
Friending some random awesome dude in my 30s and still being able to do content with them at max level.
Time = Skill.
Support classes.
Not having to leave good friends out of raid night because they fucking suck at everything.
Punishment for being a shit human.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I know it doesnt. just because you are the fattest and neck beardest virgin in the basements doesnt mean you are god tier

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Not having to leave good friends out of raid night because they fucking suck at everything.
What is wrong with you.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Items with no level requirement
Items that transcended stat/item levels
Competition for rare monsters and resources
Character progression that doesn't reset every zone/patch/expansion

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I miss being fourteen and being able to neckbeard it without consequence.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ability to kill any NPC, I'm tired of being told who's my enemy and who's my friend.

The uncertainty (invisibility might go off anytime, your spell might fizzle, slow not sticking...etc).

Trains! Enough with this leashed nonsense. I want NPCs to aggro on their way back to their spawn point too.

The Journey. Set us free; don't "tutorial" our ass for a long time. Don't set a pre-defined paths for us. Create a world and let us explore/adventure/meet other people.

Itemization. Stop this Common, Rare, Epic shit. No more level-requirements (or reduce them to few items if necessary).

Getting lost/No Maps; with GPS maps (which is necessary because of how the game is design) is just boring. Can't I just delve into the world and try to see landmarks and using them to direct myself in the world?

That's just to name a few. I know the game I want is not an "MMORPG" more of a "World/Adventure Simulation". Maybe someone will come up with a new genre which scratches that itch.

Molten Core Raider
The ability to have a conversation in a group of people while you hang out and play. The fast pace, short fights are nice sometimes, but i feel like much of the social aspect died when everyone had to spam a button every 1.5 seconds to be playing optimally.

That being said, that doesn't mean I want to return to the days of hour long or longer fights, somewhere there has to be a decent compromise.

Elerion

N00b
AAs that gave you more DPS/HPS/mitigation or critical class abilities were dumb. Infinite grind to have acceptable high end stats - no thanks. AAs which were mainly for convenience were great.
Friending some random awesome dude in my 30s and still being able to do content with them at max level.
Nothing's stopping you in newer MMOs. Of course, you meet less people because you group less, which is a shame.
Time = Skill.
Wat.
Support classes.
When done well, I agree. The enchanter is my all time favorite class. The problem is that pure support classes are nearly impossible to make work in modern raids (max player caps, tightly tuned), since there will always be an optimal number of them to bring, and any surplus will just be wasted. And if there is one thing WoW did unquestionably better than EQ it was raids. Do you remember how fucking boring and unchallenging EQ raids were for 90% of the players?
See above. The EQ model of "tank + CH chain + however many else you want to bring" was fucking terrible. WoW raids, except MC, were a million times more challenging and fun for every member than anything EQ ever did with raids. The challenge and fun in EQ was in groups, not in raids.
Punishment for being a shit human.
Yes.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Being emotionally invested in this ole bullshit.
Having a gearing/character treadmill that doesn't ever really end.
No level requirements on gear.
Good drama.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Mostly I miss MMOs actually having more content and longevity than standard games rather than less. I haven't played an MMO for longer than a month since WoW.

We need to examine the basic principles behind MMOs and what they are supposed to accomplish in the simplest terms, because instant gratification and being done in 3 weeks is not a good foundation to build these games on.