Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I’ve been enjoying this quite a bit. The show was never intended to be some Kaiju-fest. The show as it is, is fine. I think the finale is going to be pretty crazy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I’ve been enjoying this quite a bit. The show was never intended to be some Kaiju-fest. The show as it is, is fine. I think the finale is going to be pretty crazy.
What exactly are you "enjoying'?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
How fucking bad of a writer you must be if you can't make a show with both Godzilla and Jack Burton of Pork Chop Express fame, even remotely entertaining.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Given the Hollow Earth entry we could be looking at a lot more monster action next season. Finale tomorrow, we'll see.

spronk

FPS noob
Loved the finale but yeah its really hard to recommend the show to anyone, its 8 hours of agonizing CW level bad acting/writing teen drama bullshit with 30 minutes of awesome Kaiju action. The last few scenes with Godzilla vs Bat Thing were awesome while every single moment with the 3 zoomer kids was absolute dumpster fire. I just started fast forwarding any time one of the 3 was on screen the last few episodes, I don't think I missed anything.

Its almost criminal to have Kurt, Wyatt, and and Mari (Keiko) in your cast and underutilize them so much, their scenes were so awesome but needed way more of that and way less of angsty kids. I wonder what the show would have looked like if it just was about the 1950s era and the finale flash forwarded to Kurt Russell as a stinger for season 2.

It did feel very constrained by its need to fit into a very, very slim window between Godzilla 2014 ("G-Day") and Godzilla 2019 (Rodan), all the modern day scenes felt weird and underbaked, while the 1950s stuff was fantastic. Hopefully a season 2 can pick up after the new movie.

Really looking forward to the new movie this summer though, this was basically a very, very expensive ad for that especially the last scene lol

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Monarch? Is this show about MKUltra? MusicForFish MusicForFish pls advise
john carpenter magic GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loved the finale but yeah its really hard to recommend the show to anyone, its 8 hours of agonizing CW level bad acting/writing teen drama bullshit with 30 minutes of awesome Kaiju action. The last few scenes with Godzilla vs Bat Thing were awesome while every single moment with the 3 zoomer kids was absolute dumpster fire. I just started fast forwarding any time one of the 3 was on screen the last few episodes, I don't think I missed anything.

Its almost criminal to have Kurt, Wyatt, and and Mari (Keiko) in your cast and underutilize them so much, their scenes were so awesome but needed way more of that and way less of angsty kids. I wonder what the show would have looked like if it just was about the 1950s era and the finale flash forwarded to Kurt Russell as a stinger for season 2.

It did feel very constrained by its need to fit into a very, very slim window between Godzilla 2014 ("G-Day") and Godzilla 2019 (Rodan), all the modern day scenes felt weird and underbaked, while the 1950s stuff was fantastic. Hopefully a season 2 can pick up after the new movie.

Really looking forward to the new movie this summer though, this was basically a very, very expensive ad for that especially the last scene lol

I'd put it on par with Westworld Season 2 in terms of,

you need to skip at least 2-3 full episodes worth of runtime to make this watchable. Which 3 full episodes you choose to cut depends on the viewer, which is what makes it impossible to recommend to anyone.

Tolerance for bad TV varies.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My suggestion for the "Snyder Cut" of this show - first 5 minutes of first episode, second last 5 minutes of last episode.

Done.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
These monsters being real is more believable than a Japanese dude wanting to fuck that deadlocked she-beast

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user