Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

spronk

FPS noob
EP 4 was horrible.

too much kentaro and black chick, they really really really drag the show down hard. scenes without them are great, scenes with them are from a CW show

zoomers probably love them though, they are entitled and whiny as fuck

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah episode 4 was horrible.

Basically entire episode just to be rescued that didn't move the main plot forward, and provided no character development that mattered...on Kentaro is an artist.

The show was mostly good so far but this episode brought it down.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Is this worth my time, is there more than 1 min of monsters per episode or just frantic ppl running around?

spronk

FPS noob
Is this worth my time, is there more than 1 min of monsters per episode or just frantic ppl running around?

only 4 episodes out of 10 have dropped so far so hard to tell. I'm enjoying it but I love godzilla shit. If you fast forward whenever the shitty japanese kid or black girl are on screen its a 8/10 so far. The two of them are 1/10, unfortunately episode 4 is like 70% the two of them.

Kurt Russell is really good in it so far but he's only in it 15 mins in 4 episodes. His son Wyatt plays a younger him and is pretty good and that time period (1950s) is pretty cool, the first 3 episodes are way more in that time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Watched episode 4. Fairly boring for the most part.
I want to like these godzilla movies but they are just to fucking stupid to slog through to watch kaiju.

Pacific rim was perfect for setting up the premise to get to the cool as shit part.

All these trying to shoehorn massive titanic monsters into a ecological scenario is just so cringe

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This show sucks so far. Black chick is even more awful than the Asian daughter.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Four episodes down and not much has happened yet. They did lay a timeline, but I'm not sure that should take four full episodes. I did LOL at the nuclear blast about a quarter mile away from all the navy guys and scientists sitting on lawn chairs watching it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This show sucks so far. Black chick is even more awful than the Asian daughter.
God I hate her so much. This last episode was so fucking horrible. Between Amber on Invincible and this cunt...fuck me.

Asian daughter though...even though she's not what I'd call hot, and it is very likely that there is a pretty rough face hidden underneath all of that makeup, something about her makes me really want to put my peepee in her butthole.

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
God I hate her so much. This last episode was so fucking horrible. Between Amber on Invincible and this cunt...fuck me.

Asian daughter though...even though she's not what I'd call hot, and it is very likely that there is a pretty rough face hidden underneath all of that makeup, something about her makes me really want to put my peepee in her butthole.
Is amber the American Inventor gf of invincible?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did LOL at the nuclear blast about a quarter mile away from all the navy guys and scientists sitting on lawn chairs watching it.
It was further away, but that got scaled bad. In real life, the Castle Bravo nuke was way stronger than they expected (four mile wide fireball) and a bunch of the observers on the adjacent island had to run for cover. Complete shitshow in terms of long term issues with fallout and politics ensued because of how much if fucked up the area. Having said all that, it made for a good cinematic visual.

Show in general is good when black diversity hire and her emo bf are not the focus of anything. There are a lot of directions they can potentially take this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was further away, but that got scaled bad. In real life, the Castle Bravo nuke was way stronger than they expected (four mile wide fireball) and a bunch of the observers on the adjacent island had to run for cover. Complete shitshow in terms of long term issues with fallout and politics ensued because of how much if fucked up the area. Having said all that, it made for a good cinematic visual.

Show in general is good when black diversity hire and her emo bf are not the focus of anything. There are a lot of directions they can potentially take this.
Fair enough but IMO they were still too damn close to a four mile wide fireball. I think the shockwave would have wrecked the lawn chairs.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Turned to shit the last two episodes.
The son wants to bust out singing in the middle of a secret sneak operation into a restricted zone, after just escaping from be caught by soldiers the first time. How fucking stupid can you be.
I can look at the writers and directors in these 5 episodes and the next 5 and point out a problem, but it's whatever at this point. IMDB ratings so far, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 6.2, 5.9

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user