Monkey Man (2024)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Monkey Man (2024)

Tagline: One small ember can burn down everything.

Genre: Thriller, Action

Director: Dev Patel

Cast: Dev Patel, Sharlto Copley, Sobhita Dhulipala, Brahim Achabbakhe, Sikandar Kher, Pitobash, Vipin Sharma, Jino A. Samuel, Nagesh Bhonsle, Adithi Kalkunte, Joseph J.U. Taylor, Reva Marchellin, Alona Vykydanets, Dayangku Zyana, Anup J. Patel, Andres Levi, Jeremy Tauziac, Pehan Abdul, Fahad Scale

Release: 2024-04-05

Plot: An unlikely hero emerges from prison to take on a world enmeshed in corporate greed and eroding spiritual values. He seeks revenge from those who took everything from him many years ago.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I really hate bollywood movies, but this actually looks pretty good - no dance numbers, no ridiculous CGI, no bollywood overacting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

critic rushing to post his review to be the first to drop the rating

Computer Working GIF

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks pretty good. I will watch this when it arrives on whatever streaming service carries it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know why but I've wanted Dev in more movies. I still enjoy Slumdog Millionaire

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Saw this tonight. Really fucking good

While John Wick may have been the spark for the initial idea, it's way more deep than that. Even tho at it's core it's an action revenge movie.

It's chaotic. Intense. Feverish. Dirty.

Not a moment wasted. Meticulously shot.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This makes me think some kind of Bollywood cyberpunk movie could be fucking awesome. With that amount of shady tech shit in that country, how is that not a bigger thing?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still need to watch The Green Knight with Patel again, don't remember ever finishing it. All I remember it was a much different movie than I was expecting

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It looks good. I don't mind bollywood movies. I went to college with a lot of indians. I studied with them so I saw there movies.

• 1Picard

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck I thought I was hallucinating or something when I watched this trailer. I knew I had already seen the movie, but it said it didn't release until this month. So I did some research and saw it was filmed years ago and Netflix passed on it. That spurred me to check through my emails, and sure enough, it was a Netflix Preview Club movie I watched in Nov. of 2022. According to wikipedia, Jordan Peele bought it and fixed it up a little, so perhaps it is better now, but it was pretty dogshit when I watched it. Like it wanted to be a combination of Raid and John Wick but with Buddhist vibes. And failed on all counts. I guess others agreed with me when we gave our feedback because Netflix literally dumped it after showing it to us.

I won't ever watch it again to see if it got better, as it sucked the first time around and that was enough for me, but if the skeleton of that movie is still here, man, I dunno. It was boring and bad.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database