Monster Hunter Rise

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure I am going to try and stick with Switch Axe but holy shit light bow gun looks awesome. Was bow main in world, with a little SnS and hammer thrown in and then HBG in iceborne.
Don't get burned out for PC release. Gonna get the crew back together with big daddy Brahma Brahma (if hes not touring as a bass player by then).

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Don't get burned out for PC release. Gonna get the crew back together with big daddy Brahma Brahma (if hes not touring as a bass player by then).
No worries I hate the switch button layout so much I look forward to PC release. Pro controller or not doesn’t matter fuck where they put ABXY.

• 2Solidarity

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The port isn't until 2022? I don't know if I can be that patient, but I really hate playing any game that will likely drop to 12fps on the switch.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would hope there aren't any fps drops considering how much they sacrificed the video resolution even in docked mode.

As for the port, IIRC Nintendo paid for 9 month exclusivity so very early 2022 sounds about right.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The port isn't until 2022? I don't know if I can be that patient, but I really hate playing any game that will likely drop to 12fps on the switch.
The Foundry video said it was pretty stable at 30, with only occasional very small dips. That said they only tested the first 2 areas, and sometimes the later areas can be more demanding, or the later monster(MHW when you got Teostra or Kushala for example). Don't know about the final product but it seems they did a decent job with the game on the Switch(although obviously it's still 30FPS not 60, and even then the resolution is pretty bad).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man everywhere said midnight ET but now they saying between 3am and some time tomorrow afternoon? The fuck Eshop whats with the weak sauce?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Never played a Monster Hunter game before and waiting for my physical copy to come today. Is there a weapon that tends to be good for people new to these games? Or is basically everything pretty balanced and play what you like?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Never played a Monster Hunter game before and waiting for my physical copy to come today. Is there a weapon that tends to be good for people new to these games? Or is basically everything pretty balanced and play what you like?
Sword and shield or bow, try them all though something will click.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
football laugh loud GIF by Hertha BSC

You probably just need to test all the weapons and find out what feels good for you as they vary in playstyles pretty drastically.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I disliked Greatsword in World. But the spiderman web makes it really appealing.

Hunting Horn looks badass in this one too.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I disliked Greatsword in World. But the spiderman web makes it really appealing.

Hunting Horn looks badass in this one too.
Can't wait to try HH. The fact that you can go straight into playing all songs at once is $$.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As mentionned, MH weapon choice is very much a matter of taste, you might pick up a weapon and hate it, and switch to a few different weapons until you find the one that clicks for you. Then possibly later you'll go back to the weapons you hated and will find they're actually fun now that you don't suck at the game anymore.

Weapons tend to be somewhat balanced, for speedruns there's usually some outlier shit but often they require speedrun perfection bullshit to actually make that good so hardly a concern.

Usually the recommended starting weapons would be Dual Blades(fast as fuck so you can get used to animation locks and stuff, fun, very simple), Long Sword(still pretty fast, has iframes to just ignore shit, stylish) and Hammer(slow and heavy unlike the others, but easy to hit attacks with the super wide swings, can KO stuff and is pretty simple to use overall).

Sword and Shield used to be a newcomer weapon but with the Iceborne changes(which are in this too), I don't know if that's the case not sure what the motion values are in Rise. It's still probably ok to do the story with even without going deep into it though, the main melee chain is infinite and has virtually no commitment and there's almost no sheathe time which makes SnS easy to just poke at stuff with 0 risk.

Mind you if you want to try other stuff, everything's fine too, it just takes a bit longer getting used to like Charge Blade or Insect Glaive than some other stuff.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
There is only one weapon chance and that is hammer. Nothing is more satisfying and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised Jin Furai isn't all over this in thread. He was breaking world records in this game.

• 2Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I love the changes to the Switch Axe move set. I mained it for 3U, 4U and Generations, but switched to HBG for World as they made the controls not suck finally. But maaaaan, the new combo that allows you to transfer the Phial to the axe mode is great. Really opens up the playstyle.

I have been crafting the HBG's up to where I am (only at 2 star Hub, 3 Star Village), but I haven't actually touched it yet. Having too much fun axing.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
You guys were right, hammer is fun as fuck. Not that far in but smashing shit is so satisfying.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are people sure that there will be a port to PC for this? All I've seen is that leak where it showed limited exclusivity, and as such people assumed it would be on PC as well.

Hoping we will hear something about a sequel to MH:World soon. It's been out for 4 years now. With it's success I am guessing it didn't take long at all for a sequel to be greenlit. So assuming that development of a sequel to that game started at least right after Iceborne, if not before, 2022/23 would fit as a release year. 3-4 years to make?

Would be kind of strange to release this on PC and start marketing World 2 at the same time. Though of course if the time between the releases is long enough, they'd undoubtedly make a lot of profit porting this. I just hope that a port of this for PC won't delay World 2, as it very well might if Capcom wanted to give more time to sell copies of a sub par version of a directly competing product. Nobody would buy a port of Rise instead of World 2 if both options were on the PC/next gen consoles and released at the same time. Once World 2 hits, Rise sales would drop to basically zero. But it can keep selling forever as a Switch exclusive since World 2 will never be ported to it.

No idea on how easy it is to make content shared between the Switch and PC, but would be strange to keep updating Rise on PC once people just stopped playing it because World 2 came out. Make more sense to just have two teams. One to keep developing content/DLC/expansions for Rise on Switch then one for next gen/PC.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Are people sure that there will be a port to PC for this? All I've seen is that leak where it showed limited exclusivity, and as such people assumed it would be on PC as well.

Hoping we will hear something about a sequel to MH:World soon. It's been out for 4 years now. With it's success I am guessing it didn't take long at all for a sequel to be greenlit. So assuming that development of a sequel to that game started at least right after Iceborne, if not before, 2022/23 would fit as a release year. 3-4 years to make?

Would be kind of strange to release this on PC and start marketing World 2 at the same time. Though of course if the time between the releases is long enough, they'd undoubtedly make a lot of profit porting this. I just hope that a port of this for PC won't delay World 2, as it very well might if Capcom wanted to give more time to sell copies of a sub par version of a directly competing product. Nobody would buy a port of Rise instead of World 2 if both options were on the PC/next gen consoles and released at the same time. Once World 2 hits, Rise sales would drop to basically zero. But it can keep selling forever as a Switch exclusive since World 2 will never be ported to it.

No idea on how easy it is to make content shared between the Switch and PC, but would be strange to keep updating Rise on PC once people just stopped playing it because World 2 came out. Make more sense to just have two teams. One to keep developing content/DLC/expansions for Rise on Switch then one for next gen/PC.

So , the MH Team is seperate from the other game devs of Capcom.

Nothing on World2 yet(I think we might hear something at TGS this year, MH is HUGE in japan) but at the same time Rona so who knows were everything stands..

Also , Monster Hunter Rise coming to PC in early 2022 >.< yes I'm gonna wait for PC release no I'm not interested in a fucking switch still.