Monster Hunter Series

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
You're not too late. I'm taking this nice and slow. 7* offline and HR5 online after like 50 days. Most people are well into Grank.
Nice! I am working on 8* offline, almost at 9 I think. I haven't played much online though yet, so only HR3 so far. I just love this game. Really looking forward to the online part. Just wish my noob friends would play. I bet it is awesome with a good group.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Finished the single player campaign and just reached HR 7. Noticed that the pugs get way worse here. I had problems with G-rank people dying like flies on Shagaru Magala and it does not seem better on the Akantor. I just pug stuff, so the skill level is all over the place :p Really impressed of the gameplay value. Up to 80 hours of gameplay so far! :)

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Finished the single player campaign and just reached HR 7. Noticed that the pugs get way worse here. I had problems with G-rank people dying like flies on Shagaru Magala and it does not seem better on the Akantor. I just pug stuff, so the skill level is all over the place :p Really impressed of the gameplay value. Up to 80 hours of gameplay so far! :)
Wait... how did you finish single? I stopped getting quests for Caravan 10 after a while, I assumed that I had to progress through online G-Rank. Also, 200 hours played and just starting G-1.... I literally have 20 Switch Axes, one for every occasion and sometimes two!

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Wait... how did you finish single? I stopped getting quests for Caravan 10 after a while, I assumed that I had to progress through online G-Rank. Also, 200 hours played and just starting G-1.... I literally have 20 Switch Axes, one for every occasion and sometimes two!
Sorry, by "finishing single" I meant I unlocked the level 2 wystones and ended the threat :p From what I understand that's the end of the story?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, by "finishing single" I meant I unlocked the level 2 wystones and ended the threat :p From what I understand that's the end of the story?
There are side stories after that, the main one being trying to get your waifu (guildmarm)'s book published by the hunters guild. She sends you on increasingly pain in the ass hunts. Ending with Chaotic Gore Magala I believe, you can also unlock Apex Seregios & Chameleos (G Rank) and an HR version of Crimson Fatalis. Plus G Rank Monoblos and White Monoblos are only in the Caravan.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
There are side stories after that, the main one being trying to get your waifu (guildmarm)'s book published by the hunters guild. She sends you on increasingly pain in the ass hunts. Ending with Chaotic Gore Magala I believe, you can also unlock Apex Seregios & Chameleos (G Rank) and an HR version of Crimson Fatalis. Plus G Rank Monoblos and White Monoblos are only in the Caravan.
Ah nice! My goal now is to get to G rank and get a decent set. I really wish they made a better chat system. I hate writing on the 3DS.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me and a buddy (well 2 but one is bitching up right now) got this game and love it (m4u).

It might be one of the best games I've played in a long time. I can't wait for MHO to come to PC.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Me and a buddy (well 2 but one is bitching up right now) got this game and love it (m4u).

It might be one of the best games I've played in a long time. I can't wait for MHO to come to PC.
Yeah it is really something special. Is it official that MHO is coming to the west?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it is really something special. Is it official that MHO is coming to the west?
MHO is a china only game.

Monster Hunter: Frontier 2 is rumored to be announced worldwide at E3, because of a push of the game into the west. But thats just something I heard through the rumor mill. I'm giving it like a 3% chance of actually happening.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
After 150 hours of playing this game it is starting to feel like I have had enough. Finished Gogmazios and got my G-special permit. Yeah sure I can grind for G-Crown stuff, but the constant pugging is zzzzzzz. 150 hours for a game is pretty nice though. Definitely a kick ass game :)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Monster Hunter X (cross) just announced in a JP Nintendo Direct - it looks like it takes content from all 4 main series, plus new stuff.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The new stuff looks amazing as usual. Super abilities for all the weapons, 4 flagship monsters (Mammoth and T-Rex, fuckkkkk), all weapons have 4(?) playstyles, new towns and areas to hunt.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
My body is ready! Too bad it is probably a 2016 release for US/EU :-(
Yeah most likely next Winter considering the first game will be this Winter for JP.

Luckily MH4U is still receiving plenty of new content, though they need some of the badass endgame monsters still. Black Fatalis wru?