Monster Hunter: World

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Discord just forces common courtesy by allowing you to set channels to force PTT. Having to hear every sniffle / cough / whisper / nibble / scratch / taking a shit because someone is too lazy to push a button kills me personally.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Discord just forces common courtesy by allowing you to set channels to force PTT. Having to hear every sniffle / cough / whisper / nibble / scratch / taking a shit because someone is too lazy to push a button kills me personally.

I don't understand how people are so goddamn stupid when it comes to open microphones. I used PTT for 15+ years and just recently switched to having it open but I set it so I pretty much have to be talking at a normal volume, it doesn't pick up keyboard clicks, and I have my stream deck with a mute microphone button I can push on the fly if I have to cough or my kid comes in.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
NOPE NO PC FOR THIS GUY SORRY.
just announced on Japanese mhw twitter:

Starting August 10th
Arch tempered kushala daora

2 weeks later
Arch Tempered teostra

At some point
"Extreme" behemoth

Contentttttttttttt
I'll hang with you dudes in discord even though I'll be on PS4.

Can't start from zero again man!
Enjoy the game on the second-tier platform, peasants.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
When it catches up I'll hop on dont be so mean!

You love to compete like I do it seems, you know the PC is going to be much more populated compared to PS4 which means more baddies for you to check.

Cant be the best unless you go up against the best, come own both versions homie :)

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You love to compete like I do it seems, you know the PC is going to be much more populated compared to PS4 which means more baddies for you to check.

Cant be the best unless you go up against the best, come own both versions homie :)

Not sure about that homie the main playerbase are Japs. Japs don't PC game.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

There's about to be an America invasion of us, this game has all of my PC friends in Discord really excited. I was just assuming since PC sales are larger than PS4 in general that there would be more of a player base. Personally I like grinding and didnt mind the grind up to 100 at all, looking forward to trying another weapon now that I somewhat have a clue of what to do.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In the documents they made public about their fiscal year results, they said they had 85+% of their playerbase overseas. That does include China, and it's for overall Capcom, not MHW specifically, so stuff like Street Fighter 30y aniversary and Resident Evil 7 mixed in. That said, I'd be surprised if Japan is even 25% of the total amount of players on MHW. The numbers for japan sales have been shittier and shittier for traditional video games, and handheld games are the only thing that kind held. Hell even the anime tiddies games barely sell more in Japan than they do in the west on vita/steam(although the japan sales account for probably more since a lot of people buy the special editions).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand how people are so goddamn stupid when it comes to open microphones. I used PTT for 15+ years and just recently switched to having it open but I set it so I pretty much have to be talking at a normal volume, it doesn't pick up keyboard clicks, and I have my stream deck with a mute microphone button I can push on the fly if I have to cough or my kid comes in.

Yea, I'm not sure how people haven't figured out that their mic has different levels, especially on Discord. I used to be the push to talk guy, for sure, but since being on Discord, I have an open mic with levels set correctly. And I flip my mic boom up to mute myself before I cough, sneeze, kid starts screaming. It's fucking common sense.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yea, I'm not sure how people haven't figured out that their mic has different levels, especially on Discord. I used to be the push to talk guy, for sure, but since being on Discord, I have an open mic with levels set correctly. And I flip my mic boom up to mute myself before I cough, sneeze, kid starts screaming. It's fucking common sense.
I have levels set + push to toggle vs push to talk. Best of each.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume it's the same people who speak loudly in restaurants, listen to music on speakers instead of headphones, hold their phones in front of their mouth with speaker on, chew their food with their mouth wide open and so on. It isn't really surprising that some people are utterly clueless about setting up discord properly when they can't even be bothered doing it in real life either.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assume it's the same people who speak loudly in restaurants, listen to music on speakers instead of headphones, hold their phones in front of their mouth with speaker on, chew their food with their mouth wide open and so on. It isn't really surprising that some people are utterly clueless about setting up discord properly when they can't even be bothered doing it in real life either.

Honestly its not that bad with most people from FoH, the worst offenders are my Path of Exile guildies. Like you said though its mainly pigs / people without manners.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Man, Behemoth is a beast such an awesome fight,(can't wait for Rathian in 14 either)

• 1Like