Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why can't I put the tier 3 gems in those pants then?
Told you last time, look at the icon on the sockets. Small ones with one triangle means you can put a lvl 1 gem in it, medium with 2 triangles lvl 2, large one with 3 triangles lvl 3 gem. The gem themselves are also shaped like this.

Level of the gear has nothing to do with sockets, the sockets are always the same. They only differ between the version alpha and beta of gear(with beta having more or better sockets at the cost of less skills on it). Also there's a weapon augment that can add a socket but that's pretty lategame, and generally not so good from what I've seen people do.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
@a_skeleton_00 I think you should stream more, and make dat streamer money. Ninja was nothing until peeps started seeing how good he was at Fortnite. Peeps start seeing how good you are at MHW, you would blow up over night!!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right under the name is current level, any armor set can reach the same defense if upgraded, rarity level doens't matter just needs more spheres. All about the bonuses you want.
Are you saying a r6 armor piece is going to have the same Def as a r8, when both are fully upgraded? As far as I remember, a piece of armor has a limited number of times it can be upgraded, so the r8 -should- have higher max Def, just like it has higher base Def.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you saying a r6 armor piece is going to have the same Def as a r8, when both are fully upgraded? As far as I remember, a piece of armor has a limited number of times it can be upgraded, so the r8 -should- have higher max Def, just like it has higher base Def.
The lower armor will just have more upgrades to reach the same amount, but since it also takes less points to upgrade per level, it's not that bad.

Finally unlocked tempered elder dragons, first 2 I got from doing the quest gave me teostra, then teostra gave me 2 other teostra. Guess I'm going to be living in magma area for a while, fight isn't hard just I don't think I need anything from this guy. I guess I could use gems for augments.

I crafted the Legiana pierce HBG since I wanted to check out HBG, don't have a gem for the last tier but it seems to not make much of a difference, did some tempered bagelgooze, very nice stuff, very easy to play. I'll just use that for annoying to melee stuff. Only had to craft a couple pieces of armor to change things since I don't need handicraft.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Different gear has different max defense stats when fully upgraded, an Urugaan Chest Piece will not reach 92 Defense but a Kulve Chest will.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I spent last night a couple hours just reading. Going back and forth in game figuring out shit. 95% of the stats are explained in game! But HTF as something as important as gem slots have this shitty little exclamation icon as an indication on the fuckin gem level it accepts? Even with you guys beating me over the head with it I'm still pissy about it! I plea the wookie defense.

Still fuzzy on the melding. I can't access the 300 recipes yet.

You see this shitty ass shit below? Ya...it's shitty. Shitty ass exclamation point icon.

Slot.jpg

Doing SOS stuff? This shit is so hit or miss. I just don't see HTF people die on these monsters when you had to learn the fights to progress.

Since I am in farm mode, I decided to just putz around with gear. I went with a Roar nullification. OMFG! This makes the game so much more fun!!! I can get off my long ass combos. Reposition at will...I'm just going to look for a decent build around that for now, until I can get my optimal gear.

Anyone want to farm that fire lion Teostra? I need his gem.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I spent last night a couple hours just reading. Going back and forth in game figuring out shit. 95% of the stats are explained in game! But HTF as something as important as gem slots have this shitty little exclamation icon as an indication on the fuckin gem level it accepts? Even with you guys beating me over the head with it I'm still pissy about it! I plea the wookie defense.

Still fuzzy on the melding. I can't access the 300 recipes yet.

You see this shitty ass shit below? Ya...it's shitty. Shitty ass exclamation point icon.

View attachment 173957

Doing SOS stuff? This shit is so hit or miss. I just don't see HTF people die on these monsters when you had to learn the fights to progress.

Since I am in farm mode, I decided to just putz around with gear. I went with a Roar nullification. OMFG! This makes the game so much more fun!!! I can get off my long ass combos. Reposition at will...I'm just going to look for a decent build around that for now, until I can get my optimal gear.

Anyone want to farm that fire lion Teostra? I need his gem.

I ran Earplugs early on too. But after you come to the realization that you need at least Earplugs 4 for it to do any good... and that just takes up gear and decoration slots for way more useful shit you just learn to live without it. Rocksteady and Temporal Mantle take it's place.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I ran Earplugs early on too. But after you come to the realization that you need at least Earplugs 4 for it to do any good... and that just takes up gear and decoration slots for way more useful shit you just learn to live without it. Rocksteady and Temporal Mantle take it's place.

Ya...I'm at 5 with the Bazel helm and coil, and some High Metal Breast plate. I figured it would be a temp thing until I can get real gear built up.

Bazel.jpg

Crone

So been running noob bone armor for a while, and then I went to the smithy and realized I could make all this different armor! Basically all the armor from the different monsters I had killed. So I made a full new set mixed and matched from different monsters. Defense went through the fucking roof!

Did I do it right? Or should I have upgraded something else.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya...I'm at 5 with the Bazel helm and coil, and some High Metal Breast plate. I figured it would be a temp thing until I can get real gear built up.

Im down for Teostra anytime, have 30+ of every tempered elder dragon with 3-5 rewards and saved some non tempered elder investigations for friends who arent HR50 either. I need both just lmk anytime.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I played with a few IRL bros last night against Nergigante. It seemed like it was much harder to get status effects and breaks on him. I read that his HP is increased by 2.2x in multiplayer which is fine, but he still seemed a lot harder beyond that and it felt like I could solo him more easily than kill him in a group. OTOH multiplayer is way more fun.

Are there some non-obvious group strats that make multiplayer a clearly superior strategy for non-speed run kills? Like, in addition to calling out whatever CCs, not hitting each other, dropping heal clouds etc.

Evernothing

Tuco Tuco Use traps to restrain the monster during the fight so that everyone can pile the damage on. Each player can carry 1 shock trap and ingredients to craft more.

Each time you use a trap the monster will break free more quickly though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
is this game playable with kb/mouse? any suggestions for changing settings so it doesn't feel so clunky?

Evernothing

So been running noob bone armor for a while, and then I went to the smithy and realized I could make all this different armor! Basically all the armor from the different monsters I had killed. So I made a full new set mixed and matched from different monsters. Defense went through the fucking roof!

I think you are on the right path. I went from full bone to Barroth to Tobi-Kadachi. Then I mixed and matched some pieces. Some Baan, Horenetaur Chest for when you are in Rotten Vale etc. Last night I worked up to Anjanath and Odagaron set mix so I can farm some of the higher fire based guys.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

So you didn't know one of the coolest things about MH until just recently?! You are good, eventually you will settle into a weapon and look into what skills you want etc.

Was talking to Regime last night in discord and I realized that MHW is my favorite game of all time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
is this game playable with kb/mouse? any suggestions for changing settings so it doesn't feel so clunky?

For melee? I would honestly just switch to a controller, or spend the time rebinding keys to what makes sense to you. For ranged change right click to aim/reticle and that really makes it feel better.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I played with a few IRL bros last night against Nergigante. It seemed like it was much harder to get status effects and breaks on him. I read that his HP is increased by 2.2x in multiplayer which is fine, but he still seemed a lot harder beyond that and it felt like I could solo him more easily than kill him in a group. OTOH multiplayer is way more fun.

Are there some non-obvious group strats that make multiplayer a clearly superior strategy for non-speed run kills? Like, in addition to calling out whatever CCs, not hitting each other, dropping heal clouds etc.

Yes everyone has to be on point to stagger when grouped, and if everyone has different weapons the way to get there is those that cut go for the tail, those that stagger go for the head, those that are ranged help out those that can stagger. Or go easy mode and all equip rocksteady mantle and cluster bomb.

Last edited: