Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone happen to be having issues with MP this morning? I just get the same error whenever trying to find an SoS (even with no preference setting).

Yes.

Anyone know why I cant equip this Brace jewel 3?

Gem.jpg

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying out SnS and it seems to do more damage than my HBG, Bow, or any other weapon I've tried. I get under a mob, and hold Control so that I'm blocking, and then just spam left/right mouse buttons. I'm not pulling off any sweet combos, but I'm slicing and dicing like crazy. So it's not that SNS does more damage, but for my play style it seems to be doing a lot more damage.

Might try out Gunlance again, because that one is hella fun to be beating on a mob, and then decide to jack him in the face with a shotgun blast!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dodogama Greaves...Alpha or beta?
You want the capcity boost and the blast attack is pretty poop on most weapons, so beta generally. Not sure if your weapon has blast damage or not.

Yes.

Anyone know why I cant equip this Brace jewel 3?

View attachment 173815

You don't have a lvl 3 socket, all your stuff is lvl 1 other than your chest which is lvl 2. The icons for the sockets show what level they are with little triangles at the bottom. You can check various beta armor to see what tier 3 looks like, especially elder dragon beta stuff for example of tier 3.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
HR44 and I just got my first Mind's Eye and Attack decoration.

Never got either on PS4 in ~350hrs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like the 3-piece Kirin set bonus, too bad we can't capture Elders, but its great for running tempered investigations that you can capture.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going from SA to HBG on the double bazel fight was such a LOL moment. Boy you could really say melee get fucked in certain fights in this game. But man Pierce build is boring. Thinking about trying out the Teostra or Blazooka HBG. Those look way more fun to play. Or maybe even a Nergi shotgun to the face build.

Although Pierce on Xeno is pretty funny. Nothing like hitting her like 20 times with one shot.

EDIT: In other news I got my elementless and weakness exploit gems in my first couple SI's. Yes. I feel like a scumbag.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are a Monster Hunter fan buy it. If you have never played the series I'd wait until they patch the fucking online shit. Luckily my bias is super strong and can get past it but it's been knocking my casual friends interest lower and lower each time it happens.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
To save myself 134 pages of reading....this worth buying now or waiting for a sale?

Yes, buy it. My GOTY. I REALLY like this game.

The online play is hit or miss whether you can even connect. Doesn't matter to me anyway, because I would probably play solo regardless, unless with friends.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Cool video on how to get those research commission tickets, which are needed for level 3 charms and in the future for the lunastra weapon upgrades.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To save myself 134 pages of reading....this worth buying now or waiting for a sale?
Excellent game, but two things to think about. Is your computer strong enough? Any config below the "recommended" spec is going to have issues with graphical quality. Multiplayer connectivity at the moment is pretty spotty, at times you can play MP without issue for hours and hours, at other times you'll be getting "session disconnects" a lot.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone that is into PC gaming beyond farmville should buy this game.

It isn't my favorite genre and I generally dislike real-time combat in favor of turn based (FF dun goofed). The UI is momma june levels of ass, setting up multiplayer is the most unintuitive shit I've ever seen, and everyone in this thread is beter at it then me.

Its still GOTY as far as I am concerned.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
jesus Jin, you gonna do the Tournament next year ? (you would probably smash everyone there), + free trip too Japan to smash over there rofl...

• 1Like