Monster Hunter: World

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Here is hoping all this is slowly building towards an MMO. Either way, glad they're providing more support and an actual expansion for like the first time ever.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Was pretty excited until I saw it comes out near end of 2019. Then again maybe I'll want to put more than an hour or so to kill the latest monster like I've been doing since completing everything after launch.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Here is hoping all this is slowly building towards an MMO. Either way, glad they're providing more support and an actual expansion for like the first time ever.

First ever in the US ya ... and yes there are MMO MH's they are a real pain in the ass to get into, Frontier(Japanese Only, IP Region Locked even if you found a good VPN, so laggy. Fun but very old school.) Don't even type in english, unless you are in a english based hunting group, easy ban.

MH:Online Ran by TenCent , language patches are available but don't tell anyone you are using it, this is actually the same game engine as MHW, not as many QOL changes but there is a basic weapon arts system...( people started data minining the whole client, so they ended up encrypting, made future english patches a pain until they could crack the encryption.) Also includes the Kut-kureX ...(yes it will kick your fucking ass)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm going to need a guide at some point for what to do next for people who played the main story mission, ground Teostra like 50 times and never got a gem, and then stopped playing.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
First ever in the US ya ... and yes there are MMO MH's they are a real pain in the ass to get into, Frontier(Japanese Only, IP Region Locked even if you found a good VPN, so laggy. Fun but very old school.) Don't even type in english, unless you are in a english based hunting group, easy ban.

MH:Online Ran by TenCent , language patches are available but don't tell anyone you are using it, this is actually the same game engine as MHW, not as many QOL changes but there is a basic weapon arts system...( people started data minining the whole client, so they ended up encrypting, made future english patches a pain until they could crack the encryption.) Also includes the Kut-kureX ...(yes it will kick your fucking ass)

Yeah I played Frontier for awhile. Super fun, but the Japanese only killed my immersion and understanding.

I'm going to need a guide at some point for what to do next for people who played the main story mission, ground Teostra like 50 times and never got a gem, and then stopped playing.

Depending on what weapon you used will mostly determine that and what to farm. There have been some significant new fights but some are rotational like Kulve. Lunastra would probably be the next obvious fight but you'd want good armor (max or close to max def) and weapon.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I played Frontier for awhile. Super fun, but the Japanese only killed my immersion and understanding.

Depending on what weapon you used will mostly determine that and what to farm. There have been some significant new fights but some are rotational like Kulve. Lunastra would probably be the next obvious fight but you'd want good armor (max or close to max def) and weapon.

Gunlance with "I can block everything" mode enabled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Gunlance with "I can block everything" mode enabled.

Pretty much Kulve Taroth is going to have your best weapon for every barrel type. Unfortunately, Gunlance is one of the few weapons I haven't had the pleasure of playing.

My guess and what little knowledge I have of it is if you play a defensive style build, you'll probably want a couple pieces of Lunastra, Vaal, and Bazel.

Something like -

Luna B helm
Bazel B Chest
Vaal B Arms
Vaal G Waist
Luna B Legs
Ironside Charm for your Guard

Fill in the rest of your slots for artillery, minds eye, or whatever else you like. From there you'll just have to figure out what weapon you want. If Kulve is around, look up a guide and then do that. If not, then maybe Zorah or Deviljho are your best choices currently. Maybe, like I said I'm a gunlance noob.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
If you do all the weekly bounties, you get a golden wyvern ticket that you can exchange with the melder for any one of the elder dragon gems. It's also a lot easier to get the gems from monsters with more listed rewards (the boxes next to the investigation).

And yeah, you definitely want to do KT if you want gunlances.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Autumn is really far, and PC delayed release really sucks, I get why the original release did but surely they can do the PC port in parallel this time and not have several months worth of delay. We'll see maybe it'll be just a month or something that'd be ok, but annoying nonetheless.

AT KT can suck a dick. I'll just be using a mod to get the weapons if they're any good(and they probably will be OP), fuck doing KT though shit's terrible, and doing KT "special hard phase that you have to make sure to activate before you kill her" so you can SOMETIMES get rarer tokens that still probably have over 50% chance of dropping the old weapons? Fuck that noise.

Still happy about the game so far but that's a lot of nothing until the expansion since apparently AT Nergi is the last AT mob and presumably the last additional content until then.

A lot of nothing? AT kulve has more new weapons than every monster combined post release. Just because you dont do Kulve or find it stupid doesnt mean theres no content.

The fact its "harder" to get thess iridescent items is good because I see no reason the hardest quests shouldn't have the best rewards. Should good loot come from something you can do right away solo, like the Wyvern Ignition issue that broke GS?

I don't see a problem with rare loot whatsoever from playing MMOs my whole life.

AT Kulve has 7 new weapons for each weapon type, 7x14, all top tier, and you think thats bad?

AT Nerg will be here in February, Appreciation Festival in January, AT Kulve with the biggest loot table in 9 days, and a full expansion in august equivalent to the size of their previous G rank or Ultimates, so 10 to 15 new monsters plus new attacka for all old ones.

I am super happy and super hyped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of nothing? AT kulve has more new weapons than every monster combined post release. Just because you dont do Kulve or find it stupid doesnt mean theres no content.

The fact its "harder" to get thess iridescent items is good because I see no reason the hardest quests shouldn't have the best rewards. Should good loot come from something you can do right away solo, like the Wyvern Ignition issue that broke GS?

I don't see a problem with rare loot whatsoever from playing MMOs my whole life.

AT Kulve has 7 new weapons for each weapon type, 7x14, all top tier, and you think thats bad?

AT Nerg will be here in February, Appreciation Festival in January, AT Kulve with the biggest loot table in 9 days, and a full expansion in august equivalent to the size of their previous G rank or Ultimates, so 10 to 15 new monsters plus new attacka for all old ones.

I am super happy and super hyped.
Adding new weapons to Kulve isn't content though? Like I don't consider adding gear content. Kulve itself is the content, the gear is the reward for clearing the content. They're adding new rewards sure, but that's hardly new content. And KT loot system is terrible.

And good loot came from stuff you can solo for everything else. Lunastra weapons are better than some KT weapons, and that can be done solo. It doesn't mean you just go in and smash some trash mobs and get the weapon in 5mins like rocket GS, you still need to RNG gems, but you know that once you get a gem, you can craft the weapon you want. You want the lance, you get the lance, you want the HBG, you get the HBG. Then you farm it more, to get more gems, to get more of the weapons. You still get the weapons you want in a reasonable amount of time, it's not instant and it's still RNG, but you get to pick your weapons. That's how literally everything else in the game works.

Not sure how it's not obvious how KT and normal weapons are different and how KT is way worse. You can run it 200times and still never get the weapon you want. You'll get every other weapon maybe, but not the one you want. Or maybe it is literally like the rocket GS and you run it once and the weapon you want drops. Shit doesn't even require you to know the fight or anything either, you can drop in a session that's in progress, find a pursuit 4 group with an open spot, kinda wiggle your weapons in KT's general direction, she dies super easily because pursuit levels are dumb and now you got your BiS. Don't need to farm other materials or even learn the fight really.

I do expect the AT version to pose more of a challenge hopefully, and maybe force people to get pursuit 6 or whatever, but the loot system is still dumb.

And I meant lots of nothing until the expansion, after AT Nergi. Which is most likely going to be 4-6months before the expansion. They said spring for Nergi(which is already a few months after AT KT), and autumn for the expansion. Not sure where you got august for the expansion, august isn't autumn. I'd expect november or so.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The rewards should be better for NOT redoing KT into pursuit level 6 before killing. As it is, if you're pursuit level 3 or lower, most groups reset. There should be some incentive for killing the harder/hardest version

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
You also just explained how the KT loot system is terrible by saying the ability to drop in and out for loot is bad? This is like the #1 mechanic behind games like diablo3 and divinity2.

*they sold millions*

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No fucking way. That HAS to be a fan made video.
I'm thinking you won't be running as Geralt, unless they have a system where you "become" Geralt for his quests, then receive his armor after they are done.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At Kulve has new attacks, new moveset, new mechanic, and new rewards.

Nope no content.
I didn't say AT KT wasn't new content, I said the weapons weren't content. As for no new content at all, I didn't say that either, you said that I did which isn't really the same thing, I said after this wave of content, there's nothing until the expansion which is pretty far away, in autumn. Which btw, starts in late september, august is summer, so not sure how that one will work out.

They have a few pieces of content for early next year, and then nothing for probably 5-6months, which is a pretty long time.

And the systems you compare to KT loot are way different. KT has forced grouping, KT takes like 15mins for a few chances to roll for the loot, KT is boring as shit to play and isn't the main loop of the game, MHW isn't Diablo(or even further, Divinity).

The best thing it compares to is a greater rift loot in Diablo 3. 15mins of gameplay then a little bit of loot at the end. However D3 guarantees many legendaries at the end(rather than give you a large amount of blues, rares and a couple of legendaries, at least at high GR) as well as gem progression(so you always get something useful) and the drops are tailored to your class, you don't get Paladin weapons when farming on your DH. On top of that, all that loot is also accessible via normal rifts, which have better more efficient droprates, and can be chanced with blood shards.

D2 isn't really even in the same ballpark, since you can trade for the items you need and the runs are faster. And again in both cases, you're playing the actual game, and getting rewarded random shit. KT feels very "off" compared to the main MHW loop, the whole meta system of pursuit and other group progress, the whole damage only counts if you break things, so it only counts on the head in the "kill" run, no investigations, no invasions, only one area which plays out always the same.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's a free trial available for this on consoles for Dec 11th-16th, and it was cracked on PC last week allowing for solo play, if anyone was interested in the game but wanted to try before buying.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

The game is so segmented into rooms it'd never make it. Unless of course they work it into their marketing:

Monster Hunter World...of Rooms! - The MMO

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user