Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
9mzkz8qr8tv11.png

AT Xeno'Jiiva snore.

No dlc no new monster zzzz.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On my first Kulve run I got Tarroth Assault "Icewater" best water HBG and Tarroth Sword "Spark" best thunder LS apparently.

I've heard the water HBG is really good to break her horns, so yay me I guess?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On my first Kulve run I got Tarroth Assault "Icewater" best water HBG and Tarroth Sword "Spark" best thunder LS apparently.

I've heard the water HBG is really good to break her horns, so yay me I guess?

LBG is the way to go. There's a really clutch Kulve LBG I forget the name of. Other than that the Empress LBG is the bees knees for Kulve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...is elemental OK on gunlance? I got the rarity 8 sleep gunlance. It's hidden so I want to know if its worth it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok...is elemental OK on gunlance? I got the rarity 8 sleep gunlance. It's hidden so I want to know if its worth it.
Sleep isn't elemental, it's status. Status generally suck dicks. Can be useful to proc stuff every now and then but the loss of damage makes it generally not worth it, although with Zorah gamma armor blast looks rather decent. Status can be good for support builds but that's gonna be SnS or LBG/HBG/Bow kind of stuff generally.

If it's hidden though, just count it as a raw weapon. A lot of the best raw weapons have hidden element/status and that's fine as long as you don't unlock them, you can use elementless to further increase the damage and makes them better. If it's a lvl 4 gunlance then it's certainly useable.

Don't know shit about gunlances but there was a list done a few days ago by PS4 players about which are the best weapons from Kulve:
Lance
  • R7 Claw
DB
  • R7 Rage
  • R7 Spark
  • R8 Ice
  • R8 Water
GL
  • anything with Lvl4 shelling
  • R7 King
  • R8 Poison
  • R8 Sleep
  • R8 Water
IG
  • R8 Ice
  • R8 Water
HBG
  • R7 Glutton
  • R7 Horn
  • R8 Support
LBG
  • R8 Pierce
  • R8 Shot
  • R8 Spread
  • (R8 Support)
Bow
  • R7 Queen
  • R8 Water
  • R8 Thunder
  • (R8 Fire)
SnS
  • R7 Rage
  • R7 Mud
  • R8 Water
  • (R8 Fire)
SA
  • R8 Para
  • (R8 Water)
CB
  • R7 Horn
  • (R8 Water)
Hammer
  • (R8 Sleep)
HH
  • (R8 Sleep)
LS
  • (R8 Fire)
Stuff in parantheses aren't currently in the game on PC, they're the 14 new weapons they added later on PS4(1 for each weapon type). Also it might not be a full list based on the lack of Lunastra weapons, I think it might just be what's good even with Lunastra.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sleep isn't elemental, it's status. Status generally suck dicks. Can be useful to proc stuff every now and then but the loss of damage makes it generally not worth it, although with Zorah gamma armor blast looks rather decent. Status can be good for support builds but that's gonna be SnS or LBG/HBG/Bow kind of stuff generally.

If it's hidden though, just count it as a raw weapon. A lot of the best raw weapons have hidden element/status and that's fine as long as you don't unlock them, you can use elementless to further increase the damage and makes them better. If it's a lvl 4 gunlance then it's certainly useable.

Don't know shit about gunlances but there was a list done a few days ago by PS4 players about which are the best weapons from Kulve:
Lance
  • R7 Claw
DB
  • R7 Rage
  • R7 Spark
  • R8 Ice
  • R8 Water
GL
  • anything with Lvl4 shelling
  • R7 King
  • R8 Poison
  • R8 Sleep
  • R8 Water
IG
  • R8 Ice
  • R8 Water
HBG
  • R7 Glutton
  • R7 Horn
  • R8 Support
LBG
  • R8 Pierce
  • R8 Shot
  • R8 Spread
  • (R8 Support)
Bow
  • R7 Queen
  • R8 Water
  • R8 Thunder
  • (R8 Fire)
SnS
  • R7 Rage
  • R7 Mud
  • R8 Water
  • (R8 Fire)
SA
  • R8 Para
  • (R8 Water)
CB
  • R7 Horn
  • (R8 Water)
Hammer
  • (R8 Sleep)
HH
  • (R8 Sleep)
LS
  • (R8 Fire)
Stuff in parantheses aren't currently in the game on PC, they're the 14 new weapons they added later on PS4(1 for each weapon type). Also it might not be a full list based on the lack of Lunastra weapons, I think it might just be what's good even with Lunastra.

You rock as always man, thanks.

I have every one of those GL's listed. So I want to get rid of that sleep jewel and that Release jewel/gear and use elementless Jewels?

aaaa.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Generally speaking, yes. First if you want to release it, you need 3/3, otherwise you're only getting part of the value(33% with 1/3 etc), and that's even worse. Sleep is also kinda meh unless you take time to bomb every sleep, not sure it's any faster though than just doing more damage on every hit and bombing at the start/end. I'd remove the release and sleep and put an elementless in and treat it as a raw gunlance, which should be pretty good.

The way status work, the value you see on the weapon isn't actually damage. It's an invisible status number, and once the value exceeds the monster resistance to that status, it's affected by the status. Then the monster gain a certain amount of additional resist to the status, and you need to beat that bigger number. That's why generally with status weapons you only get like 2, sometimes 3 actual status in. Blast and poison proc more often I think. Also melee weapons don't apply status on every hit(even if it's fully released, that's a separate thing), so it's kinda bad on weapons that don't spam hits like DB/SnS. Ranged weapons apply status on every hits guaranteed and since it's ammo/buff based, they can apply the status then switch to their full damage output no problem, while melee is stuck with the inferior damage output weapon the entire hunt.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's possible they're preparing new stuff, we'll see I guess.

Anyway to sum up all the PC stuff:

Dante event is on and stays for the next 2 weeks, decent armor, to get from that.

Next thursday, Lunastra comes in, great armor(lots of sockets) and great weapons(they have set bonuses directly on them).

In 2 weeks, the Winter festival starts, which has all the generic events, as well as a bunch of new stuff and Megaman event+KT will be available again. For the new stuff looking at the list, Arch Tempered Kirin(Kirin gamma armor has some fairly ok pieces, until better stuff comes in), there's a challenge for Galajaka armor for Palico(the full set) as well as Butterfly layered armor(spring event reward for consoles I think?), Mosswine Mask and Faux Feline Mask layered armor(boar and cat head). So quite a lot of stuff to do.

Also seems to have its own set of stuff that's not listed yet, you get tickets as usual for daily bounties/logging in, and from the screenshot you get some winter looking armor(layered probably?) and snowman cat armor.

That's quite a lot of stuff to do.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
This KT event can't end fast enough. I've been playing bow for the last couple of weeks, and the thunder bow is like the only rarity 8 I haven't seen. While it's active, I feel obligated to keep running it instead of doing something more fun.
EDIT: I should have bitched about this a few days ago. I just got it!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This KT event can't end fast enough. I've been playing bow for the last couple of weeks, and the thunder bow is like the only rarity 8 I haven't seen. While it's active, I feel obligated to keep running it instead of doing something more fun.
EDIT: I should have bitched about this a few days ago. I just got it!

Still no water GL. I think I have every rare 8 weapon now except the one I want.