Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I stopped playing pretty early last year, I think i was fighting the HR Diablos when I got distracted by another game. Will all the old content, including tempered and arch-tempered monsters still be accessible, even if it's not relevant? I'd still like to try to complete those things for fun.

Yeah you can do whatever.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Excellent. Thanks!
The Arch tempered versions, Kulve Taroth and other special event shits are on rotation though, they're not available at all times. Normal tempered monsters are part of the main game and are, and all the free DLC monsters are always available in normal and tempered(if it exists) versions: Deviljho, Lunastra, Behemoth(FFXIV event) and I think the normal Leshen(Witcher 3 event).

You can see the console schedule here Low/High Rank Event Quests | Monster Hunter: World - CAPCOM

Also during holidays periods like Halloween in a few weeks, generally most events are active so you can farm all that shit at once at that point.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the entry level rarity 9 light bow guns suck compared to the KT Blitz support, pretty disappointed atm.

Edit: Well, maybe not. Just unlocked the Nightmare Paolumu gun, and it has rapid fire Pierce ammo. Interesting.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All the entry level rarity 9 light bow guns suck compared to the KT Blitz support, pretty disappointed atm.

Edit: Well, maybe not. Just unlocked the Nightmare Paolumu gun, and it has rapid fire Pierce ammo. Interesting.
Not too surprising, bowguns are really weird in how they get picked. I'm not sure but I think for example it'll be hard to find a better HBG than Glutton unless they specifically made a really strong gun right away, because of 8shots spread 3 which kinda shits on everything else since it cuts reload times A LOT. Once you hit the later monsters I'm sure there will be something better just by virtue of doing more damage per shot, but doubt you'd find anything worth replacing in the first tier of monsters. Not that I'd play HBG as my main weapon anyway.

I took a look at the armors and honestly most of them are also pretty meh. The wiki doesn't have set bonuses yet so maybe some of them change but mostly I've seen a few good pieces, and obviously if you need lvl 4 slots you'd want new gear, plus the defense is great on them, but skill wise there's nothing even close to Drachen on most slots. Still will have to throw Drachen in the trash but like yeah, they don't open with the most OP shit right away, kinda makes sense. Wiki was missing a bunch of elder dragon armors though and I assume arch tempered shit is where the big skills will be as usual.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, all the armor I've seen so far has been bland and only useful (if at all) once you have built up a good stock of lvl4 deco's with nice combo skills. Since I never did get the AT Xeno set, my only armor goal atm is the Nargacuga since it has spare shot.

Also, not sure about that rumor that all armors would be able to be also crafted as Layered. This hasn't occured yet, so it might be locked behind story / achievements, since some Strategist Spectacles became Layered after I hit some story section.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
The armor is kinda meh, but i love the weapons. Zinogre railgun destroys glutton, all the new elemental shit is super meta.

I finished it in just under 20 hrs on stream. If you have endgame questions just ask away.

Video @

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Decided to double dip and not wait for PC release. Just got to the base. My gun lance shows 15 new weapon ??? trees in addition to the ones already there. So much to explore and find again!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am running Longsword this time. Longsword and Hammer are just sooooooo much more satisfying with the Clutch Claw. Fuck yeah baby.

LBG for range.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is there a different way to craft items out on a hunt other than using the radial menu and flicking the analog stick? Is there a way to bring up the crafting window itself?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
My first few hours have been going very badly. I figured I would try to do the blue ! quests I missed out on before leaving Astera. First one I started was the witcher, and Leshen kicked my ass twice on the final phase with the Pukei trying to help me. Goddamn what a long pain in the ass quest to wipe on. Think I will just move on now!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fyi, if you start the Behemoth quest, the music in Astera will change to a FFXIV theme and will not change until you defeat Behemoth.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is there a different way to craft items out on a hunt other than using the radial menu and flicking the analog stick? Is there a way to bring up the crafting window itself?
You can Start > Crafting list and just do stuff that way, pretty sure it sort stuff in order so the things you can craft are first. I do the radial menu though, but I changed it cause I didn't like flinging, on mine I point at a direction but it only does the thing once I press R3 to confirm, I didn't like fat fingering the wrong shit

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really hated Nightmare Paolumu. Since he has diminishing returns on flashpod, how are you supposed to keep him attackable on the ground for more than 10 seconds at a time. Spam Cltuch Claw was kind of annoying and tedious.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I really hated Nightmare Paolumu. Since he has diminishing returns on flashpod, how are you supposed to keep him attackable on the ground for more than 10 seconds at a time. Spam Cltuch Claw was kind of annoying and tedious.
Barioth was my nemsis. JUST STAND STILL FOR ONE GOD DAMN SECOND

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tempered Banbaro is no joke. Once he gets his ball rolling its one shot city, lol.

• 1Like