Monster Hunter: World

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If WoW wasn't sucking every bit of game time from my life I would be playing the shit out of it. Think I'm going to wait on PC too and restart from scratch.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah built a new gaming PC earlier this year, will pick up the complete edition when it hits in Jan.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
If you enjoyed World - I say this without any doubt in my mind - this game is for you. I cannot stress the amount of QOL changes and incredible detail to attack patterns and slick animations on the new monsters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you enjoyed World - I say this without any doubt in my mind - this game is for you. I cannot stress the amount of QOL changes and incredible detail to attack patterns and slick animations on the new monsters.
Watching these streams is killing me. Going to be soooo fun.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Ill be streaming a full playthrough next 3 days @ - starting at 11pm tonight central at unlock - phemeto and I are doing a start to finish run.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I havent played in about a year but getting this tomorrow. I think I left off around or after HR29. I think I beat the 2 bezelgeuses and stopped on tempered stuff. I wonder how hard it is going to be to jump back in? I am guessing there are some must-dos in the old content before I start on Iceborne stuff. Any suggestions?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I havent played in about a year but getting this tomorrow. I think I left off around or after HR29. I think I beat the 2 bezelgeuses and stopped on tempered stuff. I wonder how hard it is going to be to jump back in? I am guessing there are some must-dos in the old content before I start on Iceborne stuff. Any suggestions?
Na you just start. The only thing you HAVE to do before starting Master Rank is finishing the story of the original, which if you're HR29 you're well past. Just pick up, start the first quest, maybe leave if it's too hard and go farm some materials(iron/bone gathering) in a MR map, I saw a video and apparently you can get a MR great jagras hunt right away too so you can do that also, then craft a new MR set and you're good to go.

The only things worth in the old content would be events with like, layered armor for cosmetics, the witcher one for attack gem(should still be relevant, although not super vital and can be done at any point), the assassin's creed for the mantle mostly for gathering and that's about it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll get a sorta nice armor set for free called Guardian Armor, mainly for newer players to get up to Iceborne, and if it can be upgraded it might be a decent entry level MR set due to its defensive oriented skills.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The clutch claw really shines with the hammer. Damn.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Odd thing happened last night, which is either new or so rare that it is near impossible. Took a hunt for a high rank jagras (needed mats) in Ancient Forest and got dropped off somewhere in area 17 on a grassy pad up in a tree (handler said the drake was spooked by some monster). On the pad was a devil's mushroom, and a type of mining outcrop I'd never seen before. When I mined it, I got 3 Advanced Armor Sphere's. Cool? Is that new?

Also, is the LBG unable to use the Clutch Claw while the gun is drawn?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure. Only did beotodus this morning. I'm going to use the free prints to make a longsword and the lunastra lbg.

Also realized I never got the immunity mantle.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Odd thing happened last night, which is either new or so rare that it is near impossible. Took a hunt for a high rank jagras (needed mats) in Ancient Forest and got dropped off somewhere in area 17 on a grassy pad up in a tree (handler said the drake was spooked by some monster). On the pad was a devil's mushroom, and a type of mining outcrop I'd never seen before. When I mined it, I got 3 Advanced Armor Sphere's. Cool? Is that new?

Also, is the LBG unable to use the Clutch Claw while the gun is drawn?
Yeah it's in the patch notes, you will randomly be dropped either near a valuable node(with armorstones it seems from what I've read, might be other stuff too) or right next to your target, instead of some random place.

And LBG can use the claw fine with weapon unsheathed like every other weapon. Prompts says press R3 to aim slingshot with weapon drawn and aiming(so L2 > R3 to get the slingshot out, then circle for claw shot or R2 to fire slinger). Since the weapons have aiming that's why you have to hit an additional key.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got to Barioth (flying ice cat thing?) and kept getting my shit pushed in. Was almost 4am so figured I'd get some sleep before work and tackle it tonight.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
The only things worth in the old content would be events with like, layered armor for cosmetics, the witcher one for attack gem(should still be relevant, although not super vital and can be done at any point), the assassin's creed for the mantle mostly for gathering and that's about it.

I stopped playing pretty early last year, I think i was fighting the HR Diablos when I got distracted by another game. Will all the old content, including tempered and arch-tempered monsters still be accessible, even if it's not relevant? I'd still like to try to complete those things for fun.