Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tempered Banbaro is no joke. Once he gets his ball rolling its one shot city, lol.

Giant banbaro in the arena is real bad because of that. His fucking tree takes up the entire place lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm happy that I can have my character look like a sexy ninja gunner AND have relevant skills. Nicely done, Capcom.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really if the expansion was just all these QOL changes it would have been great lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Rapid Fire pierce ammo on LBG is pretty nice, can't even imagine how badass it would be on HBG if they get it as well. Only downside to it is you have to use up all the mod slots for reload to allow you to move while reloading.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Mann Thunder Puppy's Railgun is fucking OP, finished story amazing ending, but great seeing Glavenus and Zinogre in actual HD instead of gimped ass, 3ds/Frontier style.

Now for the rest of the fated four ... maybe ...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not too surprising, bowguns are really weird in how they get picked. I'm not sure but I think for example it'll be hard to find a better HBG than Glutton unless they specifically made a really strong gun right away, because of 8shots spread 3 which kinda shits on everything else since it cuts reload times A LOT. Once you hit the later monsters I'm sure there will be something better just by virtue of doing more damage per shot, but doubt you'd find anything worth replacing in the first tier of monsters. Not that I'd play HBG as my main weapon anyway.

I took a look at the armors and honestly most of them are also pretty meh. The wiki doesn't have set bonuses yet so maybe some of them change but mostly I've seen a few good pieces, and obviously if you need lvl 4 slots you'd want new gear, plus the defense is great on them, but skill wise there's nothing even close to Drachen on most slots. Still will have to throw Drachen in the trash but like yeah, they don't open with the most OP shit right away, kinda makes sense. Wiki was missing a bunch of elder dragon armors though and I assume arch tempered shit is where the big skills will be as usual.
I looked at the radial dial setup today, and it seems they've added some more QoL improvements to it. You can a setup for Questing and one for being in HQ. And unless I missed it before, when you make a crafting shortcut, you can now select to either craft 1 by 1 OR All.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just discovered the Trailrider mechanic. Mind blown. You can borrow the Palico mount to super speed you across any map.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
okay yeah Barioth sucked with Longsword, switched to Lance and it was cake.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems they added an additional feature for Lynians. If you're unity is high enough with a tribe, you'll see a new icon at their camp on a map called Pawswap. You can fast travel directly there and talk to some of them. You offer them an item, and give it to the one (of three) who is most excited. You'll get another item in return, and possibly a hint for a buried treasure on the map. I did this earlier. Gave them a pit trap (they were bugtrappers), got some claw in return and a hint to a treasure in the Diablos nesting room. Dug it up and it was a kelbi horn.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ruiner Nerg can suck my dick. I've come to the conclusion PS4 and controllers suck balls. WTB PC iceborne.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dislike how they changed the "time to capture" indicators. Has to be linked to how a mob won't sleep if there is anyone in its nest area, but now you (or at least me) hardly ever see the skull indicating it is weak. Now you have to take note of how many slinger ammo drops from dmg (not from clutch).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Farmed up some elemental gear for long sword and figured I'd give ol nerg one more run. Tired as hell and one shot it, looks like gear made the difference.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Farmed up some elemental gear for long sword and figured I'd give ol nerg one more run. Tired as hell and one shot it, looks like gear made the difference.

Which longsword are you running?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting the hang of effective Longsword counters is quite difficult and frustrating. It's awesome when you pull it off though.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Which longsword are you running?
Velkhana and tobi one for when i hit up a monster strong to ice. Not sure what else changed but I was getting one shot by the dive after roar (due to how quick it is) and when I went back last night it wasnt one shotting anymore so dunno wtf is up there. Also vigor wasp revive from palico is $$. Working towards 4pc bonus on Velkhana to see how that 4pc bonus is.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Getting the hang of effective Longsword counters is quite difficult and frustrating. It's awesome when you pull it off though.
Was watching some LS vids on youtube and one of the guy never uses the new R2+X move. Really REALLY helps you flow combat. I use the charged R2+X into R2 for big damage without having to do helmsplitter. And the R2+X into triangle really keeps the damage flowing and gives you sword power regen to boot.

• 1Like