Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wasn't there a way to use the Steamworks with just one button? Thought it was just holding down a trigger, but nope.
Have to clear it once before you can do that, at least on PS4 not sure if it works on PC haven't tested yet.

Game is trying to tell me to go back to Lance, first lvl 4 deco I dropped is Offensive Guard+Crit Eye which is really fucking good.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You thought hunting for decos with 1 skill were bad? Herp derp 4 slot deco with two skills makes it even more annoying lol.

Good Skill/Crit Eye or Vitality are the best ones.

Public Service Announcement: If the 2 year Anniversary Brings back STEEL/SILVER/GOLD MELDING TICKETS to the Steamworks. DO NOT SPEND YOUR COAL ON THE STEAM ENGINE UNTIL 24 JAN.

Steel/Silver/Gold Melding tickets turn into free random decorations and you can get like hundreds of them this way. Only use the natural reserve coal and not anything you add in as extra.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just spent an hour remapping buttons and making macros. This expansion is worth the 50 bucks for one reason. I don't need to sheath my weapon to use slinger!!

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Logged in and it still had me at Camp with Xeno so I just finished him off with no health pots, lol. Must have been hammered by the end last night with how easy he was. Oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to clear it once before you can do that, at least on PS4 not sure if it works on PC haven't tested yet.

Game is trying to tell me to go back to Lance, first lvl 4 deco I dropped is Offensive Guard+Crit Eye which is really fucking good.
Yep, that is how it works. First clear got me a Print though, which is going to make some Mantle, like the pain in the ass Rathalos mantle.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a blast in Iceborne so far, love some of the old monster/new types - The water Pukei Pukei in particular has some really neat moves.

It's a definite step up, not necessarily in difficulty (so far) but certainly in ttk. Some of these fecking hunts are taking me forever

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been trucking along until Tigrex, fucker wiped me a bunch of times. I'm fairly sure he'd be a lot easier with Lance but had a lot of trouble landing clean hits with HH especially when he's enraged. Eventually still killed him though and figured now is a good time to upgrade my armor cause I was literally running out of heals midfight. Got 3part Nargacuga(actually got all the mats I needed in one kill, just needed small monster crap like gajau and snow cows skins), I'll go for Odogaron belt next, might keep the hat I have for a while more though since fitting skills is a pain without good lvl 4 decos and the few sockets there is on everything. Gala has crit boost and 3 sockets so I can fit a bunch of stuff. Doesn't help I need 2 horn maestros gems now instead of 1, hopefully I get a lvl 4 that does it in one slot. After I'm done with that I'll farm a bit to upgrade my weapon and then I'll probably be good to go until the end of the story.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Some screens...Cut scenes aren't ultra wide.

bcdnbcbnbn.jpg
dfdfdf.jpg
fgfsfsa.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cool my save file is gone.
There's a post on the steam forums that details how to get it back that "should" work. Apparently the big deal is that anyone who hasn't logged in a while didn't have the new type of save file and starting Iceborne it doesn't convert the old style properly, so you need to force update it using a bunch of tricks. Assuming your issue is the one where when you launched it said save was corrupted shit. has some explanations on the process. Alternatively you'll have to look into save editing your shit back if you can't find a copy of your save anywhere.

Honestly reading reddit it seems a lot of people have technically issues one way or the other, but I can say I didn't have a single problem. Part of it is them fucking up the kbm controls but I use a gamepad, part seems to affect people who can't run DX12(win xp especially) or that run DX12 with low memory on their gfx, and probably a few things but some people basically can't play anymore even though they ran the base game fine so they're pretty angry, understandably. I'm glad the biggest issue I ran into is that when I launched the game 5mins after downloads started, Iceborne was apparently not activated yet because I downloaded too fast or whatever, so I had to run around for 10mins trying to figure out what was wrong until it told me to relog to start Iceborne.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Died once to Nargacuga last night in a pug, and my ending screen was rather appropriate:
ouch.jpg

Had forgotten how bad the LBG was in early IB, but now I have the armor / weapon that will carry me to Garuga.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wasn't there a way to use the Steamworks with just one button? Thought it was just holding down a trigger, but nope.

If you're referring to opening up steam big picture it's the xbox button on the XB1 controller.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a blast in Iceborne so far, love some of the old monster/new types - The water Pukei Pukei in particular has some really neat moves.

It's a definite step up, not necessarily in difficulty (so far) but certainly in ttk. Some of these fecking hunts are taking me forever

And now I look like a fool - the entire time in MHW base game I failed a story quest one time - Nergigante, for whatever reason.

I'm cruising a long last night, enjoying it and then Barioth kills me. 3 times. 3 TIMES!!! He's a giant pita and he's too quick to do any combos. Never played him in other games so he was a surprise jump in difficulty for me. Only tried once before I passed out but will try and tackle him again this evening with a different strat

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you're referring to opening up steam big picture it's the xbox button on the XB1 controller.

He is referring to the in-game mini game steam engine shit in Iceborne you can do for free mats. I didn't think you played MHW?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And now I look like a fool - the entire time in MHW base game I failed a story quest one time - Nergigante, for whatever reason.

I'm cruising a long last night, enjoying it and then Barioth kills me. 3 times. 3 TIMES!!! He's a giant pita and he's too quick to do any combos. Never played him in other games so he was a surprise jump in difficulty for me. Only tried once before I passed out but will try and tackle him again this evening with a different strat

Barioth was a huge wake up call for me too. That fucker does not sit still for one second. I carted to failure like three times before I switched to lance to kill him. Once you break one of his arms though he slides around a lot and is a ton easier. Like he can't do his dash and just slides out of it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Barioth was a huge wake up call for me too. That fucker does not sit still for one second. I carted to failure like three times before I switched to lance to kill him. Once you break one of his arms though he slides around a lot and is a ton easier. Like he can't do his dash and just slides out of it.

Ya, I was going to make a run at him with my fire db's and then Lance and just poke him to death for 45 minutes